What's right for me? Help!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

What's right for me? Help!

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Jordan and I've lurked around these forums for the past year or so now in amazement. The quality of some of the work here is just mind-blowing. Technology and Drawing play a very important role in my life and its what I would like to pursue in life. Though im still finding myself in a jam.
    I really don't know what field I'd like to go into. First it was Video Game Design back in the day, but the amount of math and coding involved completely shut that down for me. Then I was dead set on Computer Animation, it seems great but im having second thoughts. Which is a bad thing when i'm looking at $40-50k in student loans. I'd like to do something with more drawing and less staring at a screen. I currently reside in Florida, within 4 hours of Full Sail (my top pick), Ringling, Art Institute of Tampa, and a few lesser known.

If anyone can shed some light on me it would be great, maybe some experiences from a similar situation. A way to check out different mediums and see all there is to see.
    Thank you everyone.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i think people will be more inclined to help if you gave them something to gauge your talent, and since this is an artist's community, post some of your artwork.

Representing Ringling College of Art and Design Class 2012

Blog
    (its pretty rad)

Current Sketchbook

Thanks
    i can kinda relate, and i guess i was in a similar situation (kinda). i just wanted to draw. i didnt want to sit at a computer monitor all day, and dont even start about cubicles. as a result, i found that i was constantly trying to find a way for me to combine my interest into some way that would be helpful in the job market. i looked at animation, architecture, graphic design, etc. but in the end, if i took all the money, market trends, competition, practicality, etc factors out, i ended up thinking "hell, i just want to draw".

so here i am starting to look at my options: freelance illustration, showing art at galleries, illustrating childrens books, etc. but at the same time ive more or less come to the realization that i most likely will not be able to sustain myself by pure drawing. so at the moment im double majoring in art and biology, while drawing as much as i can - not sure if that helps at all (probably doesnt), but the main things i wanted to get across was that i could not find many options for more "drawing", and that you should probably find a balance between more drawing, and where the demand is (which is likely to fall more into the realm of staring at screens).

Thanks
    Thanks Guys : )
    I'm in the process of getting some work together worthy of putting up. Between work and getting ready to move it's tough to find the time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.