Sketchbook: Kat's New Sketchbook [college scribbles]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kat's New Sketchbook [college scribbles]

I decided to start a new SB after entering college. I hope to use this thread to document my progress as I move through my classes and hopefully grow and mature in my ability to make images.

I was very active at CA for a few years in High School, but I've ignored it since I went off to college. I've now come to realize that the critiques and encouragement I received from the community on this site were invaluable and helped me to grow, so I've decided to try to become involved again.

Right now I'm a sophomore illustration student at MICA in Baltimore and I was fortunate enough to have an internship opportunity this summer as a concept artist at a video game company in Maryland. It's very challenging work, but I absolutely love it. A lot of the time I feel like I have no skill compared to the amazing people I work with, but they've been very patient with me and the incredible things they do serve to further encourage me.

Hopefully, with a LOT more hard work I can make some more progress this year and get closer to where I want to be.

[Edit: I did some digging and found my old sketchbook. I thought I'd go ahead and post the link here for continuity's sake: OLD SKETCHBOOK ]

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Katfayheirti; July 13th, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------
    portfolio=ORANGEMANTIS.COM
    Blog
    SKETCHBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 5