The Animation Workshop, Viborg, Denmark
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Animation Workshop, Viborg, Denmark

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Animation Workshop, Viborg, Denmark

I know I'm almost spamming this forum with questions, and I'm really sorry, but I'm applying for art schools and this is extremely important to me xD Please bear with me! D:

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here has applied and gotten into the Animation Workshop school in Viborg, Denmark (http://www.animwork.dk/). They put down their portfolio requirements very specifically down (http://www.animwork.dk/Default.asp?ID=180), and I would love to see some portfolios from those accepted. Just to see what quality they expect to see. If you know someone who got in, or know of someplace where they put up their accepted portfolios on the net, I would greatly appreaciate it.

Oh, and to note, I'm applying for the CG artist line

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, I'm applying for the CG Artist line as well, so who knows, maybe we'll meet each other.

I've not found any of the accepted portfolios anywhere online, though I'm sure at least a few of them and (some of) their drawings must be around. But if you try to get a hold of the administration at the school, know that they are REALLY helpful and eager to take a look at your drawings and offer critique - as well as show you the physical portfolios of those accepted.

So, taking a trip to Viborg is highly recommended. I can tell you that the portfolios vary greatly, and that they're not looking for any specific style - from what I gathered, they're looking for confidence in your own, developed style.

Feel free to message me for any further info, or if you'd just like to chat.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! This is Orkidea (under a new username), and I actually found someone who got accepted He showed me his portfolio and I've got a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Hopefully we will see each other next semester!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Left you my reply on dA, and yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck to all of you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good luck indeed!
    I am planning to try my hands at getting into Animwork next year. so any advice from you who have already handed in your portfolios?
    also, any general advice is much appreciated.

also.. sorry for bumping an old thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw that you had been accepted, congrats!
    I think it'd really help koogco and other people if you (and other accepted applicants) would post your portfolio for others to get a better grasp of what the school is looking for

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both KaranB and Skapanorn have made their portfolios available at deviantart.
    thank you very much =) it is great (and a bit scary) to see what I have got to learn in the next 9 months or so.
    I should be alright though, I will be practising allot with a friend that is also considering animwork. and I look forward to see you in Viborg =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Digging this thread up again...

Can anyone tell me when semesters for the degree courses in Character Animation start? I must be blind/stupid/both but all I've found on the website was the dates for the classical drawing progamme as well as info that applicants will be notified if they were accepted by June. So, about when does the programme itself begin?

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Righty, it's me again. Anyone got any portfolios that were accepted for the Character Animation programme?

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaaand digging it up again... I'm proud to announce that I've been accepted into the Character Animation course! Anyone else here who applied/got accepted?

edit: too dumb to live, obviously...

Last edited by Kjesta; April 30th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Kjesta. Do you mean Character Animation course? ;] I got accepted to Computer Graphic Art course.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, yes, I meant Character Animation, not Character Design. It's been a long day, I suppose?

Congratulations on being accepted! So I guess we're going to see each other in August?

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks! Right back at you. Looks like we will, if I don't kill myself during summer. Planning an exciting one before the hard work at the AW ;]

Saw someone else preparing a portfolio for it around here, so it shouldn't be just two of us.

Members who have read this thread: 6