Thread: Dawn of War 2

Thanks

Dawn of War 2

http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/home

Tell me someone else is as psyched about this as i am?
    Release next week! Feb 19th

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Anything 40k related has some of the most absurd, over the top action I've ever seen. It's like Rambo 4 with big shoulder plates.

Thanks
    I would be excited about Dawn of War 2 except it seems THQ is being cheap by releasing the new version with 4 races instead of the where they left off with the first series and all the expansion packs. I feel robbed if I support Dawn of War 2 without all the existing races. Also it doesn't look much different from the first dawn of war. I'll keep my money and spend it on Starcraft 2, a real rts.

Thanks
    I'll agree with you that SC2 is going to be a better RTS, but i highly doubt its coming out anytime in the near future. my bet is 2010 at the earliest.

On races, redoing all the models for all 7 of the existing races would be a tall order, i'm ok with 4 and expansions.

What i'm interested in here is the online multiplayer co-op campaign mode. I used to play Starcraft competitively and it felt more like a job than anything else. There's too much drama going around, so being able to slog through the campaign with my buddies while not having to worry about competition drama is something i enjoy.

I will be picking up SC2 as well, just when it comes out. Which, like i stated earlier, is never.

Thanks
    wow, didn't know about the online campaign element, hmmm, might have to give this game another thought. I have to agree with you when it comes down to SC2. I might be waiting awhile. It seems that the new rts's are going the route of co-op campaigns. A great new feature. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    The beta is dissapointing.

Thanks
    I skipped the beta to wait for the release of the game.

Many of the negatives I have heard (I know a guy that has the beta and invited me to try it at his place) are related to resource management and the inability to respawn without running back to base.

As an undefeated DoW 1 PvP player I would love to have a bigger challenge in the game and really, tyranids.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    Bought it earlier today at Wally World for $50 (luckily for the peasants I didn't have a chainsword handy).

The game is absolutely damn beautiful. Worth the money. I am not sure why the races are an issue as DoW 1 brought out more races with expansions and I am not sure what the big deal is.

My only problem; I need to do some art for a magazine and really, tyranids. Masses of them, at my control.
    ----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.