Sketchbook: Pitabread's sketchbook: Back to basics
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Pitabread's sketchbook: Back to basics

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pitabread's sketchbook: Back to basics

'lo everyone. This is actually my second attempt at a sketchbook here. My first was back in 2007, when I attempted to turn drawing into a daily routine. Unfortunately, that made it too much like work, I got burnt out, and then put the pencil down for over a year-and-half.

But I decided to change all that. I have a new attitude towards art now. I'm not in this to be a professional. I'm not in this to try to match skills with the artists I admire (many of them here). I'm in this to draw what I enjoy drawing and have fun. I'm also trying to experiment more without worrying how things look or what people think. Basically, I'm trying to take all the pressure off, draw because I love it and let the results take care of themselves.

That said, I do want to improve, especially after such a long haitus and with a lot of built-up rust. I welcome critiques in this regard, which is why I'm here. Learning is never a bad thing and that's what I hope the rest of the (very skilled) artists here can provide.

I just picked up a new Intuos3 to replace my old Intuos, and also ordered a new scanner. So soon I should have some pencil sketches and what-not up.

In the mean time, here's an attempt at a digital painting (still WIP) with the new tablet. Still getting used to the bigger size. Photoshop, freehanded from reference. Helpful critiques welcome!

edit: Decided to post this in the critique forum.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pitabread; January 30th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice start your skill with a tablet is already above mine, iv'e juuuust started. i like your attitude towards art, it must make it all very satisfying and fun, i shall try and adopt somthing similar

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L0rin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the kind words L0rin. Good luck with your own art.

As for me... I HAS A SCANNER!

So here are a handful of sketches from the past week. Also attached is a quick speedpaint. After not drawing for almost 2 years I have some serious rust to shake off, more than I thought I would.

Oh well, back to practicing!

Attached Images Attached Images            

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.