Dynamic and Creative Fantasy Illustrator Needed for Children's Book of Short Stories
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dynamic and Creative Fantasy Illustrator Needed for Children's Book of Short Stories

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dynamic and Creative Fantasy Illustrator Needed for Children's Book of Short Stories

Update: Still Looking for a Few More Artists before I close this application.

I am looking for an illustrator to collaborate on the first of several children's books I'm writing. I'm looking for an artist skilled in drawing goblins, fairies, mythical creatures, and especially children. I really want a strong style, it doesn't have to be realistic, but it does have to be unique.

Payment for each piece is negotiable based on deadlines and quality.

I'm looking for something interesting and fun, so let your imaginations run wild.

Interested candidates should mail me a link to their portfolio including specific links to relevant items. Do not include attachments. I'm going to be ruthless this time in selecting an artist so please follow these instructions.

Email me at: imp @ bottledimpgames.com

Please Note: That after being let down on several occasions (costing me both considerable time and money) I will no longer be paying an advance on this project. I have excellent references from nearly ten years of commissioning art (available on request), but this will be payment on completion of project. I've simply been let down too many times and had too many projects fall apart. Work will be required in installments, but please do not apply if you cannot complete the work.

Last edited by Stuart_Renton; February 10th, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: To make the advert a bit more appealing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantasy is the world I live in. I would be very interested in working on this. I you would be kind enough to send me a few sections of the story so I can get a better idea of what you're looking for.

http://www.conceptart.org/index.php?...ce&cat=updated
    http://lucifereternal.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    E-mail sent. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Email sent ... hope you see somethig that appeals to you ... let me know if youd like some specific samples done so you can see how id fit with you.

http://www.conceptart.org/?artist=jokazim

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Email sent, hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you have an estimate as to how many illustrations one book will be, and do you mean payment is after the whole book is completed or payment is after each installment is completed?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by paramnesia View Post
    Do you have an estimate as to how many illustrations one book will be, and do you mean payment is after the whole book is completed or payment is after each installment is completed?
    This is a great set of questions, and yes I can answer them!

First, I want this to be an organic book. I'm looking initially for a close working relationship with the artist, which means we can discuss each story in order to get the best amount of art. I'd like some full page, some things to cross multiple pages, and some small pieces for individual pages.

Payment for the first story will be paid within seven days of completion of the art (usually much quicker depending on how you want payment - if I have to send a Moneygramme it's a bit slower as I have to leave the house).

Hope that answers your questions. This will NOT be a simple: I tell YOU what to do project. I'd expect the artist to read the stories carefully and to help me decide what art would be perfect and where.

Quick Edit: This is a project where I want to work far more closely with the artist than I ever have before. I want to get their feedback on the stories and to really work closely together to get the best possible art and direction. Above all else, I really want it to be a fun project for us both and certainly don't want it to be all me me me telling you what to do. I want this to be a beautiful piece of work and hopefully, will get the best artist to bring these short stories to life.

Last edited by Stuart_Renton; February 7th, 2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Updating requirements (I like to talk)...

BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Stuart,

Sent you an email earlier. Cheers and all the best!

-Marc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to everyone that has entered so far. I've had just shy of 100 applications. I'll start replying to the applicants once I reach 100, so if you don't get a reply from me in the next 48 hours, it's because I didn't receive your application - mail me again.

Regards and thanks to everyone who took the time to email me.

But DON'T stop applying. I've had a wonderful number of artists, but I still want to hear from a few more.

Last edited by Stuart_Renton; February 10th, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Email sent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final update: I've now narrowed down the list of applicants to a short list, and will be speaking to them all individually.

Thanks to everyone who applied. You've still got 48 hours if you want to submit an application. I'll ask for this to be closed on Monday.

I am in the gruelling and properly heart-breaking process of emailing everyone with rejections. You're all such a wonderful and talented bunch... If you haven't heard from me by Monday, can you please mail me, as it's possible I never received your original request or that you've been missed off my list.

Last edited by Stuart_Renton; February 13th, 2009 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    please have look on my work on my blog http://satishtayade80.blogspot.com/
    if it is suitable for your job please contact me
    satish tayade
    tayade.29@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Stuart,
    I'm Alex Pereira, cartoonist and illustrator from São Paulo, Brazil,
    and I'm sending my portfolio (blog), with some of my cartoons.
    Best Regards,
    Alex Pereira

http://alexpereiracartoons.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you already relpied to me about this job, but if you arent finding what you need. Id be happy to take a stab at something different than what you see on my sketchbook.

take care

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, please see my work at http://satishtayade80.blogspot.com/
    i can give you different strong style, which may be different than anyone else
    Pl. contact me if you are interested
    satish tayade
    tayade.29@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all

Thanks so much for all the entries. To say I've been overwhelmed this week with last minute entries would be an understatement.

But I cannot accept any more applications, so please consider this job offer closed. I'll try and post some art when the project is underway.

Thanks to everyone who applied.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart_Renton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As the job is filled I'll close the thread.

Members who have read this thread: 2