Bretton VS Ancient Kitten
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bretton VS Ancient Kitten

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bretton VS Ancient Kitten

Theme: A warrior type character whose design incorporates mechanics/robotics in some way. A former minion from hell who fights for his own mysterious goals. In a story, he'd be the joker, neither pro- nor antagonist, and nobody knows what he's really up to - probably including himself.

-A finished piece with clean lines (inked lines are not required, just clean) can be any medium but lineart must show. No shading. Everything else is up to the artist.

-A page with sketches showing poses, expressions that illustrate the characters style and feel.

-A simple sketched comic strip depicting the character in battle eliminating a foe. Limited to 7 pictures.

Looking forward to a good clean fight. Let's get it on!

Last edited by John; December 13th, 2003 at 08:54 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

HA! Now how are you going to draw, huh? Holding the pencil with your beak, that is your style, right? A chicken. That is so weak, dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I draw with my big beefy arm

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Removed Because Earthlink Is Gay*

Last edited by F3nix; December 13th, 2003 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL! That's great! Reminds me of Trogdor from homestarrunner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argh! It's a monster! *hides behind F3nix's cool banner*
    FREAK! FREAK!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    since our theme was announced i have been doodling my ideas for my character all over my math and history notes: i had one idea before this that reminded me too much of incognito with a huge head and tons of eyes. i am so glad he is not in the manga..

this one i forget when i came up with the idea... o.o but here it is,,, im not sure if i will stick with this one.. but i like it.. quick doodle in oc..

i will be adding more detail... probably give him some kickin gloves... im not sure if i like the exhaust pipes on his back.. ill either make them look good or get rid of them completely... hope to see some idea sketches from you ancient kitten..

and ancientkitten im sure you werent that literal when you said joker.. but.. i went with it haha... he has a story :] i like it later

edit: if you would like to see the event file for this just let me know.. it has another sketch on it that is a closeup of the face,,, i liked the closeup.. but i lost it because i was trying to resize to doodle something else... but i accidently resized to 100 x 100 instead of 1000x1000 and my picture was lost

Last edited by Bretton; December 12th, 2003 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't you get the closeup from so eventfile in some way? It'd help if you could resize your images so i can see it in the whole without scrolling, too.

Personally, i like the exhaust pipe, but i think you could accentuate it by making it bigger and stick out from the body at an angle. Right now it looks like someone glued it to his back. Work out some way in that the machinery is attached to his body, like bolts that stick out of the flesh. Or... something. Dunno.

Check the anatomy, his left arm looks a little off, as does the neck, which should be longer i'd think.

Hope that criticism was constructive enough. Me, i've been sketching some ideas, but haven't worked out what i want yet. Maybe i'll post some of that later. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'll be doing more sketches, still haven't decided what my character will look like. Apart from him being evil and stuff. I think it's hard not to draw some Doom Monster/Strogg kinda creature.
    And we don't want a creature, do we? Naaah.
    I'll be sketching all of next week, and choose from that by the end of the week. Then i'll work out the character for one week or two, and get to doing the final stuff, like comic and lineart.

Until then, i'll be posting sketches when i feel like it, and write random threats. Like 'Die, M*theryouknowwhatimean' or 'Killkillkillkillkill. Killkill. Kill. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill.'. Yippie-ki-yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fun facts with Ancient Kitten!

Fun fact #47:

Bretton would have friends if it weren't for his giant butt. No shit, it's hideous.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another... thing that could possibly kick your ass.
    But it probably won't. Just so you don't think i'm lazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

newest sketch.. made the neck longer.. made his hood.. point.. things... shorter.. made the things on his hat thinner... changed the way the face fit onto the skull... gave him some long gloves.. event file is available....

i like the new sketch kitten.. i like his face...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

I like that. :cool:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks kitten :] im trying to put off doing homework so here is another... in a military uniform...

btw ancient kitten do you have a website where i could see some more of your art?

Last edited by Bretton; December 14th, 2003 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and while we're at it, you can call me Ancient you know... Or better yet, call me AK. Taktaktak.

Well, what can i say, first of be a nice boy and do your homework. I never did, but whatever. Done with maths? Ok, good, now get rid of that pink. Just get rid of it.
    Also, i tend to keep uniforms more defined in form than other clothes, while these look like a skinny girl in a tent. See, there's a reason my characters are barechested. Which would provide a reason to make them female, but i just don't like the look of babes that have been killed twice.

I'll probably post some stuff tomorrow, but right now it's bedtime here.

Edit: Nope. Too lazy.
    Actually, i have no idea what my final pic will look like, cuz i've been practicing for like 3 months now and haven't sketched in a while. I'm always surprised to see how my stuff turns out. g2gnow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

yeah.. uhm.. this one was quick because i have bneen trying to do one everyday and tonight i am going out to dinner so i did this in like 5 minutes. .. yeah.. ive sort of just been dressing him up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy stuff here -- i like the lankyness of the figures.

keep it up im enjoying this one.

peace - form

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is that skeleton smoking a cigarette? Uh... how?
    Hell magic, i guess. We're one of the most active threads here, that rocks. Here's what i came up with yesterday. Of course that's not all the sketches i did, but i like the direction in which this is going. A bit too much like a reptile, but i'm working on that.

You won't stand a chance against this guy. He's got some tricks up his sleeve, you'll see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and i have to add the babies mask is badass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think i will try that drawing a picture to make fun of you thing:

yeah... i bet you are crying now.. why dont you go have a smoke if your depressed hm kitty? haha!... sorry.. sorry i used the word bad twice... i didnt realize until later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahehehe....why you wasting yo time or caricatures lol....oh to make me larf :chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ::Laughing my ass off::

Bet you'd like to laugh your ass off, wouldn't you? Cuz it's so big, you see.

Last edited by John; December 18th, 2003 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I definately have to work on this some more, right now it looks like some weak icp-fanart, and icp=shit.
    I wanted him to have more character, and the character shows in the face... right now he looks like that stoner guy i know. Sad.
    Sooo, i'll work on this some more, until i'm satisfied with it, and then i'll start on the finished piece. I'm also working on the body right now, just so you know i'm not stuck in monster-cosmetics. I don't think i like the cross on his forehead, just too bold, as is the whole character... i want him to be more of a subtle, disturbing kind of guy. Not that in your face kind of evil. So back to the drawing board...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sooo, you finished your final pic already? Like, all done? Duh. Here's another wip, very Marylin Mansonesque.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, you might do a new pic depending on '...things', huh? Do those '...things' maybe include ...major-suckage, ...Xtreme-shittiness or ...your-head-in-your-buttess? Ah, i thought so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since you have such a big butt, you see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok it took my about five minutes to draw this with my mouse so it is hard to follow...

(1)he dodges a punch!
    (2)and then a kick!
    (3)delivers a spine-shattering metal hoof to the back
    (4)the foe is flung and lands with a thud and a great dispersal of blood through the mouth
    (5)the foe attempts to lift himself but who is that scary silhouette behind him?
    (6)the foe is held down with a steel hoof and cold scythe is placed below his neck
    (7)big cool panel that catches a nice wicked drawing of my char plus the victims head coming off.. maybe some body crumpling.. low camera angle definately.. blood splattering all over.. totally awesome..

Last edited by Bretton; December 20th, 2003 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Bretton
    (7)big cool panel that catches a nice wicked drawing of my char plus the victims head coming off.. maybe some body crumpling.. low camera angle definately.. blood splattering all over.. totally awesome..
    LOL, 'totally awesome'... you really love that, right?
    You really got the bloody finishing move nailed. I'd like to see the enemy try to pull a trick, which of course is reverted and causes him an extra painalty, maybe you can leave out the dodging which i feel isn't as inspired as the rest. Definitely leave in the throwing pose, which is pretty cool. In panel 6 you could have a closeup of the foe's face as it distorts in shock and sudden realization of his imminent bloody decapitation, trying to pull his head away from the scythe in horror... man, i'm as twisted as you are, we should both be ashamed of ourselves. Or not be ashamed and concentrate on drawing.

edit: in panel 7, go for frogs eye perspective, but show him from a 3/4 frontal view so you can show off the foe's body bending and twisting, showing the character like a hunter with his foot on his prey. It also makes the end more dramatic, with a camera angle overkill to show the finishing move in all it's gory glory.
    Maybe we could do the comic in a storyboard style with camera directions, makes you think more of that stuff... man, i'm looking forward to doing mine... if i ever finish my character design.

Last edited by John; December 20th, 2003 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the old one but im gonna try and have a lot of ideas because i have a lot of time.. so i made another one... i drewit pretty cartoony because it made it more fun.

ignore the design for the enemy.. that is just.. nothing.. i just dont know what i want to do with him yet

(1)a swift dodge!
    (2)our hero(?) takes advantage pf his position and catches his enemy right in thge back of the head! ouch!
    (3)yeah.. body is flung... bounches off the ground a bit.. rolls.. hits the wall... blood trail=cool
    (4)determined stride...
    (5)a dangerous looking cast shadow
    (6)lots of blood
    (7)gore panel

in retrospect panel 4 is unneccesary and i would use it to turn panel 5 into two panels.. one showing the strike and the other showing blood all over.. or.. something else.. any thoughts kitten?

Last edited by Bretton; December 20th, 2003 at 01:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.