The Ringling Thread - Page 13
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The Ringling Thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by sparky | emily
    heck, don't even go to a school. Just get drunk off your ass on the street.
    Well... you've got to rememeber that college girls are easy

Last edited by MurkyDreams; March 17th, 2004 at 11:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What an interesting way to string me along further...
    So today is what? The 17th? And Ringling told me I should be getting a response a month ago? Well woo. I finally was able to contact the elusive Eric Caster (a man who may or may not be a very well developed recording). I'm all set for the official response, straight from the man himself. And the verdict is, after a month of suspense...
    I might, might have gotten in.
    Yes you heard me correct. He didn't just give me a maybe. He gave me a maybe on the maybe. He said I've PROBABLY been WAITING LISTED. He won't be SURE about the MAYBE until what he's PRETTY SURE will be a week.
    Dear god, the vague of these people.
    Oh and when I finally do get my official response of who knows, it will not tell me what place in line I'm in. Eric had NO idea when they'd be able to tell me that. But I won't receive a definative rejection letter until... May 1st.
    This'll be a thrilling wait. For christ's sakes I could be 255th on the waiting list and have my dumbass fingers crossed for another god damn month. A boat load of people aren't going to get into Ringling and decline. This is retarted.
    But hey, maybe I'll get in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by danteort

Just so you know, bankruptcy no longer eliminates federal student loans. Only death will eliminate them.
    You can always fake your own death.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello a new pic from the movie i've been working on lately hop you guys like it

new image

give a man a fish and he will have fish give a man a shoe and he will have a shoe tomorrow will lie to you so it is best to have died today
    my daily sketchbook

and my new portfolio web site!
    My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good News for you guys, bad news for me:

I talked to the dean of students today and he says I'm being kicked out of the Quad because so many freshman transfer students requested to be moved to the quad that he must now provide 7 suites for them in the Quad. This means that if you are entering Ringling as a freshman, but you have transfer credits, and are older than a traditional freshman, you can ask to be placed in the Quad.

The rooms will be 2 bed 2 bath triples, which means that one person will get a small private room and a private bathroom, and the other 2 people will share a large bedroom and bathroom. All three will share a kitchen and living room. Theses are the nicest appartments on campus. You get free cable in every room, and best of all, they're CHEAPER than freshman halls! A 2 bed 2 bath triple is $1,785 per person, and since you have a kitchen, you probably won't be required to have a meal plan.

If I were one of you, I would contact student life about this now, because probably no other students know about it yet.

Hope you guys have fun taking over my room. I'll be over in the Bayou not sleeping...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    furryspork- look at the upside, all this lack of sleep will prepare you for your next 3 years at ringling. when i sent in my housing form i acc asked for a single at cove cause i heard it quieter. although i heard the major drawback is the nice walk accros campus to get to classes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I talked to student life today too, they said that older students coming in as freshman are having space set aside for them in the cove. They hope by putting all of them in one area that it will make the cove a quieter living area. Heres to hoping.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! anyone in here looking for a roomie who sleeps kinda lateish (2am) and doesnt smoke/drink etc, plays games and whatever msg me! ^_^

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
    - Pablo Picasso
    :dA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How fast does the good housing go? I had to ask for an extension, and I'm afraid I'm gonna end up in a horrible, loud dorm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey agentj i would be interested email me

give a man a fish and he will have fish give a man a shoe and he will have a shoe tomorrow will lie to you so it is best to have died today
    my daily sketchbook

My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright did a little calling myself

Bayou doesnt have as much room as they would hope for, but Cove is open to many freshmen transfer students. I asked what they would define as "older" students and she says roughly 21 and higher. Mmm damn I'm 18 almost 19ish

Now as far as transfer goes:

Im a sophmore >_< But there is no room in the sophmore class so I go in as Freshman And having met all my liberal arts classes im litterarly going to be sitting there, on my ass, doing nothing, UNLESS i start taking some other prereqs - ilike i dont have any science or art history mm...
    *checks catalog* hehe i met so man y requirements ;Z so yeah for those "two liberal arts courses" im going to be taking something like.. underwater basket weaving.

which really bothers me because i got tp ay to take BS classes.

I could go part time the first semster and just pay 900$ a credit (JESUS!!!!!!!, its 45$ for community, like 100$ for uni and like 175$ for priv uni wherei go)..

^_> shit shit ill figure something out

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
    - Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    agentJ- dont bank on anything till you get audit sheet. i was in school full time for 4 years before here and i still have a few liberal arts classes to take.

i live in the cove and its not bad at all. a little bit of a walk to campus though. life is much easier living on campus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the good war please email/call/im/snail mail me please! im sending my housing ina few days so.. Ill call you if i have to

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another question to toss out there...

Can anyone explain the CORE year a bit more in depth? The course descriptions are really vague. like the one for time and light -"investigates issues of color and light, and of sequence and seriality in designing time" HUH? From what I have heard CORE is just an overview of arts with lots of drawing and painting. But what exactly are the classes. Any really lame ones? Just want to know what I am jumping in to for first year.

also I heard a rumor that CA majors don't have to take some of the CORE program. They take some other classes instead. Any truth to that?

So whats the dilly on CORE?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's another one too ^_^ : what does ringling give to you in return? Not education, im talking at 32,000$ do we get anytthing else? Lectures, presentations, etc? My school cost 17,000$ a year and they give us presentations, lectures, free ettiquette dinners (teaches you how to eat "properly" ), they sent us to cirque du soleil nearly for free.. we have visiting artist every other week more or less, we get puppeteers and other cool people to entertain us sometimes (we had a lepricon with face painting for example on st pat's day)

just asking - what does RSAD do for student life etc? I mean at 32,000$ SOME of that has to go to something other that computers, lecturers, and professors?

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know over the summer we had a few of guest speakers and we went to local artist's studios, but that's a whole different thing. I know Kevin Llewellyn was at Ringling a few weeks ago, and I bet they have visiting artists regularly.

But honestly, I'm not going to Ringling for the puppet shows and etiquette dinners.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was really hoping for puppeteers and lepricons

my daily sketchbook

My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah seriously wtf i demand a refund ^_^

No i'm just asking about student life. Thats all. If any exist outside labs that is :p

Last edited by agentJ; March 22nd, 2004 at 12:22 AM.
    - Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes of course students have a life.... just not the CA majors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :eek:

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blargh omg dont even mention the lectures. Every friday of precollege they coralled us all like cattle into the lecture hall and turned the lights down just enough to make you drowsey, and then theyd bring in a speaker with the most monotone voice youve ever heard. I wanted to stay awake for some of them but I couldnt for the life of me accomplish such a feat. We even had a few that would lie down on the floor, lets hope the lectures during the regular school year are a bit less sleep inducing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't really enjoy that lecturer. But some lectures seem really interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went down to Ringling with a friend on Friday and had a tour. I learned a few interesting things.. The most interesting was that they are planning to open up some concept development, traditional animation and/or storyboarding type courses that are part of the CA major to other majors as electives very soon (the impression I got was it is in the works currently, so should be available in the next few semesters). That excited me, since I'm mostly interested in 2-d design and I am leaning towards illustration.

As for CA majors having no life.. the tour guide said that they actually close "the cave" (CA computer lab) at midnight because of health reasons... they want to encourage CA majors to spend some time sleeping. :eek: lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    umn yes that was a lecture but it wasnt the kind of lecture agentj is talking about, that was art history class.... they were trying to give a feel for the more academic side of ringling but the guy lets you draw while he talks so not all bad... and acc he may have a monotone voice but it was acc some interesting stuff, and im not a big fan of history class

and yes there are good lectures...i remeber when i visited i missed a lecture from ILM by 1 day, and i think that kinda of thing isnt to uncommon

edit: velo beat me to posting by one minite..... yeah but allot CA majors work on there own computers... and allot of people work at home completly.. the advantage of the labs is your have your classmates for tech support... yeah, i was half way kidding about the no life thing btw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "the cave":rofl: i think i have already created my own"cave" at home

my daily sketchbook

My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I call it my own hobbit hole ^_^

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok let me paint this for you: we
    are
    poor

So I called RSAD again today and asked if their grants etc can cover room and board, if any of the loans can do anything to help.

Nadda

>_<

April 1st the scholarships are mailed out. I decided NOT to send my confirmation. I'm waiting to see what aid I am offered if any. If I can't get anything and nothing can work out with the loans well damn I might not go.

Sorry :| Here's me being hopeful I get something tho!!

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: Damn.

Originally posted by agentJ

If I get accepted. I'm going.

If I don't. I won't get mad. I'll just work harder. Unless I'm physically impeded I will draw every day and damnit I will be an animator, story teller, someone something somehow. And that's final.

AGENTJ!!!!!

I want people in this financial mess with me, safety in numbers. If we all go and make sure we all do our best we are going to be fiiiiinnnnnnne... right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit man you hit on the nail, your right..

^_> Alright! Well I just sent off my extentsion. Doesn't mean I have denied anything, just waiting and seeing what I get in financial aid. Cides I need a break from all this for a day or two ^_^

Shit though, couldn't have come this far to fail now right? Here's me waiting and seeing what the future brings ^_^

I dont got money. Thats all. Time to raid fastweb.com...

- Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know what.. you are right.

So how are we all paying for it? My plan is to get a Sallie Mae Signature Loan and go from there... Gonna try and room up with the good war, got him already selected and stuff. Just anxiously awaiting what aid they give me.. Loans don't usually cover room and board and I might have to take out another private one on my own...

My brother's friend offered a room for me, he lives about 30minutes north of campus. I might take him up on it if I cna't pay for my housing :| SOorry the good war, just matters on how im paying for it ^_^ Solutions will be found!

- Pablo Picasso

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5