Artists In Seattle

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artists In Seattle

Hey,
    My name is Cameron McKay. I'm working on a community project for art students in Tahoma Senior High School. What i'm up to is trying to find professional artists to come in on an Art Day and talk to them on what it takes to be an artist, different jobs you can have, new mediums and themes, and generally the paths to which they can take to become an artist. At the moment they lack motivation and inspiration in their work. From the conversations i've been having with the teacher, their work is becoming halfed ass more and more. This is the school I graduated in last year (im 18 years old). So I know from experience, that the art programs at the school, aren't really up to date and they really don't stress the work and steps it takes to be an artist. I got this insight after i graduated and talked to an art mentor of mine, Mike Vaillencourt. This is something that is missing for them, and it is something i'd like to create.
    What is created in the art day is what i want to use to get them started on a small portfolio that will be presented in an art gallery in Seattle. This will be able to get them into the art communities in the city and simply confidence in their work. The students will not be the only ones getting something from this art day. This community project was first created through a class i'm in right now, Landmarks' Self Expression and Leadership Program. The media loves to get in on what the members of this class creates. So for the artists who come to this day, this is potential publicity for you and your art. This is also a chance to be the one who ignites passion in young artists of this school. To play a key role in their art career. If you are interested in coming in on this day please let me know.
    You can call me or shoot me an email. I'm usually on my computer or around my cellphone, so you can easily reach me.

Email : camthemanis@yahoo.com
    Cell#: (253) 347-4256

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds kind of cool. I live in Seattle myself and can definatly make it (IF im awake)

Mystress of shadows "Always Tease Never Please"

Art is like a butterfly, Beautiful and free but it is also like a scorpion poisonous and nasty to those who dont know how to handle it.

EveningKiss Labrynth Sketchbook

EveningKiss myspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check out this thread and ask the same question. We have a strong sketch group starting up and there are lots of pros around to help.

I would also look at local art organizations like 4culture and contact your local arts commission (if Tacoma has one). I served on the Burien Art Commission for several years and we had contact with a lot of local artists and other organizations.

I'll also keep my ears open to see if I hear anything that may help you more.

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might be find something useful on Seattle Sketcher.

Parka Blogs <- Most dangerous blog for artists (and their wallets).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gotch yah, I'll take a look into Seattle Sketcher and the art commission.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.