Art Schools... where should I go?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Schools... where should I go?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Art Schools... where should I go?

Hello! I am an 18 year old highschool graduate and am looking into applying at an art/design college. The only schools dedicated to such a field in my area are listed here.

Now, just like every other art enthusiast, I am very picky about where I attend. My preferred education is in illustration and/or concept art. As of now, I own a small sized Wacom drawing board and a few drawing programs. I also own the basic hand-drawn materials such as pencils, pens, and sketch books, which I practice with as much as possible.

Now for the tricky part. I have visited the Art Institute of Raleigh - Durham and very much enjoyed the environment there, however, the school's art courses are limited to that of graphic design and 3D animation. There isn't anything wrong with that, but I'd like to utilize all of my artistic talents while enrolled for a degree of fine arts.

I guess I could say I'm sort of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to art. I have a knack for both sculpting with clay and painting. Both of which the Art Institute lacks.

I have looked in going to the regular university Methodist college, which offers the normal variety of classes that I'd like to take.

If I'm making this difficult for you to understand, please leave a comment why. I'm going through the normal transition from highschool to college, and I really want to make the right decision!

Thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want to be a concept artist, look for the school that offers the strongest training in traditional, representational drawing and painting. This will include lots of perspective and artistic anatomy. Then look for industrial design drawing courses. There are other requirements as well, but this is a good place to start.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.