Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My brotha from anotha motha! whazaaaa?
    Ok OK I'll start with the life studies, the egss they are pretty good, though some more dark shading on them would do the trick to emphasize, that art course your doing, they are teaching you to draw with lines? lines do not exist, they are created by contour of two different values/shades/colors basically you are supposed to use lines only for the sketch.
    I had the best art teacher back where I came from before I moved to the US he thought me to draw with the Russian Academic way when you hold your pencil in the weirdest way not like you hold a pen but more like a brush when you are applying texture at first it was weird but after I understood it the results were amazing, are they teaching you this?

Now the Alien chick, hmm as cristina mantioned the anatomy is not quite there, the breasts are too low (is she that old?) and the hips are too fat, the ski mask doesn't add much to the whole thing as well, did you ever go through DanielC sketchbook? http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=123713 wicked stuff I dropped my jaw somewhere and couldn't find it after I reach to the middle of his SB, long story short he threw some tips and one of them is to think about the design, first choose a theme,with this one you are going for a head hunter, so is she supposed to be stealth is she hunting at night and thats why the ski mask? or is she just likes to do some snowboarding between slayings? her pose...is she modeling in between as well? either way you should put more thought in your designs and try to think about these little details that way your characters will have meaning and the things you add to them will make sense to the viewer, even though many time the viewer will not be aware of these things but it still will make visual sense to them, I think that's the difference between a good design from a brain fart.

Now regarding the time restriction I would not put any boundaries on yourself at this point of your progress, I came to realize myself that I need first to examine my work and give it a 110% and know exactly what I'm doing before I can tell myself OK you have hour and half for this so I gotta lose this and compensate there, and right now I cannot do it yet.. you know what I'm saying?
    here's a small illustration of the way I see things. (Just my humble opinion)

The face study from 2 am is good!

P.S. Sorry if this Illustration will scare people away from your sketchbook I take full responsibility for this.
    Last edited by Danny_K; November 28th, 2009 at 04:30 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man, your textures look really great!

But you need to learn to take negative critique the right way. No excuses. Be grateful about it. Anyone can say "looks good, keep going", but only a few will actually give you critique that will help you get better. So you need to treasure that.

Looking forward to seeing more or your stuff,
    The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Danny

Now regardingThose eggs, nope i did em on my own just like almost everything else here, the only thing from the studio you can see in my sketchbook is my 1st still life in vine charcoal. All that i were doing back there for now was drawing on large formats using vine charcoal, plus my first acrylic painting which i totally fcked up so it is gone
    And no my sensei is not teaching me to draw with pencil at all ( well maybe for now, i have no clue) as for drawing he says, use charcoal as this is what they draw with in Academy of Fine arts, where I want to get so badly.

Well now as the shading with eggs, i already did enchance the shadows guys, trust me, they were right under my lamp, so they were being hit with a nice warm light. Now the second thing is that the photo is overbright, it's not like that in real life.

Now for the Alien lady, you are all right about her, her anatomy sucks, but i admit i suck at it yet, it will take years probably before i will be able to draw a proper looking body from head. Yeah she's meant to be rather stealth- ranger type as she's carrying a sniper rifle, regarding the pose i was hoping this will multiply the "sexy" effect abit, overall she didn't turn out so hot, lol.

And yeah i know, i'm not good enough to make everything right in strict time limits, but hey ICEY just wanted to have some fun from this contest :<

Krel I get your point, but trust me i do. You have absolutely no idea how much of a beating i take on my homeland forum, haha.
    Thay are harsh and they don't hide it. I'm not the type that needs to be worshiped, naa, i draw for my own pleasure, if i ever will make some money out of id, then ok but that's not my goal.

Bud, you have a beer, like a dozen, now lets trust the air mail men won't get drunk and get it to ya haha, cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Yep, yep ..taking the critique is the best way to get better..fast!
    i really like those 'looks good' comments, but only if i get those after hard work and 'you're not there yet' comments

Yes, i meant mask haha..

And about your latest post, i know what you mean about going blind! I get that feel a lot when working several hours on a drawing, because i know i concentrate more, i blink less, i take less breaks.
    Anyhow, i really like the contrast and the little red highlight on his face.

More is all i can say
    Sketchbook - I really appreciate comments and critique, please visit!

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ten to two at night, again!? Heh

Tonight I've tried something completely new for me, environment.
    I used to hate them, but they ain't so bad afterall, i guess the fact that
    I never did them made me kinda dislike them.
    Whit Brachna's speedpainting tutorial helped here, enough talk here it is:

Icecold's sketch book, Why so Serious!?
    Last edited by Icecold; November 30th, 2009 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks
    Hey man that's really cool, wonderful color scheme I would give the buildings from the right more variety they look too much the same and the bridge looks a bit awkward but besides that this is a good environment! I'm impressed.
    My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

Thanks
    I used to HATE drawing hands because i could never get them right, nor could i draw them fast, but it was all because i drew few..
    I think this is a really nice result ice! and it definitely has a nice colour scheme
    I like the little details and the texture. I am not so sure about the perspective on the right side, but i am no good with that so i will shut up now.

Could you tell me where did you find that tut?
    I want to paint envo too..but..i don't know where to start!

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Well I've deleted the .psd file so i couldn't fix the stuff with the proper quality, but i tried to fix the composition abit.
    You can see how awfull it looks when the resolution is low ><

Sure Cristin'

http://media.massiveblack.com/downloads.html#whit3

Be fast, as there's a discount going on.
    Last edited by Icecold; November 30th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks
    really kool stuff man. ur improvement is ... wow

Thanks
    Well, hmm..

I think it looked better before you adjusted the composition. Or perhaps you should make the values of that bridge less saturated, less dark?
    Have you even considered taking that bridge down? It is only an idea, so don't get mad on me!

Danny_K Icecold

Thanks
    Well now, that the .psd is gone i' wont work on it no more.
    Well the bridge is the closest point to the viewer, in enviros your darkest darks and brightest lights are on the first plane, so i think it should be like that.

Anyhoot, did another still life: Lé 2 ducks, i tried to lay the focus on the little duck and the head of the larger one.

The photo is overbrightened, i'll take a better one tomorrow mornin'.
    Last edited by Icecold; November 30th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks
    Aww!! This is quite a cute drawing!! I so love the little duck, and you really made me concentrate on it. The way its little feet stay towards one another is just to cute!
    I really like the shading too!

I can't wait to see a better shot of this

Danny_K Icecold

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    "Rubber ducky your the one, you make bath time so much fun.." Sesamie street, it's one of my daughters toys, it's in my head its in my head!! Haha, hey man good job on the ducks I like the contrast between them your pencil definitely getting better, I wait for the better version before I make any suggestions.

Last edited by Danny_K; November 30th, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

Thanks
    Haha, was that muppet called Barnie? i can't remmember.
    Anyhoot, here's the updated version, which still looks worse that the natural drawing,
    i hate how much difficult it is to capture graphite drawing right =/

Last edited by Icecold; December 1st, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks
    I actually liked the other version better because it was brighter, but that doesn't change how cute these fellows are!

Danny_K Icecold

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast