Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 303

Thread: AimBiZ's Sketchbook

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts

    AimBiZ's Sketchbook

    Been looking through many awesome sketchbooks lately and figured I might as well start my own and see where it goes.

    Need to practice on basically everything, but right now I only got some paintings to show.
    Will have to do some studies on... well, everything later on. I might also put up some 3D stuff as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AimBiZ; October 31st, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Random portrait speedie this evening. An idea came to my head during the process but didn't manage to put it down in time.
    Attachment 595168
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Todays speedie. Still struggling with noses.

    Attachment 596099
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #4
    Janos's Avatar
    Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tübingen, Germany
    Posts
    1,698
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 570 Times in 492 Posts
    Wow teh last one really gives me great vibes. She kind of reminds me of Warcraft but in the most positive way possible. Or of one of those portraits you pick in Fantasy RPG. I always loved those and imagined stories and my characters to them. Finish that one up. It'll be awsome with the different light sources.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Wow teh last one really gives me great vibes. She kind of reminds me of Warcraft but in the most positive way possible. Or of one of those portraits you pick in Fantasy RPG. I always loved those and imagined stories and my characters to them. Finish that one up. It'll be awsome with the different light sources.
    Thanks alot for the kind words. I really like your sketchbook, specially the color studies. Colors are probably the part that interest me the most right now, that combined with materials.

    I think I'll go a bit Andrew Jones style on this pic, but not too much. Mainly adding some more excagurated ornaments and I must do something with the background, something the lightsources might come from.
    Also must fix her torso since the neck is too long and some other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Current progress on this one. Lips are a pain. I also have to do some research on shading hair. Also the neck need some more lovin. A bit unsure where I should place the collarbone precisly.

    Attachment 598888
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #7
    Janos's Avatar
    Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tübingen, Germany
    Posts
    1,698
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 570 Times in 492 Posts
    Wow, nice progress. The light on the boobs is very nice, but I think the far boob needs to be a little smaller due to perspective.
    I also kind of liked the fire eyes that were a light source themselves, but I guess these are better. I'd suggest researching lips and the nose, I think it might be a little too much profile for her 3/4 face.
    And for the image in total I might suggest to make it into one of those medieval portraits, where a rich bitch is sitting in front of a window in a stiff position and you can see landscapes in the background. That would be neat and a little more explanatory. You also might just make a candle the warm lightsouce, but please leave the star to be the other source, its pretty original!
    I'll be back as soon as you update.

    CHeers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Wow, nice progress. The light on the boobs is very nice, but I think the far boob needs to be a little smaller due to perspective.
    I also kind of liked the fire eyes that were a light source themselves, but I guess these are better. I'd suggest researching lips and the nose, I think it might be a little too much profile for her 3/4 face.
    And for the image in total I might suggest to make it into one of those medieval portraits, where a rich bitch is sitting in front of a window in a stiff position and you can see landscapes in the background. That would be neat and a little more explanatory. You also might just make a candle the warm lightsouce, but please leave the star to be the other source, its pretty original!
    I'll be back as soon as you update.

    CHeers
    Thanks alot for the feedback. The portrait idea sounds interesting. I think I'll give that a shot. A window behind her would also make it easier to make her stand out in the picture.
    Yes, will definately do more research. Thanks for the tip about the profile. I'm always unsure how much of it that should be revealed in that angle.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In a box ruled by the evil wacom overlord
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 89 Times in 78 Posts
    hey man this is some great work, i really love your use of colors especially in the first three pictures and the picture in the 3rd post. I really wish i had the ability to use colors so well, just wandering do you have any tips ?

    cheers mate

    -BAGG
    SKETCHBOOK

    ----DESKTOPS THREAD----
    : Share your desktops and wallpapers :

    "THE HOLES ARE FOR MY EYES"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg View Post
    hey man this is some great work, i really love your use of colors especially in the first three pictures and the picture in the 3rd post. I really wish i had the ability to use colors so well, just wandering do you have any tips ?

    cheers mate

    -BAGG
    Thanks, though I'm definately no expert myself, but I can tell you what usually do. Go crazy and experiment with mixing alot of colors. Ralistic skin needs alot of colors. Haven't got a good hold of that yet though.
    Looking at photographs is also good if you want to get some inspiration for lighting and such.
    Overlay layers are good for achieving certain values of color as well. I use that now and then and merge them with the mayer I'm painting on and continue from there. It's also very handy for creating glow effects.

    Hope it helps and good luck.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Redefining most of the pic. Appreciate any ideas about the background. I was thinking of some kind of library but maybe I should go for something more dark and/or mysterious.

    Attachment 600571
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #12
    Janos's Avatar
    Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tübingen, Germany
    Posts
    1,698
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 570 Times in 492 Posts
    Just some ideas you might think about or ditch straight away!
    Okay, the image is chnaging a lot, which is good on the one hand but some elements form teh odler ones were better in my opinion. The gap between the boobs is too big atm and they could be a bit lower. I also loved the fire eyes. Her jaw should extend more in direction of her ear. I'd make the format long and not wide. Enlarge the window and make an interesting but not distracting landscape. Keep the room simple, maybe a curtain to add interest. The original circlet fits more. Herr new lips are tons better. Nose is better, too. I kinda liked the orginal blue shading on her right facehalf.

    Just some thoughts!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 148 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Just some ideas you might think about or ditch straight away!
    Okay, the image is chnaging a lot, which is good on the one hand but some elements form teh odler ones were better in my opinion. The gap between the boobs is too big atm and they could be a bit lower. I also loved the fire eyes. Her jaw should extend more in direction of her ear. I'd make the format long and not wide. Enlarge the window and make an interesting but not distracting landscape. Keep the room simple, maybe a curtain to add interest. The original circlet fits more. Herr new lips are tons better. Nose is better, too. I kinda liked the orginal blue shading on her right facehalf.

    Just some thoughts!
    Yeah, it's getting a bit boring I guess though I wanted to make it more realistic just for the sake of practice. I was also thinking of revealing her shoulders more since right now their absence make the neck seem too long..
    The boobs I will fix of course. Might go with your suggestion on the background. Acurtain could be very nice. I might perhaps add a subtle flame to her eyes or something as well, to keep the old but still more realistic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SketchBook: Sketchbook, Sketchbook, Rolly Polly Sketchbook...
    By Teechan in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 05:41 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
  3. SketchBook: *MOD's please move to sketchbook section* Ulvdemon Sketchbook 030805
    By ulvdemon in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
  5. SketchBook: Unknown Epiphany's Sketchbook/brand new sketchbook(Updated February 27th)
    By unknown_epiphany in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook