please help !! which course / university ...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

please help !! which course / university ...

Hey everyone !!

lately i have been worrying myself sick feeling very insecure about my future etc. , been researching a lot and about what im capable of and what im interested in doing etc. I am presently 19 years old but i am in my 3rd year (6th semester of 8 ) of computer science and engineering (software development) . i took up the B. tech. degree course three years back thinking that i could maybe get into some cool sort of programming , maybe like game programming and sorts ... but recently i have found myself addicted to art and very interested in game art and design . i have been into art , sketching and doodling for a while now but started taking art very seriously like just more than an year ago when i joined conceptart.org , am presently into 2D art for now and am about to come out with a complete portfolio , have never ever taken any sort of art classes before , completely self taught and im trying hard to improve ... I am also about to start an intensive certificate course in 3D animation which ill try to manage while college and hopefully before the next 18 months or so (when i get my full degree ) i will have learned 3D art and hopefully get a portfolio out of it (to maybe even help me out with scholarships later on )....
    As far as programming is concerned , i have been learning higher physics , Maths , computer graphics using c,c++ , artificial intelligence etc. and found out that a lot of the course is similar to game programming , although i might know software development by the end of it , i do not know much implementation of that in gaming ... although i am a VERY fast learner when it comes to computer languages and such ...

As it had all began here at conceptart.org , which has been my teacher etc. throughout , i thought maybe i could get a bit more guidance here ...
    I was thinking about preparing myself and setting myself up for getting into a good post graduation course , which would perhaps help me out as a technical artist (an artist who also knows programing to an extend ) or some course which would cover all aspects of gaming (including art , level design and programming ) but specialize in art ... mainly so that i dont have to do a monotonous programmers/software developers/maintenance job right after my B.tech but instead straight away head for higher education ...
    i have been told by many people that the field of art does not really require a degree to back it up but a solid portfolio but i feel like such a noob and very low on confidence as i have none yet ... that said , i still have the will to get into art professionally and would like some guidance about a good course that i should set myself up for which would not waste my software development programmers degree and still focus on art !!! after racking my brains and spending hours on the internet , im not sure that there really is such a course in game development or designing , is there , or am i just aiming wayyy to high ??? any help would be appreciated ...
    thanks
    -v

Last edited by vibhas_virwani; February 3rd, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.