Albert Speer
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Albert Speer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Albert Speer

I'm looking for any images of Alber Speer's architecture.

Or any sketches/architecture from the Fascist Movement.

Mainly the concept they had of the National Railroad Station.

Thanx

:chug:

Last edited by Sammy; December 9th, 2003 at 05:09 PM.

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why?

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe because speer was one of the most impressing architects of modern times?
    honestly, you can talk and talk and talk about nazi ideology and the aesthetics they used but once you actually stand before a remnant of their architectural monuments, you'll shut up.
    i noticed this several times when i went for certain locations... it's the type of impact that hammers you into the dust like a gothic cathedral, although on a different level.

sammy: sorry, i used to have quite a bunch of speer stuff on my hd, lost it in a hd crash, though
    maybe this site can help you a bit, i found it some time ago:
    http://www.dataphone.se/~ms/speer/welcom.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx Gekitsu, Click and save all those images to my inspiration folder :beer:

That's really the only website I can find with Speer's work, it's a shame that there's so little. I've found some images frome a book of mine, but still not much. Seems that a lot of people here don't like to think that Hitler's NAZI friend was the most influential architect on us. :huh:

I'm jelouse that you've gotten to see his stuff. I've promised myself that one day I'll get so see it.

Have you ever seen the sketch he did of that Mecha Railroad-Station? That shit blew me away, an art proffesor had an image of it. When I saw it I saw tht it had the kind of power that most sci-fi tries to aim at. I can see a lot of his influence in star wars and most games of today.

my website

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, i wouldn't go so far as to say that he was THE most influential architect on us but his work is indeed mindblowing. i think it does look like wagner music in concrete or stone.
    do you have a pic of that railroad station? i'd love to see it.

as for him being or not being a nazi: wagner was antisemitic and composed the greatest operas ever to be heard, michael moynihan of blood axis fame has a view of the world that does not match my own but he makes dang great music, jimi hendrix mastered the guitar but was a hippie... so what.
    it's just like i can enjoy a gothic cathedral without being christian.

a side note: seeing nazi buildings in reality is a pretty easy feat, as long as you live in germany

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oops, sorry no he's not the most influential architect (one of the most) ... but here in Alabama where i am now there's a lot of influence in the more political structures.. and hell I can see why, powerful stuff!

If I get an image of that railroad-station I will post it, it's really quite breathtaking and more sci-fi than the most sci-fi you can think of.

I imagine you've seen some cool stuff! Have you ever gotten to see "The Truimph of the Will" documentary??

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    only parts of it, sadly. interest in these things makes you labelled a nazi faster than you could draw a swastika on your forehead, here in germany.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really? .. sux

I just wached it tonight.. very interesting.. and lots of manipulation goin on.

Can learn a lot from it, hehe , *DON DON DON*!!!!
    :evilbat:

Endless budgetts ha! more projects should have that.

still no sign of the railroad station designs : \
    I left my History book back at school...

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think you should try to get your hands on the dvd containing leni riefenstahl's film about the olympiad in berlin - you might like it. the camera angles and ways to capture the action were groundbreaking baxk in the days when she did the film. these techniques are still in use when filming sports.

there's no question, a lot of manipulation going on in "triumph des willens" but in the end, that's what a propaganda film is for. as illustrators and painters, we can learn a lot from that in terms of shapes, leading the eye, conveying message etcetera.
    even lion king had its share of leni riefenstahl shots, the most obvious of them being when the hyenas walk by scar while his song is played. everything of gladiator that plays in rome is leni riefenstahl almost take by take (the rest is conan 1 almost take by take).

do you know for which city that railroad station was planned? i might ask my former history teacher about it when i meet him again. he's a knowledge freak about nazi stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi.

i just wanted to know the reason. If it is purely as an aesthetically driven wish to see the buildings, that's no problem of course! Just as long as everybody is careful not to embrace the ideology behind the buildings...

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been lookin' for her Olympiad DVD for a while now, does it have a name in german? maybe I can find if I knew its German name.
    She's had a major impact, they pretty much have classes on her here at school, in the film department.
    Riefenstahl was a master at propaganda she did a good job of making everything so 'seductive'.... Everyone was also so happy too, even after a huge 'violent' speach she show'd how happy the people were, with some simple editing of course.

Erik: I'm interested in aesthetically how the architecture conveyed the ideology. The buildings alone seduced many people. Lots of power and seduction that I'm trying to incorporate into some of environmental designs I'm tryin' to work up.
    Pretty innocent designs I'm not tryin' to perform genocide with my sketching.

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Erik, no offence, but I don't think Sammy's request is a sign of the rebirth of the Nazi party.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    probably not. but curiosity never hurts

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the concern anyways.
    You don't have to worry, I'd make an effiminate pretty-boy pussy-assed Hitler.

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for diggin out this old thread but i just wanted to add something for sammy:

you may find the titles of all leni riefenstahl work and their publications at www.leni-riefenstahl.de
    the olympiad dvds in german are called "fest der völker" and "fest der schönheit".
    not only was she a master of propaganda, she in general knew her medium, film and photography, pretty well. i personally don't think she even did propaganda actively as a means to influence people but did her work from a more aesthetical point of view (which of course mixed well with the propaganda aspect). someone who was into propaganda as a direct means to influence people was goebbels, hitlers propaganda minister and star speaker.

after war, leni riefenstahl caught attention through her photography work and was celebrated world wide for her work about the nuba and her underwater photography. well, all over the world expect germany. in germany, there are too many politically correct assholes who talked trash about her being a nazi propaganda icon...
    peace to her ashes.

(ps.: damn, i could bite me own arse... a relative of mine was her heighbor and promised me that when i visit him in munich next summer, he'll go over with me to visit her and now she dies. *sob*)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.