(Photoshop)No Tablet
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

(Photoshop)No Tablet

Hello, everybody, I have been drawing for about 2 years now and lately I have been veiwing this page quite often and I am just amazed at how this Digital Art looks and feels! Sadly I am still confused by the whole process and don't really understand how people get there former penciled creation to transform itself into such an amazing colorful rendered piece of work! Currently I have Adobe Photoshop 7 on my PC but I have no Wacom Tablet or anything, so I am just wondering if it is still possible to get in on this awesome PC Art without one of those or am I out of luck! If there are others that paint without the need of a tablet can you please give me any pointers available to help me out with this problem! Thank You!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You could scan (if you have a scanner) your own lineart, and use it as a 'sketch' layer in photoshop to paint over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping for a more in depth sorta Tutorial if possible on how people with NO tablet can actually paint there work, I know I can scan in my line art, So if anybody knows of any tutorials or have any segestions then it would be a great help Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't have a tablet either. Well not anymore that is...

let me make sure I get you right

you want to know about digital drawing in general, or about getting that lineart set up, so you can work with it?

because I think I had a pretty decent tut once on masking your lineart on an individual transparent layer in PS so you could put the colour beneath it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I guess setting up the line art would be great as well, since layers really confuse me at times and stuff, but overall painting of the image and adding all the neccesary details like shading, lighting and cool effects like that would be great yes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this one covers coloring lineart using channels
    http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/html/channels2.html

and here's one that takes the classic approach, but it's for an earlier ps Version:
    http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/...nel/pspch1.htm

both are on Polykarbon, none of them is the one I mentioned before... I just can't find the tut I spoke of anymore

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah.. i got a mouse.. u should definately take advantage of layers and.. practice the motion of the mouse.. save up and buy a intous 2 6x8 lol

then u can edit it again and see how much better it came out

grrr roawl!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi guys, ijust registered here so this ismy first post.
    i'm interested in computer coloring too. I've got photoshop 7 as well and i'm trying to work out how to use it. I don't have a scanner so what i've being trying to do is download comic pages from the net and then try colouring them on photoshop. My theory is to somehow print these images onto transparent layers, then colour the pages on overlying layers, then at the end put the layer with the drawing on it back on top to create the finished effect. trouble is I don't know how to do it! most grateful for any advice you can give me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.