View Poll Results: Who be the Queen of the Fae?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chow 146 :: VOTING :: Queen Titania

3 1.09%

21 7.64%

36 13.09%

43 15.64%

113 41.09%

11 4.00%

60 21.82%

32 11.64%

78 28.36%

4 1.45%

21 7.64%

123 44.73%

50 18.18%

9 3.27%

8 2.91%

41 14.91%

6 2.18%

113 41.09%

19 6.91%

3 1.09%

11 4.00%

29 10.55%

66 24.00%

97 35.27%

3 1.09%

10 3.64%

7 2.55%

16 5.82%

93 33.82%

15 5.45%

69 25.09%

32 11.64%

17 6.18%

70 25.45%

77 28.00%

29 10.55%

14 5.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    I voted for so many.
    Dan! Loved the fuller figured fairy.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to RosemaryDarling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Agreed, what a great round. One day I hope to get to you guys' level. I held myself to five, here's a little bit of who and why:

Trevor: I can't help but vote for something this crazy badass. Love the evil-regality(regalness? i dunno).

Ciaee: Love the simplicity, painting style, and creepiness! great first entry.

Vorace: Something scary about it and love the color choices. I can imagine that if I ever met this Titania on a stroll through the woods it'd be slim chances coming out alive (or at least sane!) again.

Marco Mazzoni: I can't stop staring at this. Concept of fairy queen like I've never seen, and a sweet army to boot.

Bugmeyer: Love the interesting take on it and all the little details from the wings to the webbing.

Who I almost voted for:

Masque: Seeing the way you work through your WIP was almost as good as the great dreamy final piece.

Bluefooted: The linework is to die for, this looks like straight out of a storybook. Love the dress.

Shannanigan:
    I'm becoming a fan of you from watching you in these CHOWs. You work so clean! But I voted for you last time so :p

Decaying Lolita: Again I can imagine running into her in the forest. You did an awesome job making her look regal without all the brouhaha.

Dwinbotp:
    I liked your idea of fairy from the very first WIP, but all that blue on the bottom kind of cut the painting in half for me.

Ones I would have considered to vote that didnt make it to poll:

Dirkvandulmen:
    I'm a sucker for fat fairy queens! I love your style, but I think in the very end you overdid all the glowy/shininess a little.

Artoficina: I loved the alienesque queen, but I would have loved to see more detail on the rest of the painting, especially the fairy down below. I couldn't understand why her shoulder and left leg were way way more detailed than everything else.

Felida:
    Yours told a great story! I definitely would have voted for this if there was a little more contrast, as you said more detail, and if my eye didn't get lost somewhere around the foxs' head.

Looking at these every week takes my breath away. I kind of feel like I don't deserve to post this cause I didn't participate, but I really can't help but tell you all how your entries made me feel this week

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stacybean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    voted for:

Posh, i think the Rackham touch is still very much there, i just got a book with lots of his gorgeous work in it, and yours instantly reminded me of him even before you mentioned him.

Matt Dixon, love the color combo. beautifully rendered, love the brushwork.

D@niel, really cool character, i really like the gesture of the hands.

fersteger, this is my fave. Waterhouse would be proud i think. absolutely awesome!

Nutter, great face! i think the pointing hand could use a little refinement, but really love this one.

Trevor, lighting rocks! dig the composition, but because of it also almost missed the thumb...

ionic, like the pose a lot, and the wings, and the face... :thumbsup:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Mitze: Yours says it's named "fairyqueensmall.somethingorother". If you rename it and reupload it i'll reconsider.

trevor: yeh, i resize everything to a fixed width of 300 px, so yours was so wide that it got ridiculously small. You you like me to recrop it a little to make Titania a little bigger? You didn't do anything wrong, it's just a nice wide image.

Wingedchime: Yeh, that's why I almost took it, but I've cut out people for less before so I didn't feel it would be fair. If you had given her arms, I probably would have taken it, but then the design wouldn't have been so good. It was a tough choice, so thanks for your understanding.

Felida: The images are supposed to be hosted here on the forum, not off site. I made a rather large note about it in the main thread. I am starting to absolutely insist on using the attachment editor so we stop getting holes in the poll threads a few weeks down the line :/. Especially for rounds like this, i'd like to preserve them in their entity. If you upload them with the attachment editor, I'll reconsider.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Alright - I fixed mine and figured out how to attach a file. Will it be added to the poll?

Thanks
    Wow, I never thought I'd come even close to winning, but being left out entirely has showed me I have much more work to do... Thanks for the wake-up call!
    I'll make it next time! *shakes fist*
    What signature?

Thanks
    Here's some crits! Promised myself I'd do them this week.

Angel Intheuk - love the snake and headress. I'm not sure if it's just me reading it because of all the white, but in some areas it looks a little flat.

JohnGrello - Love the peaceful expression on her face. Well rendered, and way to keep your head with all the different directions we were giving you.

Dan! - beautiful image, really well rendered too. Love her wings! I think it's cool the way you covered her eyes, but it still seems like she's watching me.

Bluefooted - love how free she looks.

Nightblue - love how you positioned the feet, she flows much better this way. That far arm is just a little flat and looks a little loose on that knife she has. But, she looks really regal and elegant.

Poshspice - love the forlorn look she has. Love the different look that you had this week too.

Vorace - love the expression and her wings are awesome. Does she have three ears? Her left hand, at least on my monitor looks like it goes into the tree trunk there.

bugmeyer - love the unique design! Only crit is the bottom of her dress, the blue part, looks like it is part of the leaves instead of laying on the leaves. Or is it floating above?

Narai - love the image. For me, it's just personal taste on this one. Nothing speaks of fairy to me (and no, I've never met one). To me, she speaks more of a goddess or a demon.

Jason Strutz - I loved Tatiana's face in the close-ups and all the other details. I think what happened on your image is that she's a little ovewhelmed by everything around her. I focus more on her headress and the donkey's face than I do on her. which is sad, because I really love her design.

Decaying Lolita - I think the water looks pretty good. I'm not entirely sure, but I would think it would reflect off of her a little bit more. Good job on her design!

Shannanigan - good work on her. Like the bronze wings better than the blue. And good work on adding the Indian changeling too.

Arthemis X - love the asian vibe you went for. I felt her dress was a little rough compared to the rest of her and the butterfly fairies surrounding her.

Sentinel13 - loved your design. You managed to make her look regal but still have a wild look about her. Love the little bluebird too.

Deadred - beautiful image. Love the little bunny.

Matt Dixon - love the expression on her face. Good work.

Ok, will get the rest later.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MJ_Alcazar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    daestwen I have changed my file name, sorry for the careless, I rush the pictures out in last minute and totally forget the naming system, hopefully you can consider my case again, my thread is #65

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacybean View Post
    Shannanigan: I'm becoming a fan of you from watching you in these CHOWs. You work so clean! But I voted for you last time so :p

Awww come on!! LOL!

I haven't voted yet... letting it sink in since there are so many out of the blue!! Too much cool stuff, I don't know if I'll be able to limit myself!

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus
    Thanks
    daestwen - can you explain how i attach images on here now, i used to attach the image file through photobucket, but that doesnt seem to be any longer the right way, can anyone help me here for future chow's
    Last edited by grenogs; February 9th, 2009 at 10:53 PM.

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus
    Thanks
    well done everyone, lots of nice images, which always makes voting a lot more difficult, especially when knowing how much work often goes into some of these pieces.

votes went to: poshspice, trevor, kroveyn, matt dixon, ciaee, bluefooted,

my favourite this week has to be ciaee, really like this, not my usual first choice technique wise, but its such a simple and yet stunning piece

17. The Following User Says Thank You to grenogs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks deastwen
    if you want to crop it would be cool but it seems people have seen it i guess haha
    but i never realized it was a strict 300 px wide poll
    i suppose in the future i will do vertical compositions only

here is an idea, how about being a max dimm of about 700x700 or so for the poll?
    that way vert and horiz comps will be seen equally, and its just as easy as doing a 300 wide by infinity batch in the ol' image processor
    just a suggestion take it or leave it thanks for the hard work!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to trevor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There were so many great renderings this round, I had to vote based primarily on the design of the character. A few were really original, but also well-developed.:

Dan, Nether, Dwinbot, Marco Mazzoni.

Good work all!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FerrousJack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    excellent stuff. maybe i'll make it next time. although i would like to know the reason (probably too sci-fi). I voted for:

Nutter - Nice earthen colors and beautiful composition. Also a very clear and crisp image.
    Poshspice - Lovely linework and just so pleasurable to look at. makes me feel peaceful.

great work guys.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Of the New Batch:

Added to Poll: openanewworld

Not Added (quality check, etc): dragon4lunch

---

grenogs: If you go into 'Go Advanced' you'll see a little paper clip icon, that is the attachment editor, and you can upload images directly to that.

trevor: yeh, i'll fiddle around with it. The reason it's set up the way it is, is because i can just go through an action with every single image and have then all resized in about forty seconds. I'll fiddle around with it and maybe work something out for next week. your image has been re-cropped to fit a little better!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast