Sketchbook: Pride1289's sketchbook ~please critiqe(sp?) it~
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Pride1289's sketchbook ~please critiqe(sp?) it~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Pride1289's sketchbook ~please critiqe(sp?) it~

Hey Hey! I deleted the others because I have new stuff to put up. How dandy, yes?
    SO! Please share your thoughts and critic. I need to know if I have to improve anywhere. And honestly, I don't do any coloring traditionally. I fail so bad at it.
    But yeah, back to the digital-ness. I'll upload some traditional art later. BTW! There is more art at the bottom of the page ^_^ Well, somewhere around there I hope.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by pride1289; July 29th, 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: putting up new pics
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problemmo... It's great to see someone with the drive to improve. Your drawings are nice but I think you will agree when I say, your coloring suck. Don’t get discouraged when people who will try to help point’s out the obvious and you won’t have a problem progressing.

At your current level it would be a good idea to study from life, random objects etc..

I would also suggest trying to get hold of a book called: Drawing on the right side of the brain, it used to be left side but then they "changed their mind" Hehe!! What side do you use to fart, you know, just now I get confused and fart with the wrong side. LOL!!

I don't believe all that brain crap, like it matters what side it's coming from. The book is just basically a set of exercises to stretch the mental muscle or to install hoards of mental stratagy you might or might not have gotten yourself.

It's the elementary stuff that trains the brain to see things in ways it hasn't been accustomed to, measuring tricks, negative space etc...

In the mean time draw more stuff, drawing a lot is also advisable. You could search the forum for loomis, and download his books. There are also some books for download in the reference section, the thread called "Hundreds of free ebooks".

Some encouragement. There are no naturals, that all a load of bull. Watching a pro fly off at high speed is the same as watching a violinist. At one time riding a bike was a huge conscious effort but today it comes naturally because the strategy is internalized. The drawing on the right side book has allot of A, B, C's so to speak that the pro might have long forgotten but it's part of his or her natural strategy. Those will greatly improve your drawing in general and it should be a book that you study first or one you buy your kids. Not everyone are youngsters here and if you are good for you. But don't let age discourage you, there are some old farts that are also having to start out from the basics.

Enjoy.

Last edited by George Abraham; January 27th, 2009 at 05:25 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Pics

Some old, but newly posted to here art. The sonic one was drawn and inked by hand and colored in photoshop. I know I missed stuff in it. please don't tell me what it was, because i've looked at the picture enough to know what it is. Some were done in paint Tool SAI. I really gotta go buy that. I don't want my trial to run out ;_;

Attached Images Attached Images      

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.