Thread: Need some help

Thanks

Need some help

Udon is having another contest with a DarkStalkers tribute book, like they did last year with Streetfighter. Any suggetstions would help.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    you got the right idea i think her facial features are a bit big if your using photo shop i would lasso the face and hit ctrl c ctrl v and ctrl t this makes a copy in a new layer and allows you to transform it ,if you hold shift while useing the corner of the transform selection it will shrink it to scale(or make it bigger) hope i made sense and hope it helps keep rock'n

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree with Grandmassa, the facial features feel a little big.

I would also suggest maybe playing with darker shadows, don't be afraid of dark shadows! I'm pretty sure she would have more of a shadow over her face cast by that big ol hat! Even try different colors to and shade. Making the shadows just a darker value, still leaves it feeling kind of flat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultraviolet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmassa Mr. Spect View Post
    you got the right idea i think her facial features are a bit big if your using photo shop i would lasso the face and hit ctrl c ctrl v and ctrl t this makes a copy in a new layer and allows you to transform it ,if you hold shift while useing the corner of the transform selection it will shrink it to scale(or make it bigger) hope i made sense and hope it helps keep rock'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    I agree with Grandmassa, the facial features feel a little big.

I would also suggest maybe playing with darker shadows, don't be afraid of dark shadows! I'm pretty sure she would have more of a shadow over her face cast by that big ol hat! Even try different colors to and shade. Making the shadows just a darker value, still leaves it feeling kind of flat.
    How does the face look now. will have the shadows and colors tweaked in my next entry soon stressing over the face right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    i think your getting there this is just to show my idea i can't quite remeber what she looks like but hope this helps im not sure where your lighting is coming form so i didnt try to shade it but Ultraviolet has the right idea o yeah and id wide'n her stomach a bit

Thanks
    this might sound odd, but u should practice making girls hot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by riceface View Post
    this might sound odd, but u should practice making girls hot
    I'll get right on it.

Thanks
    Gonna tweak the face more.

Thanks
    Hello Pipkin,

I really hope you won't be angry with me but to be very honest with you, I think you should start over. When I tried to critique your piece and did a paint over, I realized there were so many anatomy problems with the piece it wouldn't work. The whole picture would need to be redone.

I only suggest a start over because you're in a contest where many other people are going to put in their work. If you have a bad start, like you do in this work. You won't have a good finish. You were already adding blacks to the picture and it wasn't working out.

The other problem is, you squished her in the canvas instead of planning the space out. If you're coloring her digitally, there is no excuse not to expand the canvas.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to submit to Udon's contest either. I think you should rework your ideas again so you don't have so much of a headache when the deadline is getting close and you have too many errors in your work to fix.

Attached is reference for Hsien-Ko, so that you can see how her hat works, and notice her sleeves? They're very long so she can hide her weapons in them. She also has part of the red part of her outfit over her shoulders, something you left out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to QT Melon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Hello Pipkin,

I really hope you won't be angry with me but to be very honest with you, I think you should start over. When I tried to critique your piece and did a paint over, I realized there were so many anatomy problems with the piece it wouldn't work. The whole picture would need to be redone.

I only suggest a start over because you're in a contest where many other people are going to put in their work. If you have a bad start, like you do in this work. You won't have a good finish. You were already adding blacks to the picture and it wasn't working out.

The other problem is, you squished her in the canvas instead of planning the space out. If you're coloring her digitally, there is no excuse not to expand the canvas.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to submit to Udon's contest either. I think you should rework your ideas again so you don't have so much of a headache when the deadline is getting close and you have too many errors in your work to fix.

Attached is reference for Hsien-Ko, so that you can see how her hat works, and notice her sleeves? They're very long so she can hide her weapons in them. She also has part of the red part of her outfit over her shoulders, something you left out.
    Gonna have to agree, but still work on this to some degree. Post some new sketches later, see what you guys think.

Thanks
    This it for it. Starting over. Post some news later on to see you guys think.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.