Art: Nova Colony episode 1 is up!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nova Colony episode 1 is up!

Ive been working for a while on a series that is neither comic book nor animation. I think of it as a "Motion Graphic Series". The first episode is almost 4 minutes and its up on www.novacolony.com
    But I put an embed link here:

-Trent

Last edited by creedguytrent; April 24th, 2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: updated to HD version
    :fish:
    http://www.trentkaniuga.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHAHAHA!! That was great! One of the lines wasn't said though. Forgot where, but it isn't too big of a deal. I loved it ^-^ Keep up the good work =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ColorExcursion,
    Just posted:
    episode 2

:fish:
    http://www.trentkaniuga.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well you definitely know how to use after effects, major props. That program gives me nightmares.
    Storytelling-wise I can barely get passed the first episode. Instead of instantly getting connected and involved in the story I'm listening to this dude talk about imploding space stations and 500 people doing this or that, I can't even remember the details because it was so much info to take in within a few minutes.
    In the second episode I was really jarred by the lack of continuity in the main character's design. From one angle it looked like he had a childish face with a rather small nose and soft features. Then BAM a close up of some bro with the same haircut but with one huge shnoz and super sharp angles (@ 1:15). It took me a second to realize that it was the same character. Though that seemed to be the only instance. The other shots looked fine to me.

I like the way you stylized the backgrounds with textures and thick outlines. I noticed that very few people on this website are brave enough to stylize things xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a deffinite "cool" feel to the visuals of these but the charcters don't seem very likable. I guess it's not really fair to make that judgement having seen so little of them but so far they've seemed quite annoying more than anything. Personally, I think the idea of having your main character roll out a series of gags one after the other in quick succession it's a recipe for disaster.

From the first episode, the introduction of Nova gave me the impression of a character some where between Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Beebop and Cloud Strife from FF7. Sadly episode two seemed to show him to be more of a babbling idiot, too fond of his own voice.

Sorry if I'm souding over critical, I think maybe I'm frustrated by the fact that the aesthetic of this is right up my street but the humor and script is pretty much the opposite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.