Color and lighting issues

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hay guys Im havin some problems with the lighting and some of the skin tones in this piece and could use a little help on what ever else you might come across. Im not into the rendering stage that much yet im still stuck on getting the blue lights on the left side of her face to contrast the rest of the face but not stick out too much any help could be appreaciated.

Name:  CA version .jpg
Views: 181
Size:  153.2 KB

Im not sure about the background i wanted to change it to night so ill take all the yellow out and try to push the blue a lot more. thanks in advance for those who help

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update im having less problems with the colors and the lighting but its really starting to look to fake and cartoonish, my guess is that its the eyes since im trying to put too much focous on them and their getting pretty raident orange. i might try toneing them down a bit but i bet thet its not the only reason for looking cartoonie. its still getting worked o so i know theirs some unfinished areas i tried a few different things to get a skin texture i put a texture of skin on an overlay in some areas i also tried some pointalism to see if that looked any better any advice on that could help a lot.
    Name:  Ca Version 2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  176.2 KB

-Demo-
    My Blog

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you had a much more better start with your first try because it was blending better with the enviroment. On your second post the tone went down and darker but its not helping since you dont have an enviroment to blend all those blue and red lights with. First of all, i think what would really help right now is to work on this with a more constructive process. Building up your main shapes, facial features and values (b/w maybe) first and then applying blue and red color lights. Set up a nice structure before letting all the fireworks out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok iv been working alot on the Bg composition the girls angled a weird way so im not sure what the perfect angle would be im pretty sure im off iv only got 1 more day to work on theis so i cant make a hage change but ill try to do as much as i can. i know the background completly sucks right now im working on it but im going to bed so ill leave it here for the night to maybe get som feed back. hope fully i can get it renderd out as full as possible tomorrow soooo...... get ur engins ready people its time to crit

Name:  Ca version 3.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  224.5 KB
    Name:  Ca version 4.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  225.7 KB

-Demo-
    My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The blue 'lighting' doesn't look like light at all. Instead, it looks like part of the skin on the face is painted blue. This looks to me because you've shaded where the blue light would hit. Use the light hource to 'light up' the subject, not colour with.

In short, the reason it doesn't look like lighting is because you've used dark blue. Just use light blue to make it look like it's actually light.

To conclude, I need caffine, I'm sorry if this makes no sense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its ok it makes sense in a way i guess i think you mean i over blended my light source into the skin tone or something thanks for the help and the paint over.

Villa thanks i know i think i dived to far in to this before a carefull plan was made. although in my defense this piece took alot of un-expected turnes and i guess i really didnt plan that much.

I made a 3d model of the BG and tryed that aproch which helped the perspective i think. but the time crunch is bearing down so i think i let a bad habit happen and overlayed some texture maps insted of learing how to render them with paint. if they look completly terribel someone tell me im iffie at this point, iv got a few more hours to work on it tomorrow so a last burst of help from CA would be amazing guys.
    Name:  Ca version 6.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  205.3 KB

-Demo-
    My Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.