Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: AimBiZ's Sketchbook

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

AimBiZ's Sketchbook

Been looking through many awesome sketchbooks lately and figured I might as well start my own and see where it goes.

Need to practice on basically everything, but right now I only got some paintings to show.
    Will have to do some studies on... well, everything later on. I might also put up some 3D stuff as well.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AimBiZ; October 30th, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Random portrait speedie this evening. An idea came to my head during the process but didn't manage to put it down in time.
    Name:  trollwoman.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  202.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Todays speedie. Still struggling with noses.

Name:  shefromthenorth.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  217.2 KB

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow teh last one really gives me great vibes. She kind of reminds me of Warcraft but in the most positive way possible. Or of one of those portraits you pick in Fantasy RPG. I always loved those and imagined stories and my characters to them. Finish that one up. It'll be awsome with the different light sources.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Wow teh last one really gives me great vibes. She kind of reminds me of Warcraft but in the most positive way possible. Or of one of those portraits you pick in Fantasy RPG. I always loved those and imagined stories and my characters to them. Finish that one up. It'll be awsome with the different light sources.
    Thanks alot for the kind words. I really like your sketchbook, specially the color studies. Colors are probably the part that interest me the most right now, that combined with materials.

I think I'll go a bit Andrew Jones style on this pic, but not too much. Mainly adding some more excagurated ornaments and I must do something with the background, something the lightsources might come from.
    Also must fix her torso since the neck is too long and some other stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Current progress on this one. Lips are a pain. I also have to do some research on shading hair. Also the neck need some more lovin. A bit unsure where I should place the collarbone precisly.

Name:  shefromthenorth-1.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  274.7 KB

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice progress. The light on the boobs is very nice, but I think the far boob needs to be a little smaller due to perspective.
    I also kind of liked the fire eyes that were a light source themselves, but I guess these are better. I'd suggest researching lips and the nose, I think it might be a little too much profile for her 3/4 face.
    And for the image in total I might suggest to make it into one of those medieval portraits, where a rich bitch is sitting in front of a window in a stiff position and you can see landscapes in the background. That would be neat and a little more explanatory. You also might just make a candle the warm lightsouce, but please leave the star to be the other source, its pretty original!
    I'll be back as soon as you update.

CHeers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice progress. The light on the boobs is very nice, but I think the far boob needs to be a little smaller due to perspective.
    I also kind of liked the fire eyes that were a light source themselves, but I guess these are better. I'd suggest researching lips and the nose, I think it might be a little too much profile for her 3/4 face.
    And for the image in total I might suggest to make it into one of those medieval portraits, where a rich bitch is sitting in front of a window in a stiff position and you can see landscapes in the background. That would be neat and a little more explanatory. You also might just make a candle the warm lightsouce, but please leave the star to be the other source, its pretty original!
    I'll be back as soon as you update.

CHeers
    Thanks alot for the feedback. The portrait idea sounds interesting. I think I'll give that a shot. A window behind her would also make it easier to make her stand out in the picture.
    Yes, will definately do more research. Thanks for the tip about the profile. I'm always unsure how much of it that should be revealed in that angle.

Bagg is offline Wacom overlord told me to draw it! Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    In a box ruled by the evil wacom overlord
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man this is some great work, i really love your use of colors especially in the first three pictures and the picture in the 3rd post. I really wish i had the ability to use colors so well, just wandering do you have any tips ?

cheers mate

-BAGG

SKETCHBOOK

----DESKTOPS THREAD----
    : Share your desktops and wallpapers :

"THE HOLES ARE FOR MY EYES"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg View Post
    hey man this is some great work, i really love your use of colors especially in the first three pictures and the picture in the 3rd post. I really wish i had the ability to use colors so well, just wandering do you have any tips ?

cheers mate

-BAGG
    Thanks, though I'm definately no expert myself, but I can tell you what usually do. Go crazy and experiment with mixing alot of colors. Ralistic skin needs alot of colors. Haven't got a good hold of that yet though.
    Looking at photographs is also good if you want to get some inspiration for lighting and such.
    Overlay layers are good for achieving certain values of color as well. I use that now and then and merge them with the mayer I'm painting on and continue from there. It's also very handy for creating glow effects.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Redefining most of the pic. Appreciate any ideas about the background. I was thinking of some kind of library but maybe I should go for something more dark and/or mysterious.

Name:  shefromthenorth-2.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  245.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some ideas you might think about or ditch straight away!
    Okay, the image is chnaging a lot, which is good on the one hand but some elements form teh odler ones were better in my opinion. The gap between the boobs is too big atm and they could be a bit lower. I also loved the fire eyes. Her jaw should extend more in direction of her ear. I'd make the format long and not wide. Enlarge the window and make an interesting but not distracting landscape. Keep the room simple, maybe a curtain to add interest. The original circlet fits more. Herr new lips are tons better. Nose is better, too. I kinda liked the orginal blue shading on her right facehalf.

Just some thoughts!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just some ideas you might think about or ditch straight away!
    Okay, the image is chnaging a lot, which is good on the one hand but some elements form teh odler ones were better in my opinion. The gap between the boobs is too big atm and they could be a bit lower. I also loved the fire eyes. Her jaw should extend more in direction of her ear. I'd make the format long and not wide. Enlarge the window and make an interesting but not distracting landscape. Keep the room simple, maybe a curtain to add interest. The original circlet fits more. Herr new lips are tons better. Nose is better, too. I kinda liked the orginal blue shading on her right facehalf.

Just some thoughts!
    Yeah, it's getting a bit boring I guess though I wanted to make it more realistic just for the sake of practice. I was also thinking of revealing her shoulders more since right now their absence make the neck seem too long..
    The boobs I will fix of course. Might go with your suggestion on the background. Acurtain could be very nice. I might perhaps add a subtle flame to her eyes or something as well, to keep the old but still more realistic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Done some more this evening. Should do some sketches tomorrow to make some variety. =P

Name:  shefromthenorth-3.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  195.0 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there AimBiZ, cool stuff so far,

Just keep at those digis, sometimes they can be real frustrating, but everyone you do helps!

And maybe try doing a still life or something too, they really help with light and value.

keep it up,
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again,
    Nice to see the painting develop. Its getting better and better. I like the shoulders a lot and shes looking really sexy. I am still missing the dual lighting of the first stage painting, but thats just my taste.
    Generally I would try to sharpen your lines, but maybe you were going to do that anyway...
    And try to study hair texture better. A real life or foto szudy would be good. A tip I could give is that sou should start blocking in the general areas that are lighted or in shadw and then render those nicels without doing the spaghetti hair and adding some very thin strands of hair to the finished product in places where its extremly lighted or shadowed.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Janos: Thanks for the tip about the hair. By "lines" I guess you mean the tight and shadowy areas? Anyway, yeah it will get sharper. Still most of it except her face is pretty much blocked out. There will be more details, definitions and so on.

But now to something totally different. Started an enviroment/color study this evening. Would be very nice if anyone have any tips for rendering these types of images. I'm keeping it simple without any overlays or anything to obtain colors. Also no eyedropper used.

The Ref...
    http://blurededge.deviantart.com/art...-Sky-114060937

Progress so far...
    Name:  Envirostudy.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  147.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another study this evening. This is pretty new to me. Have mostly just drawn characters. I feel I'm making some interesting observations here though.

Name:  Envirostudy2.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  198.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really liking the last environments awesome stuff, as for the digi's all i can say is keep going because its improving

- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150776

LOOKING FOR MENTOR

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
    - William James

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the kind words monkeyman.

Did a speedie this evening. Just something random.
    Name:  robotdoodle_bare.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  71.3 KBName:  robotdoodle.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  119.6 KB

Also got started on this pic a couple of days ago. Unsure if I'll work further on it though. Not that pleased with it right now.
    Name:  MountainBabe.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  120.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey you have some nice stuff here and some promising digital painting skills. I know you havent got much up but something i noticed right away was that the eyes and noses in the first few ladies are VERY similar. I'd try for some variation. C'mon chicks with broken noses and sad eyes!
    Haha, seriously though, post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a speedie...

Name:  randommarine.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  134.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to vary your 2/3 view for your portraits to create more interest. I was about to say something about the deathly pale flesh tones but I see you are experimenting. I like your sunsets.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd try lightening the back leg a little to add depth and maybe add another colour to break the brown tones. I'd also love to see one of your pics in a very poished state, rendered and detailed. Any chance?

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pigeonkill: I guess you mean I always put them on the right side? Yeah, that's true. I will try to come up with something more interesting. Thanks for the input.

Janos: Nice suggestion. I'll have to apply that next time I do something similair. Afraid I don't want to continue on that pic.
    Unsure when that day will come. Right now I want to get comfortable with the basics and get a good workflow coming up with designs and all that. I might get back to the medieval lady though. While practicing on other stuff I think I can improve it alot more later than I can now. It will also give me time to spot errors.

Made a new speedie this evening. I've started to work more with sihlouette, stating it first then trying to work something out of it.
    Forgive me Pigeonkill for the same composition. I didn't read the replys until posting this.
    Hope you guys will find it interesting anyway...

Name:  RedmanSketch_Bare.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  118.2 KBName:  RedmanSketch.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  152.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Playing around with gradients. Sorry for being slow on making new things. Inspiration coming and going combined with tiredness.

Name:  grads.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  58.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moar gradients. Trying to get better grip of colors.

Name:  grads2.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  45.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some thumbs. Trying to get my values better.
    Also working with no transparency on the brush which I normally never do.

Name:  shitthumbs.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  95.2 KB
    Name:  shitthumbs2.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  117.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow Aimbiz
    Really like these thumbnails. I think the thumbs are actually really nice. I like the first and fouth thumb of the first batch the most. Number 6 is also very nice. I like the tossled hair and pose. Really nice futuristic stuff how long did it take to make one of these?

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow Aimbiz
    Really like these thumbnails. I think the thumbs are actually really nice. I like the first and fouth thumb of the first batch the most. Number 6 is also very nice. I like the tossled hair and pose. Really nice futuristic stuff how long did it take to make one of these?

Cheers
    Thanks, glad you like them!

Don't know exactly how long it took but I think it was 1 hours for the first batch and about 2 hours on the second batch, which I think is too long, but it was a bit hard to come up with stuff and I went back and fourth on some of them as well to touch them up a bit and make things clearer.
    And as I said, no trancparency basic brush is hard to work with I think, but I was adviced to try it out, and I must admit it is good sometimes for getting a bit more texture on the picture, so I guess they're good for fleshing things out and then move on to trancparency for easier value adjustment.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2