Art Fundamentals in TO?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Fundamentals in TO?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Fundamentals in TO?

Hello! I'm new here but I've been lurking around for awhile reading through the forums since they're very informative.

I'm currently a gr 12 student (graduating next year) and I'm not really sure what exactly I want to study after I graduate, though I know I'm interested in going into art for sure. I'm considering going into illustration because I love to draw, but I come from a high school that doesn't have an very strong arts program, so I'm looking into the one year art fundamental programs I keep hearing/reading about here.

I notice that many people talk about going to art fundamentals at Sheridan, but Sheridan is somewhat far away from me and I'm not too comfortable with the thought of moving out of home. So I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any good one year art fundamental programs to take that aren't necessarily at Sheridan or if Sheridan's art fundamentals program is really worth travelling the extra distance.

Thanks everyone! ^^

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in art fundies at Sheridan right now and I live in Hamilton, so some days I'll have like a 3 hour commute (one way), which tends to kind of be a hassle but it's worth it. Anyway, as far as I know in Toronto, OCAD's programs all start off with the first year being a basic art course like art fundementals, then you specialize the next 3 years. There's also an art fundementals program in Seneca College which is probably exactly the same thing as Sheridan's but I don't know if Seneca is closer to you.

I guess you have to consider what you will do after too because it would be easier to get into whatever that is after the fundementals program if it's in the same school.

Also note, the fundementals program at Sheridan exempts you from the first year of the Degree program at OCAD.

Sorry I don't have much more specific information, that's just what I've found out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going to be applying to art fundies at sheridan and at OCAD. to apply to ocad it is counted as a university so you must pay $80 if you want to apply. bleh!

it will be worth it though. more options!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.