cover concept

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: cover concept

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cover concept

So i'm working on some comic art, in the meantime i thought i'd put a concept cover up just linework at the moment really, until i get a graphics tablet colouring takes me too long, so all critique welcome, any questions i'd be happy to answer too

cover concept

Last edited by Reinen; January 20th, 2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo
    And so like horses to water, the angels fell upon the land.....only bitter...only twisted...human after all...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right now the figure looks a little out of whack to me. That leg on the left doesn't seem the right size for the rest of the body. The other leg should probably be making the apron blossom forward from the knee under there but I can't really see it happening at the moment.

The airplane coming in from behind gives a good implication of big time action to come, though I wonder how it got there without crashing that tower behind it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry whose left? and your right about the plane, no indication of distance between it and the tower, should i make the tower smaller? any suggestions and questions would help me

And so like horses to water, the angels fell upon the land.....only bitter...only twisted...human after all...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the figure is what's throwing me off, here. The left leg (their left) just...seems to be bent in an awkward position. Like it's turned out to the side of the body (I'd redline it, but I have to run in a moment. Possibly later, ah.). The way the cloth is billowing out make it seem like there's some definite action going on, but the pose just doesn't convey a terrible lot of it.

Along the lines of arttorney's comment, maybe flipping the plane (its right wing up, left wing down) and moving it to the side a tad might help. Sort of like it's coming in at an angle to the building or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was meaning the leg on my left when I said the leg on the left. It seems comparatively small in view of the fact that it is coming toward us and would have some foreshortening. The other leg was the one I was expecting to produce some kind of a bulge in the apron.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.