I need to restart.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I need to restart.

Excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this. A mod could move it to it's right place if possible.

My name is Mathias, I'm 17 years and a beginner artist. And I really mean beginner. It were about 7 months or so that I really started to catch interest in drawing and such. Thing is, at that point all obigatory "artsy" classes and such in school were over, so didn't really have someone professional to teach me various techniques and basic stuff and so on. So i have basically been drawing in blindness, without knowing how to do to achieve the results I wanted. Thus making my "works" full with errors and looking just straight off crappy. And in august or so this year I'm going to join a class for Graphical Illustration, but it wouldn't have been wrong at all with having some basic knowledge and experience from drawing in the first place.

Now, to some things I've done so far.

I need to restart.
    I need to restart.
    I need to restart.
    I need to restart.
    I need to restart.

Here's my latest digital drawing. Trying to draw Aeon from Castlevania Judgment for those of you who knows what that is.

I need to restart.
    I need to restart.

Yesterday I also began to draw on paper with graphite pencils. And well, as I said in my other thread, I've got a problem with sizing. And not only that. As someone said over there, not only doesn't gun fit on paper, the two parts of the gun are drawn in different perspectives.

I need to restart.

So yes, I like to draw people/creatures/objects and such.
    Anyhoo. I've only posted my things over at deviantart so far. And as you may know, that ain't the place to go to if you want good critique. Recently I found this site here and saw how pure awesome pics people could do. Of course, I too want to be able to do such things one day. And that is my goal. Though, it's a long way I have to go. And there's where I hope you could come in.

I really wish you could give me some good advices and tips on various tutorials and such to help me understand the basic drawing techniques and so on. I would be very much obliged with your help. Because I really don't know what to do.

Thank you for your time reading this. Cheers! //Mathias

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I love a top-break revolver. Errr...wait. Is that a cartridge in there? Dude!

Best thing to do, if you want feedback, is post one image at a time in the Critique Section. Start with any of these and see what you get.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, it's just a replica, don't worry

I could give it a try. I'm just not so confident in myself when it comes to drawings. That's the main reason why I haven't been drawing in earlier years, wanted to for a long time, though, I was kind of afraid that I would get embaressed for the bad pictures I drew, thus making it not possible for me to get any practice.

Yayaya, that was a long time ago, I've changed a lot. Enough about that. The critique center it is!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.