Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

Please support the ConceptArt.Org Downloads so we can keep the site free.

ConceptArt.Org is in the middle of a big bump in costs due to the amount of bandwidth we are transferring...thousands of gigabytes per month right now of data transfer as well as maintenance and tech upgrades.

Please support the downloads. The proceeds to CA go to funding this site and it is the easiest way to help if you feel like this place has done anything for you or your art at all.

media.massiveblack.com has the info.

Super thanks to those who have been getting the downloads. It is what enables us to keep moving forward and keeping up with costs. We do need to raise funds over the year and supporting the site with learning is the best way to help.

Thanks for reading.

Jason

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    Ow. Sure. I was planning to buy some videos but left that for later. I'll buy some soon.

Jumping around houses north east in the uk.
    Thanks
    Will buy more when the time comes, that is, when I return to my parents house to nag for usefull arty goodies.

Thanks
    Hey , this place is great and anyone who's been lurking here for a couple of years should give back to this website, and those videos are super cool so ill try to do my part soon. !

Thanks
    I just checked out some vids I was waiting on. I want CA.org to live on.
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 755 Posts
    Whatever happened to the Dan Dos Santos vid? Wasn't that supposed to have come out a month or so ago? I can't wait for it.

Oh, and thanks for all the effort y'all put into these things. I love buying them and learning from them. Given the price of schooling or private lessons, these downloads are a steal.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Can I just donate through Paypal and take a rain check on some downloads in the future?

Thanks
    i've been spending all my change on videos. Good stuff men.
    Really appreciate all the things you're doing for the art community!

Thanks
    Wait until I start getting paychecks and have a permanent mailing addy to have them sent to.

Thanks
    Wow those videos look great. I didn't even know they existed! I'll definitely buy at least a video or two. I think I'm going to start with the perspective series. Thank you!
    "This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -Douglas Adams

My Sketchbook

My goal: To get good enough to post in the Finally Finished Forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    Wait until I start getting paychecks and have a permanent mailing addy to have them sent to.
    Mailing addy? Downloads, man. lol
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I got both Coro's Guns, two of Whit's first enviros, and I think I have an Andrew Jones or two. I really want the Marko DVD and that Dobsky perspective is looking mighty fine too. I'll probably get those soon.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Just pick a few and buy em. It's the best way to spend fifteen bucks I can think of.

And don't miss the Whit Brachna "Masks Demo" for $5....What a deal!

If you don't do it for CA do it for yourself.

Travis

Thanks
    Definatly worth it im satisfied with every single one i have and cannot wait till i have money for more ........(color theory...cough ......cough........
    although my only grip and a small one it is, is that on markos characters thing i need to set my comp so i can see his starting lines their sooo light
    but thats probably my problem
    -Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    I just payed for the workshop and got those two free downloads and I bought one today also so I am for sure supporting it! They are great by the way!

Thanks
    Must.. buy.. ...must.. support

Thanks
    Maybe you need to close new registrations for a while to mantain bandwith at acceptable lvls. :s
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Miles View Post
    Maybe you need to close new registrations for a while to mantain bandwith at acceptable lvls. :s
    lol

maybe i could go on a huge ban hammer hoe down. Could make a whole day of it. the purge of 2009.

registering has little to do with it...its the traffic and technology that is expensive. maintenance is also of cost. so...thanks to those who are actually supporting the site instead of just using it.

best,

jason

Thanks
    How is CGNetworks funded? Can we copy the same system here?
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

Thanks
    Jason, thanks to you guys for producing these in the first place, they're worth way more than what you guys charge.

Is there a way to have one picture on the server, but have multiple threads reference it, instead of two or more, or however many duplicates attached to different threads (critique center for instance)? Would that save on bandwidth/storage costs? Short of outside hosting and linking, I'm not sure how to post a final in EOW, get feedback in critique center, and sketchbook, without uploading 3 duplicate files. I've bought a lot of the downloads, and I plan to buy more, but I also want to do what I can when utilizing the site on a daily basis.
    Sketchbook Support Group
    Earendil Jussi Tarvainen Reidaj

~Hope~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by Ian Miles View Post
How is CGNetworks funded? Can we copy the same system here?
its called advertisement

Thanks
    Jason, I really would like to buy the video downloads but at the moment I have have to money to buy them with. I wish CA luck at the moment, and I'll help out as soon as possible.
    "Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    I'll definitely get some more vidoes, I've been eyeing some new ones to download lately.

Thanks
    so i can support someone AND learn something at the same time?
    sound like a deal.

+20$ to you CA, and thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    All my spare money is going to Dallas, I'm afraid. :/ I hope that our workshop tickets also spare a little money to maintain the site...?

Thanks
    Im just getting ready to move into a new place and start looking for work in London. So its a bad time for me really, and i dont think i can convince my girlfriend that i should be allowed to buy downloads when most (90%) of our rent is gonna be payed by her (until i get a job). Hopefully i will find work soon though, and when i do, ill be straight onto Whits speed painting and Carls perspective!
    I did buy Whits snowy environment downloads a while back tho, and Marko's character ideation when that first came out. Trying to do my bit, just having to fend off the taxman with one hand, and dish out demoreels with the other at the mo. But i salute you guys for your efforts here and i love this place. Ill do more as soon as i can.

Nick
    2008 - 2009 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

2007 - 2008 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    as long as the prices stay as they are and the content is what i need i will continue buying the downloads

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XanaChama View Post
    Have you considered other alternate forms of income, like a premium online or paper magazine?
    This.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    so...thanks to those who are actually supporting the site instead of just using it.

best,

jason
    I don't think I like this attitude. There is no better way to support this site than to continue to use it to learn and grow as an artist and to help others do the same.

That being said, the videos are great. I've learned some simple but valuable bits of information from them.

Thanks
    oh nice youve got paypall support now, last time i had to twist my mothers boyfriend into letting me use his card
    dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P-WAF View Post
    I don't think I like this attitude. There is no better way to support this site than to continue to use it to learn and grow as an artist and to help others do the same.
    But thats not what he means by support. We're talking physical support here. I know Manley is appreciative for all those who actually contribute to the site by visiting the critique center regularly, constantly post new work and help others out as that is the whole point of why he created the site.

The reality of such a thing existing is that it needs money to maintain and expand. Instead of simply asking for donations he will provide you with something very valuable in return for giving money. He's not saying that anyone who doesn't buy downloads or DVDs are moochers, he's just taking time to thank those who have already supported the site by purchasing something.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast