All seeing - WIP and critique wanted, etc

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb All seeing - WIP and critique wanted, etc

Elo.

That character have been bugging me in my head for a while now and it felt good to get her down on paper. There's quite a bit I have to fix and the goldy stuff isn't finished yet and alot more shades/reflections to be done.

Is the eyeball ok? How can I make it look more shiny?

As you see I'm not too familiar with photoshop, nor have I used any other software for digital colouring. If there's any fancypants texture-y stuff you think I could add, please do tell!

I'm thinking about doing some sort of background and I could really need some ideas for what. Just something... simple.

Aye, it's very Kazuma Kaneko (MegaTen series) inspired. *sob*

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sunparasite; February 4th, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting character. I think a background that would explain a bit about the character's story would be nice. For instance, if she is a monster, perhaps a cave? Or a temple if she is a deity? For some reason, she makes me think of Inca gods... perhaps because of the gold.

You could make the eyeballs more shiny by adding more detail and contrast to them. Right now, the eyeballs are entirely bright and flat-looking, like they are painted on her chest. The 'whites' of the eyes are rarely bright white (usually, they are shadowy from the lids and take the tint of surrounding light, which you haven't really defined yet). Only add a touch of brighter highlight to show that the eyeball is shiny and rounded.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Sekino, I tried some of the stuff you mentioned! I liked the idea of a cave or a temple, so I tried to combine both of it. Cave temple or temple cave'ish enviroment.

I've been trying to make the skin look better and that thing on her head. The light thing is some kind of a water-lantern-thingie, I don't know if I really want to bother with all the water. Maybe I should just skip the water.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is definitely an interesting subject! I personnally would have more colors mixed in, but I go crazy with that and that's probably to taste.

I saw this yesterday and I can't wait to see where you end up heading with it!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.