Creature sketches
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Creature sketches

I am a student in game design and am currently in the process of developing my portfolio. I need to know if the following creatures appear anatomically sound, or if there's anything I should add/take away from them.

The first is just an enemy monster/alien. It's about 8 feet tall. I doubt that the pointed stick-legs could work in real life, but it seemed interesting at the time.

The second creature serves as a mode of transportation for the inhabitants of a world I'm creating. It stands about 6 feet high at the shoulder.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Blackrend; February 2nd, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need to know if the following creatures appear anatomically sound, or if there's anything I should add/take away from them.
    I would say the anatomy is so-so.

Your creatures are done from imagination, yet, if im not mistaken, your purpose is to make 'em look convincing?
    Then theres no way around it, you need to refer to something already existing.

It wont lessen the originality of your ideas but rather help you back up your drawing of totally made up animals with very down-to-earth informations
    and thus make them more believable (once again if we assume that is your purpose).
    So yeah look up the anatomy of a few animals that you consider to be rather close to your creatures and use the informations you get to make your concept solid.

On a side note, i also recommend you to add a character or some element of which proportions are familiar to the viewers so as to give them a hint of the scale.
    It'll sure help you make the four legged creature look exactly the size you want without having to say everytime:
    It stands about 6 feet high at the shoulder.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited by SM; February 2nd, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, I looked at some real-life animal references and made a few adjustments, but I'm still not seeing where the anatomy is flawed.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Blackrend; February 3rd, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.