Is it worth it? (computer question)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Is it worth it? (computer question)

I do all of my painting on a 20" iMac, but I think I want to change over to a smaller but more portable 15-17" Macbook. I guess my question is, will I really miss the couple inches I lose on the screen, and is it better to have a solid home base like that. Or do a lot of you guys use portable computers as well, I want to know what would be the more professional choice. I just figured it works better with my lifestyle since I can't always be at home. To me I can't really see a major difference, but decided to ask since it is an expensive decision.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You could always get a monitor to hook the Macbook up to when you're not on the go. So you'd have the macbook screen and the monitor,

Thanks
    thats a really good idea actually

Thanks
    It really depends on what you are most comfortable with. Everyone has their own tastes. Personally I use a 32" flat screen, may just be because I'm going blind

Thanks
    15-17 is a lot smaller than 20, remember a screen that has 2x the diagonal has 4x the screen area.

An imac is basically a laptop that is stuck on your desk, so you will not loose much in terms of performance (both computational and display) by going to the laptop. If you were debating going from a desktop to a laptop, then you may notice some discrepancies performance wise, but in your case you will only notice a smaller screen. Also, the imac screen is pretty bad, definitely not "professional". With either machine, I would get a more accurate display. I know several people who have a macbook and a display and are quite happy with the solution.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.