Art: My Animations

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My Animations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Animations

hey all,

well... just about my self. im a senior animation major attending at Minneapolis Collage of Art and Design. i been animating for about the past 3 years but have been drawing and coloring and all that other artsy stuff for about 8 years. so ill post some of my faves on here and if anyone have questions about them im more than happy to answer them.

Q-Tip Animation Promotion
    This was a collaboration animation with a fellow classmate interning with Motown Records. I was in charge with color, technical animation in After Effects and camera director. done with photoshop and after effects.

Stop Motion - Giraffe Test
    this was done for my Independent Study Class in stop motion. i done these to see how they would animate and move. to give you guys an idea how big these things were, think of your hand as the head and the neck as your forearm to elbow. really enjoyed doing these.

Stop Motion - Giraffe Test 2
    another test of the other character. these two are of a bigger project that i done and still need to post it on YT.

Sexy Cow Dance
    This was done in my Digital Illustration class. our final was to make a short 1 sec animation. the cow was from a previous project from the class as a spot illustration. i really enjoy this cause its just wrong and funny

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last one put a smile on my face... damn thats wrong and funny alright = )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I loved the first one the most!!! good job!!

Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your giraffes test ! They really awesome, lypsinc is quite good emotion too, the idea and the vocals are really funny!
    We can really imagine the size of the model with the Earphone.
    Great job man want to see more! Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, decided to take the time to post the bigger project of the Giraffe animation. hope you like it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahahahaha loving the sense of humor man x] the cow one is hilarious xD

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SalOnimaruRem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... LOL =) love it around 2:25 when the giraffe at right almost pukes!!
    credits at the end are also funny. good stuff = )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God I love that cow... XD

Beautiful work on the Q-tip animation. I really enjoyed watching that.

I thought your stop motion tests were cute, but then I saw the finished one of them in the zoo I think they moved much better. It was fun. But... would peanuts be bad for a giraffe? You have me curious now... but I doubt looking it up would lead to any clear conclusion... so I guess I won't waste my time looking that up...

I love him when he's being all reluctant about telling his friend about the peanuts . They've got great expressions and kudos to your voice actors too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loved the Q-tip animation, very good!! Care to give us some insight of how you made it?

The gyraffes are funny, good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruivo View Post
    Loved the Q-tip animation, very good!! Care to give us some insight of how you made it?

The gyraffes are funny, good work!

well i worked on it with a fellow student in class (whom i honestly hated to work with) and its mostly done on Photoshop and AfterEffects. the vines that i done took longer than i thought cause i had no idea how i was gonna animate it other then masks which i done. everything that was made was parent to those vines, so if i move the vines, the buildings and the figures and the flowers and everything (except for the background elements) moved with the vines. im really happy how it turned out and happy to be apart of an awesome animation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Keng View Post
    God I love that cow... XD

Beautiful work on the Q-tip animation. I really enjoyed watching that.

I thought your stop motion tests were cute, but then I saw the finished one of them in the zoo I think they moved much better. It was fun. But... would peanuts be bad for a giraffe? You have me curious now... but I doubt looking it up would lead to any clear conclusion... so I guess I won't waste my time looking that up...

I love him when he's being all reluctant about telling his friend about the peanuts . They've got great expressions and kudos to your voice actors too.

LOL! naw i doubt peanuts would effect giraffes. the only way possible if they were tainted that would make them sick... like salmonella from the peanut scare/recall.

and thanks. i was glad that the voice actors (whom are fellow students and friends) fit the rolls perfectly. i still got the audio from when they were goofing off and its just hilarious cause they go off in a rant but were still in character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one rocks, very cool! Meanwhile that cow.... that's gonna stay with me for a while ahahah :|

And I actually have a question if you don't mind; how exactly do you animate with photoshop and aftereffects? Not sure how to word this in a less general way, but I can't seem to find a proper tutorial on literally how to get from photoshop images to aftereffects.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    LOL.
    The cow is gold.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapun View Post
    First one rocks, very cool! Meanwhile that cow.... that's gonna stay with me for a while ahahah :|

And I actually have a question if you don't mind; how exactly do you animate with photoshop and aftereffects? Not sure how to word this in a less general way, but I can't seem to find a proper tutorial on literally how to get from photoshop images to aftereffects.
    in the new versions of Photoshop (CS2 and up) they added in a feature to animate. in order to transfer PS files to AE, you basically have to save each individual frames. be sure to have a "Saved Selection" on your character, this makes your character an Alpha Channel. when you import it into AE, click your first frame and before hitting 'okay' be sure to check the "Photoshop Sequence" checked. this will automatically load all your frame of the same name. meaning have your file (example) Running001 and the next Running002 and so on. it will not work if a frame doesnt have the same tile. with that done and imported you should just have the character and no whiteness around the character. this makes it easier to drop backgrounds for your character to interact with.

hopes this helps. if you have any other questions, feel free to email me @ zsteuer@mcad.edu

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueVon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys doin a dissertation on animation and could do with your views, i have made a questionnaire its like 5 questions, thanks

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...UGk2sJeg_3d_3d

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.