View Poll Results: Who be the Queen of the Fae?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chow 146 :: VOTING :: Queen Titania

3 1.09%

21 7.64%

36 13.09%

43 15.64%

113 41.09%

11 4.00%

60 21.82%

32 11.64%

78 28.36%

4 1.45%

21 7.64%

123 44.73%

50 18.18%

9 3.27%

8 2.91%

41 14.91%

6 2.18%

113 41.09%

19 6.91%

3 1.09%

11 4.00%

29 10.55%

66 24.00%

97 35.27%

3 1.09%

10 3.64%

7 2.55%

16 5.82%

93 33.82%

15 5.45%

69 25.09%

32 11.64%

17 6.18%

70 25.45%

77 28.00%

29 10.55%

14 5.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Thanks

Comments/Crits Part III

If yours is not here, it's either in [here] or [here].

Kitten Poker:
    Her arms feel a little chunky compared to the rest of her. I'd suggest looking for photos to see how an arm would look (foreshortened) from this angle.

Nightblue:
    I like how "soft" and calm this feels even though she's holding a knife.

Dan!:
    Very beautifully done. I love her outfit and the fact that most of her face can't be seen.

hunchback:
    I feel that yours had a lot of potential. Her posture and expression says a lot her and I really love how you did the face, but the rest of the painting really could've been further developed.

Graphuji:
    Maybe it's the mask, but her head doesn't seem to fit on her body. Interesting direction with the design though.

Vorace:
    I went like, whoa. Amazing colors, crazy design, wonderful mood, excellent execution... really eye-grabbing. I really love how you painted the background and everything- not too hyper-realistic but very believable. Impressive work. (This is going to sound like the weirdest thing ever, but zomg I think I like her pubes? xD)

dragon4lunch:
    I'm not sure what happened to the angle of the head in the final. It looked a lot more natural in the early stage.

bluefooted:

Great style, gorgeous outfit and I really like that she's riding on a moth(?). Your painting makes me want to believe in fairytales!

Sticmann:
    Is that Titania as a gypsy? Very interesting. On your painting, I think you need to pay some attention to some of your values. Take the shadows for example. Compare them (i.e. the shadows on her body compared to the ones on the wings and keys... etc.) and see if they make sense.

Jason Strutz:
    Very nice style and definitely eye-catching. Great to hear that you're satisfied with this piece. (:

Grendel Grack:
    Beautiful outfit- I love how you sort of made her wings part of her dress. (I had that in mine too but I'm not sure if it reads, but yours does.)

Sulk-Sal:
    I've already pointed out the perspective issue in the WIP thread. I felt that the composition could be tighter (cropping would help) and that there was just too much gray in your image. I hope you don't me editing your painting to show you what I would've done to improve it. Link to image: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ulksaledit.jpg I used "Image > Adjustments > Variations" to add a little bit of pink/purple-ish color to the overall to tie everything together. Hope that helps!

openanewworld:

Hey Herman! It's great to see you here. xD I have nothing to say about your technique and I really love the concept/idea that you're going for here. Great creativity!

trevor:
    Another one of those stunning submissions this week. Brilliant rendering, and great details. I love the textures on her arms and legs.

MJ_Alcazar:
    When I saw yours in the WIP thread, I thought that you were eventually going to add some brights to your painting. I would've really accentuated that glow coming from that little fairy flying in the air, just to light everything up a little.

Nutter:
    You've got great skills and technique and I love how you focused on adding details to select areas, but I also can't help feeling that the painting is a little unfinished.

dayz:
    Interesting story and nice colors but like Nutter's entry, although I love how you focused on adding details to select areas, I feel that it's a little unfinished in other areas. It's still a great painting.

careless:
    Beautiful painting. Yours gives me that "old masters" feel.

Ah Chu:
    Pretty good job for your first time at painting a lady. There's one little thing I'd like to point out. Look at the shadow on her legs and compared that to the shadow on her neck. Relativity is important in creating unity in an image.

grenogs:
    I think you did the grass/leaves especially well and everything else was painted nicely. Now the image just needs a little bit of brightening up (I feel). I hope you don't mind me doing this, but I did some light editing to show you what I would've done if it was mine. Link to image: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...renogsedit.jpg

ikuru:
    Hey, I love those new things you added in the background! You seem to be developing quite an interesting style, so keep painting.

cyc:

There's a some bad tangent going on with her wing and the border of your image. I would either shift her to the right a little more, or crop out more of that wing.

Duq:
    Cool throne, but her pose looks a little stiff to me. I also felt the colors in your 4th WIP (bottom left) worked better than the those in your final.

Felida:

Great final entry. Lovely style. I still wonder what's happening- is she scolding him? D:

Dead Clown:
    For some reason, that banner made me think of pirates. Very cool idea to incorporate the banner; the only crit I have is that her leg feels too thin.

Jeremy Hoffman:
    Very cute scene. I would try getting some subtle variations of color in to add more interest to the painting.

jpedro:
    I think that her head is done especially well and I really like the visible outlines in there. I feel that if you did the same thing for all of her, it might have helped make her pop.

WunderDark:

Dark fairies are my thing, although yours don't really look like a fairy anymore. xD Nice style, keep drawing.

Hideyoshi:
    Really neat design; love her hat. Feels a little unfinished, but no crits!

Amedyr:
    Haha, I love your idea. You've got a nice sketchy style too.

yoitisi:
    Not sure if it's intended, but her head feels justtt a touch too big. Besides that, good technique and great rendering. I'm happy to see at least one grayscale submission this round.

DecayingLolita:
    I think you improved a lot from the last round and that's awesome. I'm assuming that you used photo-textures for the water (which is perfectly fine), but I would do a little bit of touching-up by painting over it or around it, so that it blends with the rest of the painting a little more.

deadred:
    Exceptionally well done. It's interesting to see how the colors change through your WIPs. Lovveee the bunny.

Sorknes:
    Not sure why this didn't make the poll. Cool spider (?) Titania. There's a bad tangent going on at the top though.

Ciaee:
    That's mine! xD

Sentinel13:
    Beautifully done. I love the little bird she's holding up. It's really well done as it is, but if you don't mind allow me to show you what I would have done to it if it was mine. Link to image: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...inel13edit.jpg I darkened some of the darks, and made the blue glow brighter and more saturated. I'm not sure if this is what you're going for (and I think I might have overdone it a little), but I felt that these small changes can help add drama to your painting.

Jefita:
    I love those silhouettes in the background. I wish you had added some description to go along with your image so that we'd know what's going on. Very well done, and lovely style.

Quinn Simoes:
    I think you did the face well and some parts of her dress, but things kinda got hazy at the bottom and the wings feel of a completely different finish.

That's everyone, I think. I really did think of how each one can be improved and I hope I wasn't too harsh with some of my comments. Grenogs, Sulk-Sal and Sentinel 13, I hope you won't mind me doing the edits without asking for permission.

Voted for - Jason Strutz, Matt Dixon, deadred, Vorace, trevor, bluefooted, PoshSpice and openanewworld.
    Last edited by Ciaee; February 12th, 2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typo ><
    Website | Blog | deviantART |

Every blessing ignored becomes a curse. - Paulo Coelho

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ciaee For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    I don't mind at all, it really helps me to see what you mean. I'm going to play with the cropping and color a bit just for some good practice. Not really sure if it can be salvaged, but thanks muchly for the crit!

Thanks
    Hey, Ciaee, I think your marathon C&C deserves more thanks than a button-push, so... thanks!
    Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Ciaee - thank you for the crit! That's amazing that you got everyone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulk-Sal View Post
    I don't mind at all, it really helps me to see what you mean. I'm going to play with the cropping and color a bit just for some good practice. Not really sure if it can be salvaged, but thanks muchly for the crit!
    Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Hey, Ciaee, I think your marathon C&C deserves more thanks than a button-push, so... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ_Alcazar View Post
    Ciaee - thank you for the crit! That's amazing that you got everyone.
    You're very welcome, all of you!
    Website | Blog | deviantART |

Every blessing ignored becomes a curse. - Paulo Coelho

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to crit Ciaee much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot Ciaee! Awesome comment-marathon *laughs*
    Yes- She's scolding him. Maybe he annoyed her. And the other elfs doesn't seem to be innocent, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by careless View Post
    Angel Intheuk: The figures okay, the dress could have used some reference though, and the composition is getting split in half because of two bright values on either side; I think reducing the values of one or both would bring the focal back to the figure. I like the size reference you put in btw, unless that snake is giant, can never tell with these fantasy things.
    Cheers for that..good points I'll definitely remember and you're right I hardly used any reference on the dress and wings, or much of the picture really (apart from the headdress and snake) bad me...I will skulk shamefully away and be better next time

p.s the snake is a grass snake, just bigger than a hand, if i'd had more time I probably would have put more objects for size reference like a leaf to make it a bit more obvious.

Thanks
    Oh wow, I can't believe I did this, but I had promised myself this round I'd crit everybody if I participated. I didn't know there would be so darn many though! O.o

Sorry it took so long, but it was so many to go through, it took a few days...

Disclaimer: I'm in no way a professional critic, so take my crits and comments for what they are, and with a small spoon of salt. Also, with that many I'm afraid I started to get crosseyed staring at them... And sorry for any writing mistakes and typos.

Part 1:

Matt Dixon - Wonderful as always. I really like the way you used colours here, gave me a little "aha!" thing. You have a fan in me.

jshamburger - Very fairy indeed. The white outlines comes out as a little too sharp for me when it's not a graphic thing around the whole character.

skorpi - Me like. Everything in the scene hints to a story behind it all. Her left and his right legs seems to need a lil more love though.

JOHNGRELLO - Nice touch with the hood, makes her a bit more modern. The red drapery around her hips looks a bit skewed though, like the knot is more to the front on her right side, makes it look a little weird to me.

Physicalpariah - Nice water and light coming up from underneath. I don't quite get why her hair is like that though, it should be more clear if it's in a hairdo that makes it stand up or if she's jumping down into the water making it going up like that. Her upper body is also confusing to read.

doombee - love the idea! Had to look twice before I saw the fairies in the bubbles/eggs. Really like her expression too. A little confusing where the backlight on her right side of the body comes from though, with the black ground/bottom, she ends up floating a bit in the air for me.

Marco Mazzoni - Love it. I like the scaryish fairies, and the insectoid arms with the hips and tighs made like that it makes for an original one. At first I had trouble seeing if she was flying/floating in the air or if she was totally defying gravity standing up on ground though, lol. I think that was the dark background around the feet making it hard to read for me.

Christoffer - Nice headgear, I like some big stuff on characters heads, heh. She reads as only having one wing at the middle of her back though, you would see at least a little of the other on the other side of her head if it were two. Her legs also reads like the back one comes out in front, some more work with shadows and the proportions of the legs would help that, as she is now, her right leg lifted up is a lot longer than the other one, as far
    as I can see.

Nether - one of my favourites, I really, really like how she's humanoid even though you got out the plant and the insect aspect of her extremely well.

I am Joey-b - Her dress looked better when it was still green in your WIP. The wings are interesting though.

masque - Well performed as always. I have to say this one became a little too boring for me though, but that is personal taste, I kinda like the looks in the WIP's better.

FerrousJack - Pretty original take, heh. Her face looks a bit skewed to me, I think it's the eyes doing it. Like her feet and leg muscles, hehe.

D@niel - Really great job! The pattern on her body looks great and the image ties itself together in a really nice way. I feel like the hair is confusing the scene a bit being in the S-shape it is, though

Wolfentir - I liked this one right away. There's something off with her shoulders, but overall this is an image that would've gotten my vote. She doesn't read as a queen, but not all queens do, eh?

fersteger - Lovely colours, the contrast between the not so natural fairies and the rest of the image (included the queen) makes it interesting.

anamirela - Simple, good design, funny details. Good one. Her crown looks slightly off for me, but that mightbe the monitor playing tricks on me.

darknight - it is a bit hard to see what's in your image. I think it's partly that your anatomy is a bit weird and the very saturated colours with the black shadows. Tone down the saturation and use other colours than black in the shadows, and it'll read a lot clearer I think. The wings came out nicely, they have a leafy look

Artofinca - The simple colour scheme comes off very well, and draws attention in a way I like. The foot you see seems like it's a bit cramped up and the arm further away seems a bit longer than than the one closer, I think the upper arm is too long when looking at where it should attach to the shoulder? I like the design a lot.

LA-Fairy - Very nice wings. The rest of her looks a bit flat though, I think working a bit more on the shadows would've popped her out a lot more. Using a reference and see how the shadows follows the body, and how the different parts connects to each other might be an advice. That way you'll see which parts to put higher highlights on, and what should be more midtones too, right now she's overall too bright, I think?

revenebo - That one totally made me laugh. Very nice picture overall, looking for something to crit it would be the pattern on her dress though, I think making it follow the body more on the furthest away parts would've made forms stand ut better? I love those tiny wings on that big body, hehe.

Tommoy - Looks very otherworldly. Nice colours, nice pose. The tigh further away from us looks like it might connect a bit weird, but it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

naRai - Very creepy, like it a lot. The colours look great too. The lower belly reads a bit weird to me, but it's kinda nitpicking. Good work.

Kroevyn - Her dress is absolutely wonderful! I don't know if you meant for the staff to be bent a bit as it went around the back of her, but it reads as not being straight instead with a sharp bend somewhere behind her back. Great colours, I like the darker feel.

erinel - Not that much to see of her, but the image in itself comes off as nice. Her lower arm looks a little bit too long when compared to what you can see of the rest of her though.

Sekino - Simple and nice design, reads very well. I would've liked to see some mroe work on the body since the hair is more detailed, but that might be what you were aiming for.

dwinbotp - the picture grew on me, I didn't really know what ot think of it when I saw the first WIP's, heh. Nice use of colours. Everything skewing like that makes the pic look a bit "unbalanced" for me though, like it's leanning to the side.

plissken - The upper body seems better thought through than from her hips and down, I think maybe the lower part needs some more love, hehe. Very nice design though, the carved pattern gives her a woody feel.

shannanigan - Very nice image this round. I love the more modern/civilized take on her, and her dress is wonderful. Like a lot.

yellowrun - I really like the back legs and they have interesting design, but I think the picture overall would read better if you added some more shadow than just the shading of the one leg that you see underneath her. Some shadows following the forms and more consistent highlights would help the image.

Antne - The white got a little too white for me in this, it steals all the attention. The hairdo is neat and I like the exaggerated arm, even though her left one disappears in a way that's confusing, not sure if it's supposed to be behind her?

NateShaw - I very much like the owls on the chair! And her face is very expressive. Overall a nice picture, but the donkeyhead seems like it floats in the air instead of being attached to male body for me. Her horns also kind of seems to float on top of her hair instead of coming through it.

Poshspice - Another wonderful image from you, you like your girls, eh? There is a Rackham feel in there indeed. I really like her hands turning into branches. And I really love the way it's coloured.

monkeybread - I'm not quite sure what the rainbowy colour floating over her is, is it her wings? If it is, trying to make the colours shining in somewhat the same way and make it clearer for the viewer how the wings flow might be an idea. I like her feet and lower body, the whole body in itself is actually really nice. The light is somewhat off though, so her face seems to be floating in front of everything else, and it's worked on differently than the body so that even though it gets the main focus it less thought through.

IIKII - I really like her hair. If you try out that pose in front of the mirror though, I think you'll find that you'll fall on your butt. She has all her weight on the leg furthest away from us, but she can't hold it if she holds it straight in that angle. Think a bit more about gravity. There's also a lot of same kind of tone all over her, making some better highlights and more defined shadows would make her stand out more. The wings looks a little rushed compared to her body, they would benefit from some more work on their form and shadows/highlights as well. I was thinking the stuff on her arm and legs was a pattern from what we can see on her shoulder, but then it comes running down and obsucuring her hand, which is confusing me. It should be clearer if it was mud or some substance, or if it was something painted on her or in her skin.

GiantRibot - Very much like the techie approach in this one, the wings coming out like that is a nice touch. The arm that she holds around her waist confused me a bit though, it kind of looked like the lower part of it was her belt first and that the arm was cut off abruptly at the elbow.

Wingedchime - I like the plant idea a lot, the image is really pretty. The colours and the focus on the face is good, and I really love the design on the fairies or whatever those critters around her is.

Arthemis IX - I love it. Very clever usage of the mothpattern on the sleeves of her dress, and makes for an image that stands out among the others.

IceMoon - The dress made of butterfly wings is very pretty, but I can't stop thinking about the poor butterfly without wings, lol! The antennae is also a nice touch. Overall the image ends up a bit boring to me though, maybe more focus or details on the character would've helped it?

Crowsrock - The bird is well done, and makes for a better image. She reads as a bit flat in her face and her shoulders seems to be a bit off though. I think that might be because the light is a bit confusing, it doesn't seem to have a proper source? The upper arms, especially her left, looks too thin, and the wide shoulders make it even more so.

dirkvandulmen - I really like this one, made me smile. The way her dress follows the lily leaf and all the small critters around her makes for a really nice scene. It's one of my favourites, actually. Her hair/headgear seems a bit unbalanced though, like it's leaning to one side.

benu - Very nice design, I like the creepy aspect. It kind of seems like the two wings are attached at different points on the shoulders though? The wings themselves are really nice though.

Windsrock - There seems to be a little too much going on in the picture, I think the wings would've benefited with being treated like you've done with the stuff floating from her fingers. Now they look rough and unfinished, and the harsh thick lines doesn't really help in reading how they are either. Interesting dress.

Mitze - I actially like the yellow version of her dress best, at least from what I can see on the WIPs you posted, heh. The image is really nice though, and the wings are awsome. what gets the most love from me is the ferrets though, lol! I love them!

amaliax - I like her face, and her hair looks really nice. Her wings looks a bit unsure if they should be see through, glowy or solid though, heh. I thought they were glowy see through but then I couldn't see the furthest away wing through the closest one. I think the picture would be a lot better if you changed the wings or worked some more on them, to me she looks like she's gotten a lot more painterly love than the wings, at least.

Pixeltuner - Nice one, love the hair and headgear. Her feet looks like they are a lot bigger and solid than what you'd expect from a fairy queen, but I like them nonetheless, heh.

Franna - I was a bit sceptical when I first saw the WIP for this one, but it turned out being one of my favourites. Great concept, great image, and the only robot, hehe. Only crit would be that her feet seems to have been rushed a bit more than the rest of her?

Zilrion - Nice, easy to read picture. Her tummy/hip/butt/tighs seems to connect a bit weird though. Her tighs rounds up to the butt where her hips starts, and it confuses the body a lot. My eyes keep wanting to either cut off the back part and most of her butt to make her super skinny, or add a lot more flesh to her arms and tighs.

Bugmeyer - killer perspective! And I love the wings. Not much to say other than that I like the image a lot, and that you went the insectoid route.

Lammashta - Nice more modern feel with the boots. The wings confuses me though, are they connected maybe a little bit too low? I actually think that your WIP looks a bit better than your finished one, but it has a nice graphic touch to it when using the colours like that.

Angel Intheuk - Very nice dress and a nice touch with the snake as a pet. Overall it ends up reading a bit flat for me though, I think it's the massive white dress doing it when it's define more. Like the headgear.

Kitten Poker - Nice glow, like the wings. She doesn't seem to be sitting in the flowerranks though, her weight would've been distributed a little differet (try to sit down in a similar pose yourself and you'll see) and the ranks would've been a little more stretched, at least a few main strands of it.

Nightblue - Very nice roses there, they set a good mood for the rest of the picture. I find the wings the most interesting with the character.Overall a nice clean pic.

Dan! - Well, she can't see, hope she has some helpers or good echoing skills. The hood over her eyes makes her different, I like that. The wings together with the feathers around her neck confuse me a little though. Overall good work as usual, the colours are wonderful.

hunchback - Nice moody colours. Her leg seems off though, it's hard to see which leg it's supposed to be. Right now it looks to me like it's her right, and that her tigh comes out from the hip under there, being too short with a twisted knee.

Graphuji - Nice graphic feel. Her legs and feet looks like they're too small compared to the rest of her body though. Slimming the shoulder area would've helped too, as right now it seems she has very little hips. The breasts could also have been a little smoother put on, right now they read as half balls, while if you look at a women, they're seldom that shape unless they've had excessive surgery.

Vorace - Lovely as always, I tend to like your stuff a lot, don't know why, hehe. The wings in her hair is a nice touch. The third ear confuse me a bit though.

dragon4lunch - Nice colours, but her face/head looks somewhat off or not quite finished? In the first WIP you have a lot more dynamic pose.

bluefooted - love your stuff as always. The moth was a very good idea. And her dress is beautiful.

sticmann - Some of the details are really, really good, and the colour choice in the jewelry and the key looks great. Her face seems a bit skewed to me though, I think it's the ear furthest away that makes it looks weird, almost like her face is broader where it's just naked face than where her hair is.

Jason Strutz - Colours exploded somewhere nearby you? Hehe, love the colours, and the donkeys face is awsome. Really great, even though I can't help but think she must have a lot of neckpain carrying that on her head.

Grendel Grack - The wings like that is a great touch and makes her different. And that it flows together with the dress like that making it almost as one is sweet.

Sulk-Sal - Her pose looks a bit stiff, and I think you've gotten some crit already about the feet coming towards you. I really like the pencil drawing though, and there everything is supposed to be a bit greyish - the colours put on lack some.

openanewworld - Gives me a nice dryad feeling. I especially like the hair and the colours are great. The picture kind of makes you calm at the same time she's appearantly no laying on the sofa getting fed grapes kind of queen.

trevor - my absolute favourite of all this round. The creatures are awsome, but the queen herself is really something otherwordly. I'd have that on my wall if I could for sure!
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Part 2: (I exceeded the amount of characters limit! O.o )

MJ Alcazar - Still progressing very well. This one came out a little dark though, your highlights are really subdued. Nice to see that you implemented the Indian boy too. Your faces are getting better and better and the light in this one looks good.

Nutter - Horns! And the feel of her wings is really good too, I almost want to reach out and touch them. You say you rushed it in the end, and I kinda wish you'll post it again doing what you feel was lacking, since I get the feeling it's a little unfinished myself.

dayz - Very nice idea, almost an arabic feel to her with the fabric over her head like that. As the fabric flows out into the air it gets a bit too muddied for me though, I'd like to see you either go more graphic with it or more rendered.

careless - Beautiful, very serene. Not much to say about this one, her "lounging" like that and staring at you makes me think of older paintings.

AhChu - Some parts of her dress reads very well, while others come off as flat, due to the difference in the shadows/highlights. The fabric over her bosom comes off as nice thick silk, while the fabric on her arms and her legs even though same colour looks very flat and not rendered.

grenogs - First thing I focused on was those weird bumblebeeish things instead of her, hehe, like them a lot. The colours could need a little more livening up though.

ikuru - I like the way you paint, and the small figures in the background makes for a nice touch. Not much to say, other than that the furthest back leg looks better in the versions where she doesn't have a dress, her pose isn't that selfexplainatory when you dress her.

cyc - Her wings and hair looks like they got a little more love than her body. When the water ripples like that her water reflection will never be straight like that though, it would follow the ripples.

Duq - Nice one, Duq She looks a bit stiff, and I find that your sketches with the little fairy and the light around it looks more interesting in your earlier WIPs, I like the colours better there too.

Felida - Lots of stuff going on in here, really like the scene. The fox could maybe have some more detail work and shadows though. I really like it there so I'd like to see it make more out of itself

Dead Clown - The wings looks great, nice. The crown looks a bit skewes to me though and the shine in her hair looks like the back of her head is a bit flat.

Jeremy Hoffman - Too bad it ended up cropped. I really love the whole thing though, from the little gnomes facial expression and her funny face to the little fairy on her shoulder. Like the wooden feel of her body too. Crown is great.

jpedro - very nice pose. The body ends up looking a little bland compared to the face though. I wish you'd done more so the body popped more out of the picture, because it is really nice. right now it melts into the background a bit too much for me.

Wunderdark - Different take, fairy queen of death. Her breasts looks a bit odd though, they attract attention because they're light, but ends up looking a bit "stiff" in lack of a better word, heh.

Hideyoshi - Beautiful. Not much to crit here at all, she's really original and the background is interesting. Me like.

Amedyr - Hehe, queen of the nerds, eh? Great with some more humorous takes on the subject as well. Not much to crit really, maybe the leg furthest away from us on the nerd could've needed some more darks, right now the light makes it look like it's bent weird?

yoitisi - Sweet. Something looks a bit off on her tigh, not quite sure what it is though.Also the foot she stands on looks awkward, and a bit small? Her dress looks really good, and the little satyr or what it is adds a really nice touch.

DecayingLolita - Very nice colourwise. And I like her design, different from some of the other stuff I've seen from you. The shoulder looks a bit flat, but very nice entry.

deadred - Right up my alley, and I just totally love that big bad bunny. But you know I like your stuff already, heh.

Sorknes - You look familiar.... Kinda sad I didn't have the time to finish the arms and fix the shoulder/upper arm area.

Ciaee - Welcome, you sure made an impact from your first post, hehe. It's a stunning picture, I'm trying to find out why I like it so much, but not sure, hehe. And the donkeyhead with her totally innocent-ish is well done. Love it. very dreamy and otherwordly.

Sentinel13 - Great entry, and her body comes off as very well done. Nice to see not only skinny fairies too. Beautiful, and the bird is lovely.

Jefita - I'm wondering if that's the Indian boy or some other character. Very nice, her face and body is stunning, but what really makes it is the craetures behind in the dark, for me. The boy looks a little unfinished to me compared to the rest of the pic though.

Quinn Simoes - Another dark one. Her wings being leafy is a nice touch, but they look a bit too much different from the rest of her, like they don't really belong. I like the rest of her though.

When it came to who I wanted to vote for, I wanted to vote for almost all. So I ended up deciding who I like the absolutely most and vote for that. And I ended up with Trevor. I have a kind of aversion against fairies that's all bright and good, so I like the darker ones, hehe.

Tell me if I forgot anyone!
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorknes View Post
    masque - Well performed as always. I have to say this one became a little too boring for me though, but that is personal taste, I kinda like the looks in the WIP's better.
    Another crazy person diving off the C&C deep end! Truly, though, thanks for your perseverance in doing so.

In many ways I agree with you, the edgy graphic look of the initial sketches was lost, but I'm not yet at a point with that drawing style to carry it from B&W to fully-rendered color image, at least not with any real confidence. So I wussed out a bit and fell back on my usual "performance" (about which I appreciate the comment, btw). But it is a goal to develop a "look" that incorporates that faux-brushwork stroke into more fully-developed images. I need to spend more time with that, since it seems to be more appealing than my more "old-school" painting techniques.
    Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Thanks Sorknes! I really appreciate it.

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus
    Thanks
    hi Ciaee , thanks for the crit and the rework, especialy more so concidering i wasn't even in the pole, very much appretiated. i just saw what you did with my piece, excelent, i totally agree what you've done, realy does makes a the difference, thanks and good luck on the next chow

Thanks
    Sorknes: thank you for taking time to comment on my work, I definitely appreciate it

Thanks
    Very, very nice stuff here again!

Voted for
    Arthemis IX: Love the design of the butterfly/moth gown!
    Ciaee: I find the cool colour palette very fitting. The eyes are quite compelling and made me look twice.
    fersteger: Lovely dreamlike look.
    Bluefooted: Gorgeous selection of colours here. Dig the way the night sky and the starlight blend into her character. The painting has a cold and yet comforting feel; hard to explain. I like the design of her winged steed very much as well - it reminds me of the Landstriders from 'The Dark Crystal'.
    poshspice: Superbly executed, amazing ink and watercolour look.
    openanewworld: This is my favourite for two reasons: The moonlight is just perfect for this amazing deep forest setting. Titania seems human at first, but a closer look reveals her chilling otherworldliness.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth doing well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great thanks to Ciaee and Storkness for their comments, I have tried to fix the pic for those things (and some other stuff I thought of later) & posted it here in the crits section. Any futher coments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ^_^

Thanks
    Thanks a bunch - Sentinel13 Ciaee Sorknes. I appreciate you guys taking the time. I definitely recognise the errors you've pointed out. I'll be sure not to make the same mistakes again.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7