Anger and frustration....

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anger and frustration....

I've drawn off and on my whole life and come the past year ive gotten back into it more. I'm gonna be going to aschool soon for animation both computer and 2d. I've been trying to practice a lot, but I am really starting to get frustrated and mad. I practice all these techniques over and over again and i dont feel im getting anywhere! With all the techniques im learning for how to draw a damn human body I cant make mine original. I'm really starting to blow my stack. i have all these ideas i cant even put it down on paper! I dont even know how to explain it im so F.... ticked! I want to make this my future and i cant get things straight. I've been practicing so much latelyits starting to feel more like WORK then fun for me anymore. Maybe i need a break i dunno. I want my drawings to come out the way I WANT them too. BAH!! maybe someone knows where Im coming from if anyone can help please do especially anyone who was in the same situation. I also REALLY like detailed drawings and I like to make mine detailed...an example is the concept sketches from the artist for the matrix. How do u get the damn proportions right? How can i add in so much detail? Forshortning, Heads, faces, body proportion, I have all these damn ideas and when i see the paper my mind goes BLANK. where do i start with it...? Its similar to a bad case of writers block! I dont know!Anyways, most of those quetions are retorical but you can answer them if you want...I'm basically just asking them to show you where im coming from. Well, from all this rambling I just did asking for help I hope someone can say something to help me out...Thankyou.

:thumbsup: [Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh. Actually you know what? By writing that it kinda helped me out. Also im looking at the online lumis books they seem to explain things very well then these Drawing Cutting edge comics and Human anatomy made easy books

:thumbsup: [Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I've noticed that if I get frustrated and I just let it all out. I can draw better afterwards. But, I don't think that you would make the dramatic progress now, like you did when you first started. You just get a little better over time. It sucks doesn't it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Mad, yep fustration, i know what you mean. though you'd be quite suprise when you look at your work from your past and present. imo im happy that i ve progressed a little. and to that comment of wanting to put down on paper of what you really want. IMO all artists are like that, even with a beautifully done piece, we never really get what we wanted onto paper -.-''

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know the feeling when you don't seem to make anything the way you'd like them to be. Usually a brake will help in this problem. And let's not forget that often the best works come out in an accident. I don't know, but when I got some really good pencils and a guide book a couple of weeks ago, I started to draw one picture per day, at least, like make it a true regular hobby. But the thing is, I've actually made even better works in school, during some classes, behind the teachers back . And it was beause I got the feeling of drawing. It's hard to draw when you force yourself.
    But if you are going to get yourself education for a job you're required to do stuff in a tight timeline, well, you'll just have to learn. You'll adjust.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! Just remember that in almost any skill, there will be both times of fluctuation and growth in your ability, and times when it seems like you've hit a brick wall. I've experienced this with music, martial arts, and drawing, its just a fact. The most important thing is to not give up during the times when you feel like you just can't imrpove anymore. Stop worrying about how your images will come out and just have fun doing them! If you just enjoy the experience of making art, and if you truly love it and concentrate on this, the "artists block" will eventually go away. It will probabaly return, but just remember to never give up and just have fun drawing and creating. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have been there before and I still get frustrated and pissed. There are 3 quotes told to me by 3 different teachers during my art schooling. I always remember them and they help me tremendously. Perhaps thinking of the idea behind it or the logic that they imply can and will help you as well.

just opinions from others that I value greatly. Hope it may help.

1. Thinking in terms of good, great or the best can be overwhelming at times. Think SUCK. That is the key word. Just try and suck a little bit less each day.

2. An artist does not sit down at his table/desk/computer and think "Today I am going to create a masterpiece". Think simply and just draw and practice with no end goal in mind other than to improve (daily improvement is not even the key - it is the intention and action of striving for it that makes it a guarantee). Do this each day and the masterpiece result will be inevitable.

3. It is the 10minutes of art that you put in 10 minutes after you wanted to quit that makes the difference. To draw on the day when you absolutely despise having to draw is the day you grow and get better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Frustration is one part of the brain trying to learn, while another part tries to hold on to what it already does. Without some level of frustration, there is no learning happening.

Note, however, that what will change for you most over time is how frustration feels. It will cease to trigger emotions (like anger), and start to feel more like lopsided positive feelings, sort of like feeling amused. There's really no word for the feeling in English.

As to detail, the definition of detail is just smaller shapes within larger ones. So just start large, and then have smaller elements contained within larger spaces. These smaller elements can contain even smaller elements, and so on. The final effect may seem intimidating, but remember, even the masters create one element at a time.

Finally, be patient with yourself. People often ask me how they can learn to draw, and I tell them it's easy, just do 10,000 bad drawings.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.