Anatomy/head
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Anatomy/head

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anatomy/head

Hello everybody, this is my first time posting in here! I just wanted to put something out to see the help I can recieve from this site with a problem I am stuck at with one of my sketches! I don't have it scanned yet so for now bare with me. The sketch is just of a lady, and it is my first time trying to draw the human body in a weird pose. My anatomy is probably off, and right now I am stuck at the womans head, because I can't seem to visualise how to draw a sexy womans face, or how big the head should be in comparison to the rest of her! SO if anybody has any tips on anatomy in general or just getting past my head problem then feel free to drop me a line or leave one! If anybody wants to tell me how to post pics in here it would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, uh, it's hard to say w/out looking at the drawing, but, you should rough out the whole drawing first. you need to focus on the whole drawing, how the peices fit together... if you rough it out, thinking of the shape and the direction.. the proportion will be a bit more natural. unless it's a portrait, i never start w/ the head... the body will help dictate the head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello thanks for your ideas, umm if only somebody could help me with how to post the pic, I will be able to scan in the headless woman and show you all where I am "headed" sorry..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    upload the pic there, copy the URL, post a reply to this thread, hit the IMG button and copy the URL in the pop up window

bam, you got yer pic =)

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok thanks for the help "Skank" Let me know if this works fine and start commenting please lol
    I tried cleaning it up a bit after my scan, I left the body grey to leave some detail.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    boy, when you said a weird pose....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay, i sort of drew over it then put it to the side. this should be your fist step. don't get that detailed till you have this step.... start rough. get the form right, then move on from there. this one was harder cause i'm not quite sure why she's posed like that... i don't wear jeans when i lift weights, hahaha... what's she leaning against? that aside, hope this helps. i don't know how you want the head or anything, but...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again! Yes she is defintly in a weird pose for doing curls, and she defainetly not wearing excercise gear, I was just thinking she was leaning on a wall or something you know. Well I just need to loosen up and get more brave with the pencil and learn how to really rough out like you done! I have to say your sketch make her look extremely more natural and better posed! Thanks for the help I'll try and get more natural with my strokes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool

yeah, just keep in mind the feel of the thing, act it out if you have to. you may look goofy, but it'll always help your drawing feel more natural. but yeah, once you get that, then you can work on the details. even when you do, don't just think of one part at a time. always keep in mind how it should work as a whole.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, me again! I tried loosening up with the pencil and roughly sketching this Lady, I think she is trying to flag down a Taxi, just so you have an idea of the pose! As you can see in the pic, the head I tried underneath her is very scary and somewhat resembles Micheal Jackson, but I have to say I am liking this pose better than my first try, tell me what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, me again! I tried loosening up with the pencil and roughly sketching this Lady, I think she is trying to flag down a Taxi, just so you have an idea of the pose! As you can see in the pic, the head I tried underneath her is very scary and somewhat resembles Micheal Jackson, but I have to say I am liking this pose better than my first try, tell me what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey snowball: this is a post from the references section...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&threadid=3107 check out the posing guide from the second link. click around, you'll find it... i'll try to find the link again. great resource. don't copy the poses exactly, use them as a guide, draw from them as if you were drawing from life, KEEP THE SHAPES IN MIND. this could help a LOT.

great reference!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/374

the guide is in the lower left corner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to say good reference matarial, and thank you very much for helping me out, seems your the only one! Thanks! When I think I accomplished something more worthy I'll post again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya after taking peoples words and viewing references I was given , sat down and tried some more figure sketches, This Image is huge I dunno why? But please let me know If I am at all catching on with this anatomy or am I just running in circles here! c & c please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you are getting better, even in these few drawings! i don't know what your life schedule is like, but do you take any life drawing classes? you should... also an anatomy class. i took one one summer at a jc, it was pretty funny... everyone else was studying to be an e.m.t., or a fireman, or a nurse, and here i was studying by bringing my sketchbook in, taking the model apart and drawing all of it. i think they thought i was from another planet. although i have to say, it worried me that i got a better grade than them. i mean, i'm just gonna draw people. they have to put me back together again if i fall of a building or something. anyway, study those and you will be a supa-star!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sadly where I live I havn't heard and I am not into any type of art schooling or classes, SO everything I know has only been through may last Grade 12 year in one art class, and on my own or off the internet! I live in Newfoundland Canada, if you know where that is, really not much happening there, so all I can se doing is learning on my own, and through things like this website and other.

Members who have read this thread: 1