Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Okazu. . .

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Okazu. . .

O.K. well here goes nothing.
    So I just registered here a few months ago and posted some stuff up in the crit centre where I got some very useful crits which helped me push myself further than was comfortable and the pieces I was working on turned into some of the best work I've done, so thanks C.A.
    Other than that I've been scoping out the rest of the site and regularly picking my jaw up off the floor. You folks in here make me want to be better. I can't say enough about how inspiring it all is. Thank you all for putting yourselves out there so that I can learn form your work and experience.

Well enough talk on to the pics.
    These are posted from earliest to most recent. ( Oh yeah as it is a hobby I don't get to draw as much as most folks on here so I may not update all that often.

ref'd from a photo mag. graphite on paper

some hand studdies

Portrait of my buddy Jim graphite and conte on Illustration board

Some ref'd figure studies trying to get away from using a smudge stick - teaching myself how to use the pencil to create tonal changes - So far to go!

non ref'd figure - did all the construction stuff but it got to messy so I had to trace from the outline - not good- line work is shite!

Portrait of my sister-in-law and her new husband graphite&conte on illustration board. (this one should come before the figure studies.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by Chas; February 19th, 2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Changed title of thread
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chas For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1