DSG 280: Robot: An Emergency Robot that is built to walk along the top of buildings

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

DSG 280: Robot: An Emergency Robot that is built to walk along the top of buildings

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    speedy again...

anyways, i really hope people attempt this topic. it's alot more descriptive than the others have been which is something many of you really need to learn to conceptualize.

what are types of ways something could go over a building?
    what shouldn't go over a building?

think of speed issues, envorimential issues....

but remember, have fun :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...some rooftops might get crushed though...

20 min pencil...

don't look at me like i'd grown a third head!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well this is my very very first post on conceptart.org and my very very first DSG.
    Thought I'd give it a quick go.

I'm hoping this encourages me to draw more and develope. I would love to draw better.. so here's to practice
    :chug:

*HB graphic pencil of a piece of paper I grabbed from the laser printer *

Last edited by mjw4745276; December 4th, 2003 at 11:11 AM.
    M.A.T.T

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Multi-tasking rescue machine

Life is study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This roofbot is for putting out fires and recording the activity to firemen below. It has forward and rear cams and a radio controlled hose to shoot fire controlling chemicals. The legs are on hydrolic shocks that retract and extend to allow easy rooftop movement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, first post...

Inside is a bed for transporting emergency patients, finished of in a rush, liked the practice......

Legs are used for regular walking, as well as the additional possibility of jumping (from building to building), that's why they are "crouched".
    Greetings!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, you guys are all really good w/ robots!

Comments so far: P_N_R: I like the bed-bot thing, that's a cool idea. The robot could use more of a front end/back end kind of indicator though ... great start!

Beatnik: Sweet concept man! One thing I would do is thicken up the outline, the bot looks kinda transperant around the edges, and i bet a better sillouhet(sp?) would make it Pop!

Jebus: Nice camera placement, good job on the robots perspective ... the building could go for some more detail though, right now it kinda looks like an eraser sticking into the sky

MJW: Bad ASS I love that raised leg concept, totally cool Welcome!

lichtpartikel: That's the sharpest looking rescue bot i've seen! You've got great shading and the concept is cool, i'd say ... unsharpen some edges so he doesn't cut people :eek:

davi: I soo envy your linework ... that just exhudes confidence killer concept

Now for mine ... First robot I've ever done, was a real challenge, but I learned alot and had some fun with this one!

He's a roof jumping rescue bot that can snag up people in danger with his front dull claws while scurrying around with his bottom claws. In his "head" thing, he has sirens, first aid kits, and other neat goodies i'm sure!

C&C's always welcome and very much appreciated.

--Valcon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    too much spare time...

P_N_R: your bot looks great. i love the lines and shading. maybe the feet need a little work though.

Valcon: the claws of your bot look also pretty dangerous to me. :cool:

don't look at me like i'd grown a third head!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys..but I'm not participating in this one...my friggin' computer keeps bugging up...then it's stuck!!..then dll not found or something...AAAARGHH!!!:machinegu:cat;:chainsaw:
    ...an' i was busy with such a nice idea....ah..next!

Edit:hmm....it seems a bit(there's still time..so there's still hope)..that this is not a very popular topic....and just when it's a very important one.....mechanics are needed to get a god view on pespective and mechannical functioning....but..I suck at that...so...when my comuter works again...grmbl...then I will post a few pencil sketches I've done..and they're baaad....it looks a bit...cubistic...is that possible to post?...it's a art form..but it's definitly not a concept art form....

Last edited by Mad Giraffe; December 4th, 2003 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

medic bot

this is my fist dsg post, a little quick and sloppy, but kinda fun (never drawn robot before...)

Blue/Blonde soldier can’t you see? we’re finally free! We’ve lost every ounce of our dignity, &
    when the city is sieged, we’ll be back on our knees. Where have all the flowers gone? Well, we’re
    crawling underground. And we’ll bloom so far from the sun. We only grew up fast to make love
    to loaded guns.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I made a sketch but i dont have a scanner :cry: me is a sad puppy

Good advice: dont walk into walls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

thanx 4 all the comments guys (and girls???, I don't know....)

I appreciate them and can see what u mean...
    sorry that I don't comment on your pieces, but they look fine 2 me... (I especially like the shading and depth of your's, lichtpartikel, and U're right, U do have 2 much spare time, )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

P_N_R I like your look, reminds me of a car-concept drawing

Life is study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

N.Y.P.D. 'FireSeeker'

The N.Y.P.D. started experimenting with robotic technology after the great fires of 2057. After too many fire fighters were lost they contracted Americas largest robotics company 'Amos and Richards' to create a new breed a fire fighter. The A.F.S.S. 'FireSeeker' is a small highly mobile fire detection unit able to scour the roof tops of New Yorks deepest rural areas to find sources of heat that could be a fire beginning. When a fire is located it sends a signal to all local A.F.S.S's which gather to the signal to fight the fire. Hundreds currently patrol the streets of New York and if tests prove succesful they will be deployed in thousands in all cities of the world. The Police forces and militaries of the world are also becoming very interested in the technology.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work all... For a topic that I thought would send people screaming there are some great ideas and well executed concepts.

Thanks for the comment Volcan: I like the way you taken a different route to most. Those tendrils are kinda scary ya know. :eek:

Davi: I love your technique. Exudes professionalism...

lichtpartikel: You crazy kid. Ya gonna wreck roofs and ruin lifes with that monster. Nice though. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing some more fine bots (that's BOTS not butts - You guys are rude)

M.A.T.T

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi
    wow cool concepts today i really like the topic!
    heres mine - the ulimate rescue spider !!

Lichtpartikel: gruesse vom shoogar

- Miau

<<<sketchbook >>>
    <<<gallery >>>>>>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This topic sent me Screaming...haha I haven't had to much experience with robots, but it was kinda fun making this up. ^^

This is a police laser bot. So if the criminals won't come out of the building they get friend! mwhahah!

I'm really loving the designs you guys are comming up with.

littleone, I really like that perspective. Cool way you did the buildings.

lichtpartikel, Cool design, though how does it help people? haha I guess mine doesn't help people too much though either. Oh well

Valcon Jet - Thats a cool techniqic. Did you do it in black first then outline it in white/grey?

P_N_R - I like how you colored that. Quite smooth looking. haha maybe you should make a hurse like that.

Beatnik - cool idea, quite a useful bot. I suggest that if you were to go on, you should make the bot glow where the fire reflects off. ^^

Jebus - Great perspective. ^^ The bottom kinda reminds me of those people who put suction cups on the bottom of their feet and try to climb.

mjw - Dude, I like that!

davi and Hazzard - I really like how you guys did a more rounded design. Always liked those kind of robots. Are you going to color it Davi?

Miau- Neat spider design. I like how you did the legs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Davi - I'd love to see that one a bit more developed. Cool concept.

Likpartikel - Both versions are superb. Awesome design.

Valcon Jet - Nice style.

Hazzard - Cool.

Miau - I love what you drew it on.

Iiori - Very well developed. Cool concept.

[insert clever thing]

-Halis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a quick sketch I did of my compact emergency robot.....

Ill redo it later and change stuff to make it look better

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There should be more vehicle/mech design imo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a quicky.. SNOW! i need ta better my buildings.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

-middle class-
    AIM: RZR0999

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback valcon and Iiori. I added a little more to it with the outline and some glow. Then I thought it would make sense to use laser guidance to tell it distances between buildings and for balance. I also installed a Coke® machine and a pencil sharpener.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I struggled like hell with this evil topic, but I was determined to post something after the torment I've had with it.

OLSEN - Another beauty! Very impressive.

Miau - Looks like you really gave that some thought. I like it.

Hazzard - I love your backstories! Nice design.

Valcon Jet - Really original. Cool.

P_N_R - Very nice.

Beatnik - Good concept and pic.

Davi - Thanks for the pep talk! Not sure about the fun part, though...

Well done to all. Too tired for more comments, I'm afraid. I'm off to bed to dream of an easier topic tomorrow...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The gargoyle shell serves as roof decoration -- it runs on padded feet, the upper arms are for general manipulation, the tail serves as counterweight and anchor in case extra equipment needs to be hauled up or people need to be lowered down. Other equipment and supplies are kept in the cylinder.

This is a tough topic, in my opinion, and I salute everyone who posts on it =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool topic today... just couldn't motivate me... aahh this ones no good at all, wanted to do something but just to lazy, felt like I rather do some life studies instead...

but what the heck can post it anyway, when I botherd to do it...

ps. I don't say that I ain't no good just that this piece is way below what I expect of myself

nice coloring on yours PNR, very cardesignish...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I struggled with the topic too.

A spider is the only way to go
    At least 6 legs!
    Or something with even more legs (kudos Wystro)!

Last edited by Signature; December 11th, 2003 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wystro: Very creative concept! Flesh out the lines a bit and link the cylinder to the gargoyle torso and it'll look sweet!

Matt Dixon: Thank you for the comments, and yours looks awesome! I love the smoke effect, very cool. The one thing I can crit is that the blue reflection on it's right (left side of the image) leg is a bit too bright at the top, and it sorta bugs my eye ... i'd fade that / smooth it just a tad

Beatnik: Much much better, the glow on the front claw looks freakin awesome.

EndDrive999: Red X ... =/

Olsen: !!! Ever so sweet, it has a really good feel to it, though I can't quite make out what's going on ... it looks to be firefighting or something like that. Also, the blur coming from the very top looks a little too ... straight? Maybe ... I can't quite put my finger on it ... the pic has great motion though!

Tereyon: Hehe, he's cute I imagine him being very small and waddling around on the rooftops

Halis Asteros: Cool concept, just needs to have the lines straightened out ... with the jagged lines like that, it makes the drawing look indecisive, imo ... I don't mean to be rude, it's just my humble opine~ Keep at that though, you can already color way better than me

Iiori: Thanks for the comments, and yeah, I just scribbled out a basic design in black, then erased away the edges and highlights to create the illusion of detail. I love the coloring on your pic, those lights are great! The only crit I have is that the world "Police" looks kinda outa place ... I'd have it bend around the contour of the bot a bit, maybe shade it to fit with the bots shading some more. Great pic though!

Miau: O god thats awesome, but, I gotta say, if it was coming to save me, I'd probably have a heart attack!

Hazzard: Cool design and good use of shadows. The lights on the buildings in the background are a little too bright though, sorta messes with the depth of the image.

littleone: :eek: it's jumping at me?! The bot looks great, but the buildings in the background have their perspective a little off ... the lights towards the bottom should be vertically spaced closer together to give the forshortening effect. Nice and creative though!

lichtpartikel: That color job is looking sweet! Totally different than what i'd imagined, and I like what you've done better. And you are right, on second thought, my robot looks kinda shreddy too

Thanks for the comments all, you guys are awesome, especially for posting on this tough topic!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    well i'm very impressed with how much effort you guys put into this.

i'm sure 90% of the artists on this forum will struggle with this topic, mech design is much harder than organics, but... the people who actually came through, get MUCH respect from me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

for national emergencies like 9/11, deployable mobile SAM site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.