Sketchbook: Kizoku's sketchbook, something new every day!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kizoku's sketchbook, something new every day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kizoku's sketchbook, something new every day!

Hi people, I've been trying to get the discipline to really learn to paint environments a couple of times before, but now I got a job and no school so suddenly, I have some spare time. My idea is to paint some kind of environment everyday and post it here so that maybe, you can help me in my progress! I'm gonna start with the ones I've done the last three days:

First, some kind of a underground bridge atop of some green-glowing lake/river.
    Second, mountains in a sunset
    Third and last, a temple in some mysterious landscape. Very inspired by eow-winner 9, bumskee. Was gonna try to repaint it at first, but then I decided to change some stuff.

Thanks for your comment!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi kizouko.
    Nice you have some time to draw.
    I looked through your pictures and think the building in the last one looks strange:
    Do you stand in front of the building or did you use a perspective?
    Because the right side seems off.... (Not the same as left)

If you used a perspective the top looks strange.. (very flat)

I hope you can use some of my words because I am only trying the best to help.

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Kizoku
    I like your environments, and I think that you managed to capture a certain amount of mood, which is basically the most important thing. But there are some faults that you will be able to change/get rid of soon enough. For instance it's important to integrate more colours in your paintings, like blues in the shadows, and adding more contrasts. I'd also paint bigger pictures, you'll have a lot more possibilities in your details. Keep on going and you'll improve in no time.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Warforce17
    Hey man! Thanks for taking the time, I agree to that perspective thingie with the temple in the background, most of the stuff I do right now is quick-scetches just to get a grip of the basics before going into more detail. I hope that is a good approach

Janos
    Thanks to you too!
    Yeah, you could say that the stuff I do right now, is to learn how to catch a nice mood in my images. The original resolution of my images is 1000x500 but I don't know if it's that smart to upload such big images when I'm not painting anything too detailed and my images so far looks a lot better when really small .

And for today! Did 3 real quick scetches, one even included a character!
    Comments on these:
    1: Three rivers going into waterfalls, seen from above. Thought it would be a cool view... although it doesnt look too spectacular..
    2: Named this "Finally caught" since this is some guy who have been running forever from the hover-turrets in blue-scale city!
    3: A chopper hovering over some extremely low detailed river. I think I might add some motion blur on the rotor blades later on when the time is given.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's for yesterday... looked around the forums for something to draw from, this is what I came up with. Some model from some homepage.. I don't remember the adress but I found it here. I didn't feel like going into hands and head/hair yet, so I left them out... had enough of a hard time with the cloth xD Gonna draw something else now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^^ Left them out....
    You mean cut it off

From your new updates I like the escape-picture (hover-turrets)
    and the woman.

Your waterfall picture was hard to get.
    The effect of the falling water is not extreme enough.

Want to see the finished piece of the woman because it
    looks good so far.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Warforce17 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi! Thanks for stopping in my Sb. the lanscapes are pretty good. Maybe try to use more colours than black, white and one other (blue). If you make there some other couloured strokes (green, purple ...??) it will look better. somethong as you made in the orange sky in the second piece

and the last girl: i think you stopped for too long time at the suite. I can see there are a lot of details. But what about her beast and neck... try to make some lighting and shadows

Everything is about practise: so DRAW DRAW DRAW !!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.