a little guidance?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a little guidance?

This is pretty early on in the process of the WIP and although I know what I want I'm not exactly sure how I want to execute that.

i sorta want her to feel godlike, in an OHCRAPOHCRAPOHCRAP sorta way...Right now I feel like I almost got that feeling but not quite...

I'd also like to throw in some surreal backgrounds into this pic, but I really have never tried surreal, so if someone could tell a good place to start learning that would be fantastic.

The third thing I'd like some guidance on, is how to go about coloring this thing... I work pretty much completely digitally and I basically a complete rookie at color. Up until this point I've avoided color like the plauge since i'd rather have incomplete pretty line art than complete pretty lineart with really mediocre color on it.

And of course feel free to rip this to shreds with critique....

*hates art*

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your lines are too simple and heavy. Find a reference and check for more subtle detail.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the figure is ver parallel to the picture plane, this gives a rather stagnant pose making the entire composition lacking in a dynamic sense.

the bow being held horizontally is really awkward because the wrist would need to expend a great deal of energy to maintain the weight of the bow in that position, a more natural position would seem less forced.

in addition to getting reference for the figure, i'd suggest nabbing a few images of wings to better flesh out the accuracy of the structure of the wings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her breasts seem terribly lopsided. The legs make it look like she's standing a bit crooked. As r.mccabe said, a reference would help out greatly. And is that a cigarette in her left hand?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh thank you, I will endeavor to fix the pose and try to find a reference(I have an extremely bad habit of nearly always drawing from my imagination) before continuing. as for the cigarette thing, well, it was originally an arrow being drawn out of thin air but when I drew in the wings I kinda lost the detail I had for it, and I never ended up cleaning that hand.

As for the lines being too simple and heavy could someone expand upon that point?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you can push hard in the dark shadows and lighter in the light areas and you can change the lines to curve or rap around the shapes

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.