Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

the lexxx aesthetic

hey everyone, i've been a lurker for seriously years and I've really been inspired here more than a few times. i hope to create a productive sketchbook, and internalize any crit you guys provide.

let's see, a little about me...i'm currently a college student, but after my undergrad i may seek out a more art-centric program/school, although I wouldn't trade my current environment for anything. ultimately I don't know if I want to be an animator, or something on the "finer" side, or something else entirely, but for now i know that i realllly enjoy sketchbooks and their look. also, i firmly believe that leonardo da vinci is the most awesome person to ever live (although tina fey is giving him a run for his money).

thanks for stopping by!

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

these figure sketches are 30-90 second poses on posemaniacs

the lexxx aesthetic

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    question: how do i change the image next to my forum title? i've added an avatar and a profile image so i thought that would do it...

Thanks
    question remains.

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

Thanks
    Hey Thanks for commenting in my SB. Some good stuff here. Maybe do some work with your line weight and push you darks a bit more. Keep up with the figure studies. Oh and the image in the first post is automatically used as the avatar. So just change the image in the first post and the avatar should also change.

Thanks
    Hey Lexxx, looks like you're off to a great start with your sketchbook! Thank you so very much for stopping by mine - I posted a new piece just after your post. haha.

What is it that you're currently going to school for, specifically?

I'm so glad you made the Da Vinci-Tina Fay comparison; it would be terribly difficult to decide which to have dinner with, if given the chance

Looks like you're starting to really want to get into figures. Something I have found that helps me no matter what I draw, but especially with figures, is to start my day off drawing (I call them grapes) circles and ovals. I'll bust out a few hundred of them with both hands.

Once I'm pretty lose and warmed up, I go back and draw in a center line, to bisect the circles. This helps me to get my aim down and often times, i'll do the line with the hand that didn't draw the circle. e.g. drew circle with left hand, draw line with right.

Once i've worked on my aim a bit with those lines, i'll often toss up some perspective grids and draw squares in perspective. I won't do hundreds of these, but dozens, surely. When I'm pretty happy with the squares, I will toss circles in perspective inside of those squares, then bisect those.

Another thing I really enjoy doing from time to time is to pick a body part (if doing the figure) or some other subject matter (e.g. types of leaves, cars, weapons, whatever) and I'll spend every spare minute of the day designing and/or observing and drawing/painting/sculpting that particular item. I have to admit that I haven't spent nearly as much time doing this part recently as I'd like, but that's how I prefer to observe.

Best of luck with your future, sir!

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    I like your portrait teh best. The planes you create are nice and seem about right. The nose could use more depth though!

Thanks
    Great start! As you've seen, I'm not exactly the best person to be dishing out advice about gestures, but I think you might benefit from simplifying them. Working with shorter time frames could help...I've been trying ten poses at 10 seconds, then ten at 15, 30, 45, and 60, then working my way back down again. I imagine that I only have 10 seconds each time, though, so that I get the basic idea down asap and then can move on to refinement with the time that's left. Really looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks
    woops this is my real sketchbook...sorry about that other imposter!

anyway, again this is about 45 minutes reffed...and then some funky cross-hatching experiment.

the lexxx aesthetic

Thanks
    looks nice man sorry for my englich !hehe but it looks nice kipp praktisin!an tix for th komit in my sketchbook

goo draw =)
    and im uppdeiting mor too dey i think so kom bay =)

my skechbook:http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=149972

Thanks
    here's a few more figures

the lexxx aesthetic

and some eraser man who probably hates his life. i need to work on my imaginative stuff

the lexxx aesthetic

and hands!

the lexxx aesthetic

Thanks
    That poor eraser guy. He gets his head erased everyday
    By the way, thanks for stopping by my meager sketchbook--it really needs more updates...
    Those hand studies in the last post are great! Let's see more of those.

Value wise, it's not that you're not getting dark darks because there are some places in your sketches that are pretty dark, but the different values aren't really transitioning into each other very well. Try to blend those values more. Also watch the eyes on your faces. They don't seem to be aligned.

Thanks
    helllooooo here for another update. thank you kim_bot! I think that's really good advice.

here are a few from life...

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

this last one's a self-portrait:

the lexxx aesthetic

Thanks
    hii again! here are a few more!

marker...

the lexxx aesthetic

white on black for these two

the lexxx aesthetic

the lexxx aesthetic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.