Thanks

"Larry's Last Ride" -- Now Showing at Goofy Graffix

Presenting my latest animated short, featuring a minute and a half of hand-drawn intergalactic stupidity...

"Larry's Last Ride" -- Now Showing at Goofy Graffix

All the individual keyframes were penciled, inked with Staedtler markers on tracing paper, scanned, then colored in Painter. I used POV-Ray to sequence & composite all the painted layers, and Quicktime to create the final animation. The background starfield is the only non-hand-drawn component -- a bunch of POV-Ray-generated cylinders zooming past the camera.

Comments welcome!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think you must have learned a good amount working with the mediums you chose. The thing I'd like to point out is that you can now edit and inbetween those hand drawn images. I would suggest using whatever program it is you used to animate that to make smooth in between drawings.

The alien on the left of the camera should be scarier. I am imagining that green vein-filled head (just the circle shape) pulsating in a grotesque loop. Some slime in his eyes with some delayed, gross blinking. Some more reacting would make this animation better as well. When Larry is talking (specifically when he says "I'm a good judge of people. I can see trouble from a mile away.") I feel like the other alien should slowly pan his gross eyes over to the guy as if to suggest "oh man, if only YOU KNEW I was crazy...", which is crazily ironic in the first place. Have more fun with the slime coming from his mouth. It's nice how the character is so nonchalant after eating him -- and during.

This is a good animation and it made me laugh a little. I hope to see some more soon

Thanks
    I thought this animation was very amusing. As a matter of fact I would love to see a third component go into this. Like the scene before where he is hitching a ride from a galactic asteroid and the alien stops to beam him up in his ship...Good work!

Thanks
    Thank you for the compliments and the input -- I do appreciate it

Thanks
    On my website (check my sig) are test reels for animatics and pencil roughs, hosted on YouTube. Comments welcome