Thanks

Smile Im glad CA broke my ego

For awhile i had this ego that i was a fantastic artist and i could blow anyone away with my art. If not for CA this could have been permanent. The critics, the suggestions, and basically all the help i have received from here has really helped me out. Now i have a significant desire to reach new levels and improve. I just wanted to give a quick thanks to the CA gods for making this site.

Oh, on a quick note I'm so happy that i have a safe haven from crappy anime and manga!
    Last edited by Tortuga; February 18th, 2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: more stuff to add.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you want to break your ego some more, just go to cgsociety.com, which is a site dedicated for pros to show off.

Edit: I mean cgsociety.org, make that mistake tons of times
    Last edited by Aaron Death; February 21st, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Sweet weve broken another one down..
    i think we had a thread about this earlier ...idk maybe it was discussed in the worst of CA thread.
    but yah CA will do that to you same happend here
    thank you ca gods
    -Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    For awhile i had this ego that i was a fantastic artist and i could blow anyone away with my art. If not for CA this could have been permanent. The critics, the suggestions, and basically all the help i have received from here has really helped me out. Now i have a significant desire to reach new levels and improve. I just wanted to give a quick thanks to the CA gods for making this site.

Oh, on a quick note I'm so happy that i have a safe haven from crappy anime and manga!
    I guess that ego is'nt totally broken..
    You coud do without that last comment. Everyone has to learn, everyone goes through phases.
    Just cause some people like manga does'nt mean they're any less serious about art than you.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Interceptor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    If you want to break your ego some more, just go to cgsociety.com, which is a site dedicated for pros to show off.
    You are partly right, but I still think this place is much better for the 2D artist. CGTalk is mainly all 3D artists, with exceptions. This place is definitely the place to be to improve, and be ego-killed, as a 2D artist.

Thanks
    I think ego deflating is better than ego breaking. If you are going to do art as a career, you better have a modest but strong ego because no matter how good you are, there will always be people who will give you crap and it takes tough skin to keep at it. Not all clients are good (or even passable) diplomats.

Thanks
    Right on mate!!! Cu on Vent

Thanks
    Good for you, I feel the same way.

I notice flaws my in work and other poeple notice more flaws, what I'm wanting to create never ever match my expectations, yet at the same time it's the best thing I ever produced. When I start a new piece I always want it to be better than the last stuff I've done before, better than my current level, always constantly aiming for the highest level, which gives me the energy to drive myself.
    I find it that living in a fantasy world where you think and predend you're a proffesional doing a proffesional job that demands proffesional results is a good motivator for me. It pushes into thinking I can reach that proffesional I always dream about, obviously I'm far from it, but I believe if I keep the spirit of proffesionalism and keep that state of mind then I can keep climbing up the ladder believing in myself.

Theres been times where art was my only reason for my existance, and if I suck at that, then I'm fucked, I'm a nobody. I get the feeling like I devote my life to art, if there is no art, there is nothing. Everything is meaningless.
    Sometimes I have thoughts that I'll end up being a machine that produces art, and just that. A machine.

CA is a good place if want to be taken seriously, and you're serious about youre art, dead fucking serious.
    >>> GALLERY <<<
    <<<SKETCHBOOK >>>

Thanks
    It seems a lot of artists reach that point of realizing they aren't as good as they thought they were, and then give up. Others never even make the realization and keep thinking they are amazing, and never progress. I think it takes a careful blend of humility and a strong enough personality to hear criticism without letting it discourage you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Wilson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yes, conceptart.org is a marvelous humbling tool!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    Got my ego smacked back in my first year in college.

When you have people gasin' your head in HS, it's easy to think you're the shit.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Breaking your ego is an admirable lifetime struggle, an internet forum won't do that for you.

Peace

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    For awhile i had this ego that i was a fantastic artist and i could blow anyone away with my art...The critics, the suggestions, and basically all the help i have received from here has really helped me out.
    Humility can be a tremendous learning tool. It's very underrated, especiallyi n our society. If you keep up the good intentions you've exhibited in your post, you're on the right track. Good on you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Death View Post
    I think you mean cgsociety.org. The .com variety is just ad links.
    As the ego shrinks, so the spirit expands.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Grin Without a Cat For This Useful Post: