What is the right price?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry What is the right price?

Hello, recently I was planing on trying freelancing for my art. I was wondering what you think is a reasonable price? Here are some of my works of art, to get a general idea of what I should start charging at. I need some ideas for a comic page and sketch.

What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?
    What is the right price?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you're putting the cart before the horse.

I totally don't mean this to be discouraging, but I'm not sure you should be worrying about freelancing yet. I think some more practice is going to do you more good than anything else right now.

'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i'll pass on the showcase of this prize package.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -$20hr for use of "there" instead of "they're" i kid. kind of. Starting out it's more what you are willing to accept as a payrate from others rather than what you can demand. Start out very low, minimum wage at best per hour. Build a clientele, and as you grow in that and your own skills, then think about raising the rates. Just like any other creative endeavour, you have to build a name for yourself as talented/reliable/hardworking, or whatever. People have to want your work over the kajillion other artists out there. If they've never heard of you, you better have a dang good portfolio. And from those samples, you need more polished/finished works to really sell that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jhgoforth View Post
    -$20hr for use of "there" instead of "they're" i kid. kind of. Starting out it's more what you are willing to accept as a payrate from others rather than what you can demand. Start out very low, minimum wage at best per hour. Build a clientele, and as you grow in that and your own skills, then think about raising the rates. Just like any other creative endeavour, you have to build a name for yourself as talented/reliable/hardworking, or whatever. People have to want your work over the kajillion other artists out there. If they've never heard of you, you better have a dang good portfolio. And from those samples, you need more polished/finished works to really sell that.

I am well aware that one needs to start low, that is why i'm asking advice from others who have done some freelancing. What price did you start at that seemed reasonable to you? Side note: I'm an not thinking of charging per hour, rather what I should charge for each piece? and yeah ive been working on my ps skills recenty as we speak.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Grief View Post
    i'll pass on the showcase of this prize package.
    Grief that was hilarious...

Yo Flip, maybe try some "free" freelance work first. Get a feel for customer expectations, demands, etc.

Like many of us, you too have a lot of hard but fun work ahead of you. Use some no charge work to improve on things like anatomy, perspective, light, etc etc.

Edit: One more thing, there is a lot of good information at the top of this forum "Employment Discussions" http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

The Day-glo Pterodactyls
    Dierat ~ Leo Ki ~ Volchiha ~ Zweit ~ wilkerson

CharlieHarper.net

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.