What course should I apply to?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: What course should I apply to?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What course should I apply to?

Well, I'm about to apply to Pratt (which, as of now, if pretty much my "dream" school...) but I'm unsure what course to apply to.
    Both the Illustration and Digital Arts sound equally interesting. The only reason I'm somewhat skeptical about Digital Arts, is because it sounds mostly like 3-D and Animation work, when I first want to get my drawing down perfectly.

Anyways, I'm unsure which of the two would be most beneficial for a career in Concept art. =/
    (Not just game concept art btw, I wanna do it all. I want to work on games, work at Pixar one day, and maybe even become an art director for a movie some day... An Oscar WOULD be nice, wouldn't it? =P)

I'm sure they'd BOTH be best, but I'm not sure which of the two I should take for my Bachelor's degree...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well i dont know shit but u seemed to answer your own question... u said u wana get drawing down perfectly first so take illustration.. if u want to do the 3d thing with more of your time when u reach ur career then maybe take that first... then again this is coming from a person who knows nothing about school

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Demurgatroid View Post
    well i dont know shit but u seemed to answer your own question... u said u wana get drawing down perfectly first so take illustration.. if u want to do the 3d thing with more of your time when u reach ur career then maybe take that first... then again this is coming from a person who knows nothing about school
    Heh, well I guess you're right... I guess I was just wondering if there were any benefits to taking Digital Arts over Illustration for my Bachelor's. ^^''

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want to do concept art, I see no benefit to getting a 3D animation degree. I would do illustration and take digital painting etc. as electives if you can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Similar problem

I have a very similar problem! The ONLY art school in my area's ONLY program that isn't a simple BA of Fine Arts is 3D Animation. I want to be a concept artist. Would this be a good education to get, or should I look for something else?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From what I can gather, Pratt's illustration department is very experimental and many students focus on digital work. It might be exactly what you're looking for.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.