Art: My Newest Sculpture...Young Dragon

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Newest Sculpture...Young Dragon

I haven't posted any works on here ina while so I figured I would share my latest one. I made this little guy from green Sculpey on a wire armature. The beer can is purchased and it is about the size for a barbie doll.

I sculpted this for my Dad for Christmas, so he is not really new, but he hasn't been posted anywhere yet

I know I can do better than this, but this was my first sculpt with any type of humanoid anatomy. My next one will be better
    Any type of C+C is very welcome and much appreciated

I am very sorry for the crappy photo My camera was not cooperating that day.

Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fabulous eyes! - And I love the pose!
    Would it be appropriate to call him a "Lounge Lizard"? ;-)

I believe you have done a fantastic job here - achieving a convincing figure/pose without going into details.

I would probably give his hands and feet a little more detail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aseyngel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you! The eyes are glass eyes. They are reptilian ones...about 7mm with pearl colored iris. He could definitely be called a "Loung Lizard" LOLOL

Yes, I should have done the hands and feet better with more detail. I wish I could find the pic of his shoulder blades too, they turned out pretty cool. He has some more details that aren't showing up too, but thats ok...I will make sure to do more on my next one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha he is so cute. I think he's had a bit too much beer. I agree with Aseyngel ...the hands and feet could be a little more detailed. Keep up the good work!

-Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL Thanks Mad Cross! I just have to find the time to get all my commissioned horses caught up then I can have much more free time to sculpt! I have not taken any commissions for 2009 and I don't intend to. (well, maybe a couple) I usually have no less than 15 pieces here at once ughhh. It is way too stressful for me anymore so I have decided to steer clear a bit. However, I make a living with my paint jobs so I cannot go completely away from them

I will do much better on my next one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please dont get us wrong ;-) (or I feel a need to clarify)

- We (or I) love the little fellow. I believe his hands and feet looks good - and, as this is a "simple" figure with the focus on his head (and beer) - there might not be a need to do better feet.

We are just bitchin you to make sure you develop your skills at a faster pace than you natural laziness calls for ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LMAO...Now dammit, you aren't supposed to know I am lazy.
    I promise I will be creating something soon, and I will not be lazy LOLOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha - I believe we all have issues with motivation at times (especially as projects begin to mount up on the workbench).

There are a lot of positive things happening with this piece. Certainly the posture and the wideness of the eyes portray a playfulness that's perfect for this sort of work. And the use of a purchased accessory is never going to be looked down upon. There are plenty of artists making raw artworks out of model kits and plastic toys, so nothing to worry about there in this context.

I think you'll agree that this has a simple, clean feel to it and a lot of your time for detail went into the face. I believe a few small scales scattered about the figure could have created some additional detail to the rest of the piece, without taking up too much time from other projects. It's an easy way to create a visual cue that conveys a sense of "scales and tails." Just a thought for future projects. Otherwise, a great piece to break back into the forum with.

Now show us more.

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This guy is so cool! I bet your dad loved it. Are the little white dots polymer clay or some form of 3D paint? They really add a lot to his look.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.