Best Brushes for DigitalPainting with PS??

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Best Brushes for DigitalPainting with PS??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Best Brushes for DigitalPainting with PS??

Well.. hi boys!
    I know that there's a section about Photoshop Brushes but i need your help.
    I'm starting using a pen tablet (wacom bamboo fun) and i was reading lot of tutorials about digital painting but there's one thing that i didn't understand.
    And it's the brushes and pen tablet configuration. I use PS CS4 and the wacom bamboo pen tablet and i want if it possible that anybody can take a screenshoot about how to set up the configuracion, and the second is if anybody could send me a little zip file with the basics brushes you use for digital painting... i'll be very happy.

(Sorry about my english... i'm spanish )

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anybody?¿

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sadly every photoshop painting/photo manipulation tutorial I've ever bought has neglected to go into the specifics of their wacom settings preferences

They also are always sped up so fast you can't really get a feel for how some of their brushes are set up to try to mimic them.

But here's a good brush set
    google David Nagel photoshop brushes
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...o_Download.htm

If you can't find a working download link anywhere pvm me and I can email them to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some of the links doesnt work... and there's a lot of pack of this person... could you please add me to msn? krdnha at gmail dot com
    and if you can send ir to me it will be better

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From one random person's point of view, I highly recommend making your own brushes.

I'm not stellar myself, but while looking at other people's brushes and paintings can be useful to give you an idea of basic shapes or types of brushes that can be useful for certain things - I think you will learn more making them on your own.

I was using a custom brush set I downloaded from someone (not sure who, now) a long time ago for the longest time, but I've improved two or three times as much ever since I made my own small set of brushes. I feel more attached to them, I know exactly what they're for, how they were made, and what I made them for. I think there's something to be gained from making them yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    David Levy (sometimes known as Vyle) has a great tutorial that instructs you on how to make some very good and useful brushes. The best way really is to make them; figure out what you need and then try your best at making it. I can't help you with Wacom settings though, although I will be getting the same tablet as you in a few days, so I might be able to help you then

http://darktoad.deviantart.com/

My deviantART. A library of things I've done so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The wacom settings can be controlled through Control Panel (if you're on Windows) and it's really personal preference. I have a pretty light touch, I know that, but I couldn't even tell you what my settings were for a wacom. They're probably pretty close to default, actually.

As for the brushes, I never got the hang of making custom brushes, although I occasionally use some downloaded ones for 'stencil' elements or texture, but for painting, I use all default brushes. :/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.