Art: ILLUMANOTIC - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: ILLUMANOTIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't know what to say that hasn't been said already. I love your work....the detail....colour....energy....everything Andrew. You are a legend man. Keep 'em coming! I'll be here waiting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously Andrew your work is amazing.

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first image, below your self portrait video..

I am absolutely speechless. I know you aim your work to inspire, but I am completely dumbfounded and in awe.

Thank You

//

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic video. Apart from final result, even the process of creating image has certain visual impact. That probably comes from lots of live digital painting.
    I especially like that moment at 2:20. Music gets more intense and you suddenly start painting with bubbles .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just wanted to say that your analogue pieces are really rad... would love to see one in nature. i really dig the approach to go more abstract instead of rendering figurative keyelements... the subtile konstruction of abstract pattern is away more soaking for the recipient i think.. its kind of absurd to say when i look at your digi-repros but the non-figurative pieces are far more auratic ;-)

best regards

check yourself before you wreck yourself...

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff andrew. I really wish I had your talent with patterns and shapes that way, it seems so easy, and it gives such cool style to it. Is it all with photoshop brushes ? I guess you´ve made a bunch of custom shapes and brushes? anyway, great stuff !- very inspiriring!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Best thread ever, God I love this stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic. Genius. I love it. I haven't really had a chance to take a long/hard look at your stuff Android, but now that I have, I am not sure I was ready for it! Simply mind-blowing! Inspiration for a lifetime now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your traditional stuff is candy for the soul!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find it strange that I hardly post in your threads. Guess it is the awesomeness which radiates from the thread. Though I have a few questions, which I am sure have been answered before around the forums, but I would love to have them in one spot.

What canvas size to you usually start with in Painter?
    Do you struggle with brushlag and such?

I guess in general I was wondering if you one day could make a huge post in the Painter Section on tips and tricks which you use in Painter. Such as the Paper folder tip you gave a while ago. That was really helpfull!

Anyways, love your stuff as usual. Totally breathtaking!

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow really amazing , so much attention into each image, its just amazing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really lovely, I can't help wishing some times that the less random elements used were less visible, the abstract elements are great but when the pattern is made out of tree branches or there is a butterfly floating amidst abstract shapes making up hair it distracts my attention from the effect created by the repetition. Then I'm looking at the object used to create the patten not the over all effect.

Love O.P.M, the more steam punky/art nouveau is delicious!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My apologies if you've said this at some point but I was wondering- are you going to different galleries? Coming to the New York or Boston area anytime soon?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for all the positive feedback -

Azuma, Hironori i work very spontaneously, switching back between programs allows me to push one until my inspiration calm down than i open another to renew my possibilities. i think in terms of what all the programs are capable of creating together.

Leidenschaft as far as color flow it all comes from trial and error and experimenting with the relationship the colors have as a whole.

R a n d i s- thanks randis, your ambition and drive inspire me allot as well.

Farvus thanks farvus, the process is my favorite part, its great having an artform that allows you to share the journey with others. I also learn so much more by reviewing my work flow in high speed, kind of like how athletes watch videos of their performance to gain new insights

Hive_minD i often start at my screen resolution, when working at home i can use a 1600x2500 then i build up and re size from there.

i dont get too much brush lag, when i work on very hi rez images over 10000 pixels tall i sometimes cut the images into parts and photostich it back together.

i am working on a few tutorial videos for corel at the moment, if you have a list of topics you would like me to cover please let me know, there are so many things that i could focus on .

Feral Friend thanks Feral, each shape can hold an emotional charge for the viewer and its always a challenge to find the balance between the charge they carry and the repetition. i appreciate you bringing this to my attention , ill put some more though into it in the future .

Dave_Lynch Hi Dave, my next group show will be at the temple of visions in LA Jan 9th, then a solo in Venice California late February, there has been allot of interest in New York and i have one of my art dealers working hard on the job of getting a show and a phadroid performance in new your in 2010. Feel free to march into the Joshua liner gallery and voice your interest http://joshualinergallery.com/

thanks for all the support guys, lets make 2010 the most creative year ever.

--

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fabergé eggs? I was given a book by an organic thinking type homeless man a couple weeks ago on those eggs...this new piece...Jesus...intense...with this composition and the egg those gifts came to mind...Im an egg-head...so maybe thats how I ended up with this book...
    I have a question, about transparent prints...does the file have to have certain properties to print (on glass I would presume)?
    love your creations!!
    jerome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's too much!!!! my eyes burn from so much awesomeness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    thanks for all the positive feedback -

Hive_minD i often start at my screen resolution, when working at home i can use a 1600x2500 then i build up and re size from there.

i dont get too much brush lag, when i work on very hi rez images over 10000 pixels tall i sometimes cut the images into parts and photostich it back together.

i am working on a few tutorial videos for corel at the moment, if you have a list of topics you would like me to cover please let me know, there are so many things that i could focus on .

thanks for all the support guys, lets make 2010 the most creative year ever.

--
    Well tutorials on your process is awesome no matter what. But I would love to hear more about:

-how you organize your patterns and papers and brushes and the like, at the same time as you keep Painter running as smoothly as possible.

-what color-profile you work in. -also when then throwing it back and forth in different software such as Photoshop. (I really struggle with this still... )

-in-depth about the Divine Proportion

-was also wondering how you get that "wavy" texture so fine all over the entire canvas. Is that in Painter, or is it Photoshop? Have seen it on several of your paintings. Would like to try it out myself

otherwise I am totally digging your Jesus artwork. It is stunning. I must say I have kinda lost my way a little when it comes to religion, but I do believe there is something out there that is unexplainable. Heck, my cousin was just in a car accident, and it is still far from certain that he will survive, but it is a miracle that he still IS alive. These are not my words. The surgeon came out of the operating-room crying (thats right... crying.) and said that "they have done everything they can, it is up to God now. But it is a miracle that he is still alive. Just unexplainable."
    This piece of art gave me a certain peace. That things work out for a reason, even though we don´t always like it, accept it, understand it, or respect it.

Embrace life and love! Best wishes to all!
    Chris

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Andrew. Really appreciate being able to see the large images. Everything is mind-blowing. I'm hoping that Bluetech's new album will be as moving as your cover for it. I'm watching your work move more and more toward the spiritual. Very exciting. Very inspirational.

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you to share your psd file and working progress movie
    Happy new year

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are one of my favourite Rockstars! your work inspire me every time I see it and I return to my work with renewed enthusiasm!
    I bought the number of ImagineFX with your amazing cover...thanx for it..is a poster in my room now!
    you are a legend for me!

Dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the print on the glass is done using the Diasec process?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andrew that jesus is fucking insane! Youre getting onto a level of microscopic detail there... love the close up.crazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andrew Jones work is so inately beautiful to me. Does Andrew sell these pieces as originals in galleries? I'm curious what an origional costs? And also-a question for Android-or others: Due to the digital nature of this art, because it can be replicated (mulitple prints made from the "original file") it is defficult, or impossalbe to say "this" piece was the original that I created , in terms of a traditional oil etc. So, does this affect the collectors view of how valuable, or rare the piecs are? Does it deminish value? It seems we're entering an age where this may be more accepted-or conversly does digital art drive the prices of traditional original art up?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually want to start with a complaint to you Andrew. You post your images so big my browser is lagging bigtime and it's really frustrating to have to scroll so much to really get the full view.

And these paintings really deserve being watched in their full. You have an amazing stile and eye for good pictures. I truly love you work man. Thanks for posting it (even if their irratating big)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozeren View Post
    I actually want to start with a complaint to you Andrew. You post your images so big my browser is lagging bigtime and it's really frustrating to have to scroll so much to really get the full view.

And these paintings really deserve being watched in their full. You have an amazing stile and eye for good pictures. I truly love you work man. Thanks for posting it (even if their irratating big)
    works fine on my iMac and on my windows PC.. But if you really want to " watch them in their full" then save them on computer and open them in your photo viewer...? -just a suggestion

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    right, i will now show what went trough my head...

"opens thread* wait..what? cool jesus, nice...WOW wtf! whuuut wow *scrolls down* woah omg this is... what the hell JEEZ WOA omfg WTF!!!??? oh god..more? omg MORE!!! no way..this is..is this...no..this cant be..WHAT THE HELL no no no no NOOOO wait a min.. did he.. ..omg WOOOOOW dam this is wtf OH MY GOD did you see that? i mean no not that, i mean yeah that also but that, wait what, did i see? OMG wtf is that geez WOOOOH OH OH GOD IMPOSSIBLE AAAAARGH *drops dead* "

nice stuff lol and happy 2010

One's humble Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... loving the Jesus piece! I have just one crit for it, the galaxy in the upper left corner is really bothering me. It seems tacked on and is also a bit distracting... seems very out of place in an otherwise stable composition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very shocking! A very beautiful picture.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very shocking! A very beautiful picture.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7