Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: study, study, study,... (19. april)

Thanks
    yeah, this is what i'm aiming for mokuu, both combined, practice will hopefully bring that..

joyproject: its actually more than 20 minutes.. around 40, i think, two 20 minute ones, first rough and vage lines and then defining details

but can't figure out the legs and arms in this deep foreshortning..

got a bad headache today.. just 3 small color studies (40mins again), searching for images is also very time consuming.. was doing posemaniacs stuff after, very short and longer.. but can't concentrate.. think i'll get a nap, maybe it gets better..

doing stuff from life would be good too, i guess.. humm..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    60 seconds posemaniacs, whew.. feeling uncomfortable with less time... and although while drawing it feels like shit, i think this will help alot.. i like this tool..

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    Ahhh
    I should have started with posemaniacs as well. For 60 secs these are very good. The proportions are great already.
    I also really like the last enviro study you did. A nice simplified version of the foto. You picked the right forms and shapes to describe the picture's objects. And you know what? I'm sure that the times when you have to step out of your comfort zone help you improve a lot fater. So keep it up.

Ich seh dich nie im Icq. =( Okay ich bin auch nicht oft drin.... ich gebs ja zu. Wie läufts im Leben?

Thanks
    kay i'm back up again, made a schedule for next week, so that i study more organized and varied. hope that works out..

janos: yeah, the posemaniacs would be a nice little addition to the life drawing session your about to start..
    Last edited by syrez; February 16th, 2009 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks
    Some nice stuff here, man! good work.
    Craig Bruyn
    Concept Artist / Toy Designer
    Melbourne Australia

My Sketch Thread

My Blog

Thanks
    thx, redfrog! your stuff is great too, specialy like your new dog cartoon stuff, and the black/white inks are also great!!

some morning gestures to get warm and 3 hours studys of legs. As you can see, its hogarths stuff, cause i first need to memorize the muscles, but i also tend to use bridgman, but here its harder to "see" where something is going, its more based on blocks..

can't figure out a way to blend both methods yet also the english anatomy reading is hard

i try not to copy exact same what i see, but trying to understand the muscles and relationships, so most of this varies in comparision to the masters work, hope this is the right way????

Thanks
    hrhr, guys do you know days like these: your family gets the flu, you got to play nurse and do the household, then a friend calls and asks you to buy a new refridgiator... lol..

what do i make schedules for? the last month went through like this, should lock me up in some cave

last picture is only 20 mins.. forced me to mainly use the lasso, but when my friend called i fastly finished it without more layerings.. what a mess

at least i feel that i get the colors of the originals better.. compared to my first studies..

Thanks
    Wow, beautiful landscapes. Great choice of subject and good studies. The only nitpicks I'd say are just to add to the mood of the original:
    (1)Some stronger yellow highlights in the trees in the lower right. Just some blobs where the sun meets some trees.
    (2)I'd hint at some lines in the cornfields and add more red to the right. And details in the front.

Thanks
    yeah, thx, you're right ..

the second one is really bad, missing detail on the field..

also i'm not really confident with other brushes.. need to work on that to.. should add that to my schedule..

Thanks
    Ahh I've seen another little detail that could make teh first even better. On the mountain range in the right on the top add some dark orange. I think that'll add a lot.

Lol I also have to work with new brushes. People suggested customizing some myself.... I was like yeah... ehm... okay?

Thanks
    couldn't keep my fingers calm, something i wanted to do for very long.. b/w value expedition

should add that to schedule too.. shade my studies that i do over the week..perhaps with help from reference for some things..

Thanks
    I think you have a very nice understading of anatomy and proportion and keep up those color studies, it looks like you are already improving. I think you should also do some studies from life, for exapmple something as simple as an apple. I think it´s easier to focus on color if the object/s you are studying is less complex.
    The posemaniacs are looking great.
    Keep it up!
    ssg: Knarf - BRINKMAN! - crabbyclem - eminkey2003 - Mumph

"Failure is an option, fear is not."

Thanks
    Mumph: thank you. I also see little improvment.. but still not satisfied, i compare alot to all the great guys out here at CA.. but that keeps me up.. should really do some life studies, perhaps the apple is a perfect idea.. will try this out tomorrow

Allthough i'm also waisting alot of time of the day, today my grandma made fried potatoes and afterwards we played cards, hrhr But guess i do this because otherwise, sitting in my own room for hours and months would drive me nuts

Today was a big step out of the comfort zone, anatomy wise.. feet.. i hate 'em.. dunno why.. its not the drawing but the appeal in real life hehe, anyway, the feet are the base of a figure.. and as usual now, the morning gestures (i kind of cut the first layer in half. so ten gestures missing)...

edit: added 2 women poses done from head..
    Last edited by syrez; February 17th, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast