Chow 145 :: VOTING :: Supervillain Self-Portrait - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is evilest of us all?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 11.67%
  • 9 3.50%
  • 15 5.84%
  • 13 5.06%
  • 9 3.50%
  • 55 21.40%
  • 150 58.37%
  • 32 12.45%
  • 52 20.23%
  • 5 1.95%
  • 2 0.78%
  • 85 33.07%
  • 51 19.84%
  • 32 12.45%
  • 3 1.17%
  • 25 9.73%
  • 43 16.73%
  • 41 15.95%
  • 9 3.50%
  • 13 5.06%
  • 29 11.28%
  • 37 14.40%
  • 124 48.25%
  • 9 3.50%
  • 10 3.89%
  • 2 0.78%
  • 5 1.95%
  • 72 28.02%
  • 7 2.72%
  • 26 10.12%
  • 9 3.50%
  • 29 11.28%
  • 46 17.90%
  • 2 0.78%
  • 6 2.33%
  • 70 27.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chow 145 :: VOTING :: Supervillain Self-Portrait

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    voted yesterday every body is rock'n !
    anyone have any advise on getting on the poll in regards to my entry i dont really care about winning id just like to be able to bring up my level of work
    supervillain threadhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=148859

Last edited by SMILEFACE; February 3rd, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK. Arbitrarily limiting myself to 1/4 of the entries, which makes nine.
    Those are:

Adam Schumpert: Magnificent lighting and a wonderful background. Really gives a sense of the character.
    Goog: Two things which I myself aspire to in life: a badass throne and a harem. Good on ya!
    Tugelbend: Superb work, just great, but one thing: what's with making their breasts explode? I mean really, is that the kind of place a healthy mind is supposed to go?
    Ryoulou: Very nice angle and lighting. I like your sense of how light reflects off the metal.
    John Shamburger: Your feel for drapery is magnificent, I want to learn how to do that! One thing: the blue light reflecting off the left side of your face seems at odd with the light emitted from the sceptre in your right hand. Sorry, picking nits...
    Baxter: Good job conveying the likeness through such a stylized method.
    Trevor: [ insert effusive praise here ]
    Villa: There's so much personality in this one, and I love the rough, gritty look and the desaturated colors.
    Hungryan: This one made me laugh out loud.

Comments to some of the rest:

Nether:
    Good likeness, cool design and fantastic use of minions (each one was rendered individually, right?), but I'd have varied the colors and values a little more in the foreground, and given the character a bit more of a dynamic pose. This one feels a bit stiff.
    deadred: Gorgeous image, but it doesn't quite read as a villain.
    JessiBean: Let me just start out by saying that I always feel a little petulant criticizing my heroes, but here goes. As always, the technical execution is pitch perfect, but as a few others have noticed, it doesn't quite come through as a villlain. Maybe a necklace of ears or an East India Company crew bound in the background, awaiting a terrible fate.
    Sentinel13: Same thing. The character just seems a little too sympathetic. That's the trouble with this particular challenge as a self-portrait. You've just got an innocent face ( as compared to some of the hideous mugs I've seen around here, my own included).

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtgauvin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome entries, goddamn.

gtgauvin
    Hey, it's a supervillain! And I thought it's a funny idea

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wassermelone View Post
    I think you are putting too much emphasis on DC/Marvel spandex clad supervillains.

You can't tell me that these two are not supervillains.

um!! sorry, not sure if i understand the argument here

TRog is offline I just ate my reference! Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of spiffing entries, peeps!

Voted for

Nether: Commanding the vast armies of the Netherworld, the Galactic Supermaster will press for utter subjugation of all those who don't see the green light. Nice comicbook feel.
    deadred: My favourite image; not quite a supervillainess, but gorgeously rendered. 'The Golden Compass' gone horribly wrong. In a fun way.
    JessiBean: Simply love the colour scheme of green, gold, red and black. Not all that evil looking a character, but superbly rendered artwork.
    Vorace: "Come, get your fill of whipped cream, you little twerp!" Nice comicbook feel for this sinister dude.
    Ryuloulou: Nice 'underwater kingdom' colour scheme. More of a Queen of Atlantis than a supervillain, but lovely rendered.
    Trevor: Got the supervillain aspect down very nicely.
    Hungryan: A fun villain, if ever there was one. Nice idea, watched it at least seven times

If it is worth doing, it is worth doing well.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

almost there

Voted for (subjective ) : rendering: Greg Taylor, Dreadred, Artofinca
    mood: stoat
    originality: Hungarian, Nadiamoon
    real villain: Villa :-) (also another categories)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothique For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lot of great entries so I'm not sorry my evil me is not in the poll.
    Voted for:
    shannanigan for the style, concept
    hungryan for technical innovation, coolness
    Stoat for the most evil look!
    Since I'd decided to vote only 3 entries, I'd like to mention Baxter for the most sinister look and Clochette for trying so hard to be evil in a pinkish way

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anamirela For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (Sorry for the bad English...)
    First of all, it is really an honor that I made it in the poll although it was my first CHOW and I only had 2 days for the piece
    (Plus--- I've seen my drawing for the first time on a different monitor yesterday... Horrible V__V)

There are so many awesome drawings, it was really not easy to decide who'll I should vote for.

My self made limit was 5 and I voted for

Shannanigan: Awesome style. And the idea's outstanding. She looks so evil ;D
    Hungryan: Because the idea is really unique and the likness between your reference and the final character is impressive - especially because of the stylized drawing style.
    Deadred: There's a cute panda..... and a bad panda... and a really evil looking girl plus beautiful colors. How can I not click the "vote" button?
    Baxter: He looks so mean. I got a faible for this drawing style so... I pressed the "vote" button. The composition in the background's nice.
    Trevor: I really had to laugh about the attached lighter. I like such personal details and I think, they're important to create a good character. Beautiful details and colors and an amazing background. But could it be, that the upper part of his right arm is a little bit too short?
    Wassermelone: What should I say? Awesome brushwork, although the character itself isn't the most creative one (some more personal details would have been awesome), the whole drawing's so impressive I can't help but pressing the "vote" button.
    Dirkvandulmen: I laughed so hard about you picture. I maybe liked the first version of the face a tiny little bit more but you'll still deserve my vote. Beside your really cool drawing style I love how you painted the different textures and the lovely poisonous color combination.

Wait... *counts her votes* did I say I'll only vote for 5? Well... ;P

Of course, there were more drawings I really liked so here some more comments
    Sentinel13: Beautiful work. I love, how you drew the coat. She only doesn't look evil enough for me. Just angry.
    Flamable: You developed an interesting character but for a supervillain, he doesn't seem evil enough. Maybe, you can overwork it a little bit, add the feet and put a little bit more time in the monkeys and the background.
    Villa: Just one word: Impressive.
    Flipnastywebby: You did a great job with all the details around his body. But as I wrote in the WiP-thread. In my opinion, he isn't a supervillain, he more looks like the victim of one.
    JessyBean: Cute (but sadly not evil enough) chick and an awesome drawing.
    Stoat: Impressive face. I would change over the road if I meet you with this facial expression.
    tim: The face cracked me up. That's really a incalculable supervillain. You just could have put more time in the Character design of your henchmen.
    Vorace: Funny drawing style. The face's really expressive! And I like the cute pastel colored background.
    Matjosh: The idea behind the character's nice. Your piece only lacks of a proper background, that's why I didn't vote for it. The turtle is so cute *laughs* And I love how you drew the face.
    John Shamburger: Mean face. A really classy bad guy. Reminds me of this beautiful, old fariy tale movies.

edit: I almost forgot, I would appreciate some constructive critics for my entry, so I'll be able to make it better next time D:

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Felida For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for
    dead red
    beautiful pic
    funny powers
    not very super villain-ish but its beautiful
    stoat
    comedy so good
    jessie bean
    great color god angle
    good balance between line art and painting
    would have loved to see more of a twist on it but its great
    and
    sentinel 13 (most super villian like out of all of them i think)
    good round people
    i think its already over hahahahahha

ill see if i can make time for crits this week
    some really good ideas in here

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trevor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, what a fun topic! Lots of hard work and great images
    this week. Great job everybody.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the comments and crits
    and thanks Tetrodotoxin, for the Happy Birthday
    I had a pretty good one.

It was very difficult to limit my votes this week
    there where so many good ones. So I voted for a
    whole bunch.

I hope everyone had as much fun with this one as I did
    looking at the artwork produced I would think so.

take care,
    Adam

WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Felida :: thank you for the feedback. I see what you are saying and heres where it comes from.

I useually dont start these till friday, maybe even thursday if im not slammed from the week. I do this because it gives me some time to see how far out there artist are taking their images. I could have easily rocked something that looks like the next marvel super hero but i wanted to take it in another direction. I thought one of the most nasty super villains would be one that is just pure destruction. everything that comes in contact with it is ripped apart by its sheer hatred and rage. Hence why it looks so sad and in pain because all it knows it to destroy. Plus this was a wide open CHOW, I really thought more of the artist ( especially the artists who win these things left and right) would have something more to bring to the table.

that being said.....deadred, i love the panda, no one else thought of something like that, tip of the hat.

trevor....tight suite, nice details, very video game supervillain. i love it. I wanted mine to be smoking too....doesn't work when youre a harbinger i guess

Adam
    .... as a preface, im not saying you copied someone, im just saying that it is a very familiar image. I also thought you could have really pushed the clothing more. It looks unfinished to me.

nadiamoon
    ....this is what i was talking about. heres the box, and you are way out side of it. I was excited when i saw your concept. I think you can refine it more and use it later as a portfolio piece in conjunction with other works of the similar nature.

jessibean.... great painting, and im sure you are busy, but if you are gonna do this, rock it. your potential for phenomenal images is already above most, dont hold back by painting something safe next time

Villa .... favorite hands down. I would love to fight that guy! He would launching cannons at me, swords would surround you as if they had a mind of their own. Dude great Idea! colors a bit muted but, still sexy in that scruffy looking nerf hurter style. if we only had one vote i would have voted for you.

wassermelone
    ... nice colors. but dude, heres the thing; it looks like a rip from fullmetal alchemist, where he makes the spear out of sand. so it doesnt look like a super villain. it looks like an old edward elrich with a flashy coat. Im sorry to be critical but thats immediately what i saw.

Xunegyan
    ...sorry if i spelled your name wrong. It looks like something right out of the new massive black annual. pretty much it fits with the characters from "ride to hell"

sentinel 13 great angle, nice colors, very typical of what we know as super villains but it was painted very well. I think you can refine the swirl of ice a bit more. It looks like you forced it to fit the page instead of cropping the image. more circular movement i think would draw your eye more into the villain and make her....you...look more menacing. almost like you cant escape.

vorace...interesting color choice. I enjoyed the drawing in black and white. nice detailing. it was a rushed job like you said so i wont get too critical. good use of color still though man. great big bushy beard!

hungryan
    ....morphing is awesome! thought you could do a little more with the bad guy detail wise but, it still looks awesome.

OK so, I am sorry if I didnt get to anyone. If you want a full crit on your work please PM me and I'll be glad to go through your piece.

also if you were offended by anything that i said, please dont lash out on the thread, pm me and i can explain furhter if needed. I found the best crits come from the truth sans sugar coating.

and if anyone wants to get back at me....you can always crit my work

quick retraction, if anyone caught it on my finished post ( my fiancee did ) its copyright not copy write.........spelling and I never got along well

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flipnastywebby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    deadred = incredible

I voted for JessieBean's, but do agree on not that evil looking - more expression would of done the trick. I just really liked the pencil work and over all colors used. That got my vote.

I use to be on the outside looking in. Now I'm on the inside looking outside...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmassa Mr. Spect View Post
    voted yesterday every body is rock'n !
    anyone have any advise on getting on the poll in regards to my entry i dont really care about winning id just like to be able to bring up my level of work
    supervillain threadhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=148859
    I'm really surprised yours did not get to poll. I thought it was strong enough definetly. I know why my piece didn't but thats just the stage of digital art I'm at...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to KonnA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eh. I don't think I will write about the other works, because I'm out of energy. Better think about the next CHOW and tomorrow.
    Thanks for everyone for the votes and comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't you just hate it when the power goes out when you've written something really long? It just happened to me, anyway trying again now, this will be a shorter version though. I'm not really good with commenting, so don't expect much constructive feedback here.

Deadred: You got my single vote, seeing as I thought I only could vote for one. You had the overall best piece in my opinion, my favourite concept, and you illustrated it well. What I'd like to see though is a picture of you, too see if it looks alike!

Trevor: Love the composition and the concept man, he truly looks badass. You're truly inspiring, you got yourself a fan.

JessiBean: I love the colours and the overall quality to this piece, though it didn't really hit me as a supervillain. It might just be me being a guy overseeing the evilness due to her being so beautiful though >_>

Tugelbend: Yours put a smile on my face, I like how we see your supervillain perform unleash his power Great dynamic!

dirkvandulmen: That's the fate my laptop also would end up with if I had those lasereye powers! Good laugh and a good painting also, I miss the hair in the final though.

Wassermelone: As I said in the other thread, can't wait for the final! Loving how you did the colours (whoa I'm complimenting a lot on colours here) Great dynamic also!

Adam Schumpert: Love how you made it look like you! You look very pissed off, I guess that's a good thing for this one ;D

DIMAGYAN: Cool concept idea, I'd like to see the acid gel in action though! (oh and green is awesome!)

Sentinel13: Love the detail to the face and the effects. I want to see more though, I get the feeling it's just a piece of a rather awesome larger painting. (which is not a bad thing!)

DecayingLolita: I love the details, especially the clothes and piercings.

I might comment on more later, there's just so many great entries! I'm amazed I even made the poll myself :] And thanks for the votes I got (both of them! )

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ErikStorstein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hungryan:thanks.actually only the face looks like me, but you are right i wanted to make the character like a common guy that happens to be a supervillian.

Flipnastywebby:no problem about the name, looking to my entry now the lettering is a bit ambiguous(the d looks like an x). so "ride to hell"? i guess thats not a bad thing, no? i have to check that works( i see the preview of the massive black artbook but i don't know the works you refer to)

Zilrion:thanks.yes, i should make the power more evident.thanks for the comment.

great round, really good works!

some comments:

ADAM SCHUMPERT:nice image, destruction all around!. the shirt seem a bit too iluminated i think(regarding the rest of the body and the lights sources)

goog:i like the feel of the painting. the colours and the light is very nice.it looks like some kind of "evil lord"

GregTaylor: very dark image.it looks like some kind of "hell knight" very nice image.

NADIAMOON:very original take. im not to sure about what is the thing in the place of her head(doesn't affect the picture,though)
    nice image

NETHER:a very confident type of villian,eh? i like the cover type aproach. the right arm looks a bit small in my opinion.

tugelbend:that's a really sadistic expression! very evil in my opinion.i like the colours and the dynamism of the piece. the onply thing that think don't work too well is the woman on the lower right corner(the one been attacked) it looks almost like a mannequin compared to the rest of the characters. really good work.

deadred:very clean and well conceived image. the pandas are really good...specially the small one with the guns! very good!

dirkvandulmen:thats a very funny image! the expression of the
    face is great!

Stoat:the figure itself and the face are great.plus the good humor.the superior part of the image is bit "full" in my opinion(the flame touching the letters and the edge of the frame)

Felida: i like the feel of the piece.the character is very sinister.the background could a bit more softed in my opinion. nice image

graphuji:i guess that would be an enemy of superman,no? nice image. the body looks a bit small..is he a robot or is just a suit?
    the colours are nice.

JessiBean:great image indeed.love the colour palette. i like the more calm look she has, and the eyes makes you wanders whats going on on her mind.

Sentinel13:great image. very angry expression.

VORACE:great image. the expresion on his face is very good. the general mood is very nice.

Zilrion:nice image. it looks like some villian with personal issues. the background is a bit unfinished i think. keep an eye on the curves and lines that make the form(like in the arm) to make a more believable shape(offset curves and rhythms)i like the overall mood.

Flipnastywebby: destruction and pain.i like the feel of the piece and the idea behind is interesting.

matjosh:
    very relaxed villian.evil in an almost natural calm way. very good figure an gesture.

RYULOULOU:nice image. good costume

masque:i like the result of the paint and the colours. he looks like a mad scientist that no one want to paid for his research.nice image.

John Shamburger: nice image, ilike the costume and the colours.

Decayng lolita: i like the general result. she looks sad and a bit nostalgic so i guess is more of the "idealistic" type of villian(the one with personal scars, that make her turn to that path)

BAXTER:good result. i like the colours and more graphic aproach. i think you could show more of the face due to the nature of this chow.

Trevor:great image and great execution. i like the design of the character and the spinal appendix with the lighter is a good detail.the mood of the piece it works really well.

Artofinca: i like the plastic result of the piece. there is probably to much attention and importance in the lower part of the figure(more texture, strokes,etc) in my opinion(don't affect too much the image,thouugh) nice image.

poison:he looks dark and angry.more variation in colour sheme could help to add richness.nice image overall

Sticman:i like the expression of the face.the perspective don't work quite well, specially the left arm(looks a bit small)nice image

WASSERMELONE:i like the colours and mood.the brush strokes are very nice.the proportions are a bit longer(don't know if that whats your idea)the left leg seems a bit stranger in the bending in my opinion. good image

Famable:nice idea.the background could use more work(specially since is an alley)nice image

Clochete:love the colours and the general feel.the expression is versy good.

Leuparaleu: nice design.the background is nice but im not too sure about covering the feet.

shannanigan: very good image. the characters are very nice. and the villian characters is very expressive.

VILLA:i really like the atmosphere of the painting. the camera angle and gesture of the character are very good.

gtgauvin:a villian whi seeks world domination. thats the impression i get from your picture. the posture of the figure is very nice.the grey of the wall and floor is abit "hard" in my opinion(a bit more of variety could enhance the image i think)

Tim:very nice:i like the army characters.the expression of the character is well done.

HUNGRYAN:very origianl take on the subject. i like the transformation idea.and the sprite animation looks great.great work.

thats all the entries in the poll(i guess) good work everyone...now to the chow 146

Last edited by DIMAGYAN; February 3rd, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DIMAGYAN For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Overall impressions: There were a lot of really, really dark and shadowy works in this CHOW. Too shadowy and dark, in a lot of cases.

I considered technical skill, composition, concept, and how well the works conveyed the concept of villainy.

In the end, the determining factor was: If I saw actual comics with these characters on the shelf at my local comic shop, would I buy the comics?

I voted for: deadred, Stoat, Ryuloulou, and wassermelone.

Close (I didn't want to vote for more than four): Adam Schumpert, Nether, John Shaumburger, and Trevor.

JessiBean and mattjosh's works were extremely well done, but they just didn't look like villains to me.

One comment on one of the pieces that didn't make it to poll:

renard mxdf: I want a Piranha Gun. I want, want, want, WANT a Piranha Gun!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah well, I will eventually workout how to get to the poll.

I admit mine really didnt scream villiany!
    Some constructive C&c on where I went wrong would be appreciated, praps then I'll manage to at least avoid the same mistakes twice!

Some really cool pics this round from everyone!

GiantRibot is offline FOR A BARELY ACCEPTABLE AMOUNT OF JUSTICE!!! Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heh

ran out of time on this one.

ADAM: eff yes. i think we all feel like this at times. just great.

deadred: holy crap. this is amazing. amazing composition and prefect depiction of the somewhat unusual subject matter.

flipnastywebby: amazing. i love the weird, our of control feel here. and it's really well executed.

hungryan: damn this is awesome. i love that old school 16-bit vibe. amazing.

amazing work from everyone.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GiantRibot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have noticed that a comment i made before was a nonsense(due to mi bad english) so here is the correction:

JessiBean:great image indeed.love the colour palette. i like the more calm look she has, and her eyes generates intrigue about her posible plans.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It wold be really nice of those with the most votes to make a comment/critique on the works of those with the less votes , just for the support.

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flamable: nice idea in theory, but they have to be careful. That might make us better artists, and then we'd be a threat to them.

Wow, that was cynical! Think I got too deep into the mindset during this CHOW, I'm seeing conspiracies and power-plays everywhere.

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No that I look back... Hardly any of these are supervillians in the normal sense. Most of these are just villians. A supervillian is usually the head of the villians or the most feared. Mainly the supervillian is very intelligent and usually bossy. My piece was definetly NOT a supervillian. Supervillians have to be ultra evil and overseeing and powerful...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decaying Lolita :: i missed a crit on you last time. I really liked your work this time around, more so because you can see it and you didnt hide both of your hands. you still have some fuzzy areas in your work but with each piece they have been less and less

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you'll have to look for yourselves who i voted for,didn't really limit myself,except by gut feeling again. as in "who of these would work as an adversary to a hero?".
    i think my favourite is adam's,it really captures that "supervillain" feeling. i could well imagine any hero going up against him multiple times. hell,superman would probably have a busy time. very believable concept,i'd probably buy that comic.(technical skill, of course, can still be improved,but you know that )
    bonus votes to stoat (for reminding me of darkwing duck) and shannanigan (that one was just too much fun).

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love a good supervillain, and I was heartbroken I didn't have time to finish an entry for this week. There were so many other entries though, and I had a tough time picking. I decided to limit myself to three:

deadred - How can you say no to evil demon pandas? You just can't.
    ryuloulou - I really liked the expression and style of the piece.
    matjosh - A bit off the mainstream supervillain path, but supervillains come in all kinds of varieties. I really liked this idea, and it's execution.

Like many others have said already, most of the entries this week were really great, but lacked enough malicious intent. Some others were evil enough, but it's my vote and I vote what I like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So many great entries this time, but I was looking at what they where displaying...

Jessibean- This is probably the best image this round around... but it looks like a generic evil(or angry, scorned you have it) pirate... not per se a supervillain :/

Tugelbend would have been an obvious choice, however... He looks like a pissed off superheroe! It's a great(!) image, but where is the villain...?

Trevor- Best image that display a supervillain this time around. got my vote.

Hungryan- got my vote also, just because it's a pixelated animation... it's cool, though normally I wouldn't have voted for it and..well..should it make it to the final cut?`But got my vote

EDIT: HUH?! Hungryan didn't get a vote from me... weird... is multiple-voting off now?
    HE should have a vote from me!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Studio Colrouphobia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Justconner View Post
    Mainly the supervillian is very intelligent and usually bossy.

Well then mine was definitely a Super Villain as I am being very bossy and compared to my incompetent minions I am a genius. LOL!

DeviantART Gallery . . . . . CA Sketchbook . . . . . Social Pariah

Sketch-Group-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named:
    ME! . . . Spaztastic . . . Lakeland . . . Vehkt . . . RealityChek . . . Me,Myself & Me again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone, WOW...I don't know...villainy sure brings out some of the best in artworks!! Yeah, I was so excited about this CHOW, mad that I couldn't join. And THIS is why! Just...just AWESOME!!! Such inspiring works!! I'm almost salivating...

So once AGAIN I vote in one CHOW that's really hard to vote in!! So many goodies I had to narrow it down. I pretty much voted if you looked super-villanous enough to me and if you looked like you in the pic (if you have a ref...cuz even without it I loved WAY too many!) I guess I'm just trying to follow the brief, myself...sorta.

Oh and I'm just mentioning people that are on the voting block. Calling you "him/her" in the actual pic, but I know it's you!!

Um....I'm sorry in advance, but this will be a looooooooong read!! Took me hours to write all this! O_O Then I had to cut out the non-vote feedback...geez! Just know that a lot of the ones that didn't get a vote, it was mainly because I didn't see super-villany there at all. Yet the pics were just amazing!

So here goes:

Stoat: That looks pretty close to you, actually! O_O And this one is another favourite of mine!! She looks to be enjoying the mayhem she's caused already...yeah, I find that an awesome trait of some super villains. What's really cool about her is that she appears innocent with the dress, but her smile is both innocent and calculatingly sinister at once... How you did that, I dunno, but AWESOME!!! O_O Yeah, she'd bring down a nice friendly neighbourhood, alright...

Vorace: Ha! That's you!! ...I'll try hard not to make you mad anytime soon. You could be a supervillain, you could be in a group of supervillains... But I know someone would want you bombarding their enemies. Looks like you would go ca-RAZY doing it! Another fave!

masque: Now the world plays, indeed...looks like NO ONE can change his mind about what he's doing!! He's got a total creepiness, coldness, that I can just envision in a super villain. I'm not sure who's you in that ref pic, but I'm quite sure he resembles you!!

dirkvandulmen: Looove the rendering!! Those humungous muscles work so well! He looks like he's suffering in his super-villany!! Hee hee!! Yep...I'd so do that too with my eyes...stupid applications!! Ha! I love your experiments with expression, too!! Inspiring!

JessiBean: Ahhhh, if there's one thing I love, it's villainous pirate ladies... I'm biased, yeah. XD XD She looks seductive but you KNOW she'd strike fear in someone...I'm sure she'd strike other stuff in them too...uh-oh. Won't get caught on HER ship!! I say that I recognize your face quite well, and not because I want you to spare me...hee hee!

Trevor: I'm surely guessing you look pretty much like that in the face. XD Now, I can totally see you as some crazy super-villain, wreaking havoc like it appears you did. O_O (I'm assuming you did it...I'm tellin'. I am...) I'm surprised if that's not your own brand of cigarette in your fingers there. Lemme say, awesome AWESOMELY amazing detail!! I'm convinced!

GregTaylor: Yeah, I can totally see him as a super villain. O_O Totally freaks me out. Owww, with that sharp thing in his hand!! >_<

Villa: I'm unsure of what a western "spaghetti" villain is, hee! But I'm assuming you got it right! Anyway, I just love this one. Look at the crazy stuff he's got goin' on around him! I bet he'd break someone up just for looking at him!! Oh yeah, and I do believe he'd make a great western super-villain! Impressed! As for the looks, I think he kinda looks like you. Hee hee!

Hungryan: It kinda looks like you, though I think the sprite-ness is throwing me off! XD But wow, he looks like he could be a supervillain...ah, reminds me of so many kooky crazy bosses at the ends of platform levels. Love the red hair. One of my faves!

Baxter-E: The face is scary enough, and he looks...poisonous...VERY. O_O Though I can't see enough of your mouth, I DO see your features in him...oh yeah, that's you alright!! XD *shudder*

Ryuloulou: I wondered what she did! Though I did think it had to do with something of a vaccuum. XD Another fave, I really think she could do some crazy damage to planet, galaxies and my bedroom. O_O Beautiful details, and they capture a subtle ferocity in her. I really wish I could see your face to compare, but I love her nasty smirk anywayz!

Sticmann: Oooh, the one raised eyebrow...I always thought villains did that right! XD I like the angular features on the face, so expressive!! I can see him as a super villain...I wouldn't know whether to be freaked out or naive about what he can do!

DecayingLolita: Yours is one of my favourite looks! Now, she could possibly be a super villain! I feel that curiosity creeping...what would she do...? O_O Oh, I think she looks most like you in the chin. That's neat!

jshamburger: Wherever he is in that pic, it might be a mind-boggling place! Whimsical wear, but I see a strange little glint in his eye... Whoo for evil intentions, yeah!! XD I like the overall detail you put into this, though I think your "powers" need a little more glow!

Nether: Something calm AND calculating about him there!! Oh, he's a super-villain...the slogan makes his expression funny. LOL! If he looks like you in the face, I bet you make some really cool expressions! Excellent linework, by the way!

Adam Schumpert: Took me a moment to decide, but things just popped out to me after awhile: Some strange focus, not looking back. I see a super-villain...man!!I love that. This is such an engaging story waiting to happen here! And he has your look...awesome accuracy!

poison: Totally diggin' that face!! Oh man...scary...very scary. Now, I wish the whole pic weren't so dark, but the colours really bring out an intimidated emotion in me... I think that's so worth praise! And yeah, I'd say you 'n' he are very alike in the face. O_O

t i m: I mightn't eat anything sugary EVER AGAIN with your entry!! >_< Yikes!! I think what scares me more than your smile...heh...are those open-mouthed monsters about to do your bidding! O_O

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang I ended up being a big softee this round, couldn't limit myself to a few, so I ended voting for everybody. They are all so good.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt6b71c.aspx

Spaztastic's world of junk
    And The-SSG-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named!!!
    Realitychecks SB LakeLands SB Me,Myself, and Me again Vehkt's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2