Thanks

Please Consider lifting MikeCorriero's Ban?

It's been a while since MikeCorriero has been around, I know he was accused of doing some things, but would you consider lifting his ban? Even if it meant restricting him from certain aspects of the forum such as the galleries and IRC, I just don't think he's someone who should have been permanently banned from the forum since he was a real asset to the community for so many years.
    If any other members feel the same way, please speak your mind and show your support, but keep things mature and respectful. If you don't know what happened, please don't ask because this is not about restarting accusations and bringing up the past or who was right and wrong.

This is just about who wants to see his ban lifted and who feels he should be let back on the forums and whether the admins would consider lifting his ban, and if not "Now",perhaps sometime soon?"

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well, I know my input might not be so appreciated, but I'd like to see him back too. He might be a bit of a gremlin, but still he does awesome work and I'd like to see him back around the site again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    Yeah, seeing him back would be great.
    Ruckus was caused sometime in his stay here, but I feel he did far more help than harm to the community. :]

Thanks
    Do you think he would even come back?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTonMantis View Post
    Do you think he would even come back?
    He might, he might not. If he is once again made welcome and doesn't return then thats up to him. However we'll never find out if he isn't given the chance, now will we?

Thanks
    I'd like to see him back as well. He was a good guy and if anything else it was fun watching his mini workshop progress.

Thanks
    Yeah, I knew him before I made an account on the forums, but I used to talk to him all the time in vent.

I feel pretty bad that he cant converse on here anymore, I've been watching his youtube account lately, and would love to have more input from him around here.

Thanks
    I have no idea what happened, and didn´t even know he was banned... So i can´t talk about wether he deserves to be around or not... Who am i to judge such things?

But he sure is a nice guy, and i liked his posts! Woulden´t mind to have him around! So...
    My website

Facebook Page

New CA Sketchbook

" The scientific and generally accepted-in-art term for this is "You're fuckin' screwed, dude..." " Ilaekae - May 16th, 2009

Thanks
    I have no idea what happened, and didn´t even know he was banned... So i can´t talk about wether he deserves to be around or not... Who am i to judge such things?
    I think something like this happened:

I changed the video. I'm trying to figure out which is a better
    Mad Max Metaphor
    Last edited by NoSeRider; January 7th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    i'd personally like to see him back, but am sure the powers that be had their reasons. but i do miss him around here.

Thanks
    It's not like this is the only forum about art on the internet or like he droped from the face of the earth. How about talking to him on myspace or facebook or something?

I know that if someone had personally given to me the trouble he has given to CA, I wouldn't want him back. CA might be open to the public, it doesn't mean that it's everybody's right to post on it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qitsune View Post
    It's not like this is the only forum about art on the internet
    But it is the coolest and one that I sort of mentally connected him with.

I know that if someone had personally given to me the trouble he has given to CA, I wouldn't want him back.
    I disagree. As far as I could tell he wasn't trying to be maliscious. He was just being a prankster and went overboard with it. And surely the good that he did outweighed his juvenile moments.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why the powers that be were angry with him, but I am hoping that said anger by now might have cooled off. I mean, we all know that Jason and everyone else involved in the running of this site are cool guys, it doesn't seem like them to be unforgiving.

CA might be open to the public, it doesn't mean that it's everybody's right to post on it.
    This is true, that is why we are asking that the ban be revoked. We are trying to intercede on Mike's behalf. If it was his right to post we would be demanding that he be brought back. Its not his right so we are not demanding but instead asking, perhapse you could go so far as to say begging, that he be allowed to come back.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not sure what happened, but I would definately like to see some of his work. I've tried to search it with no good results. Does anyone know what his handle was, or a direct link to a sketchbook would be fantastic. Thanks.

Thanks
    maybe a poll would be of better use in this sort of problem?
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close

DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neolite View Post
    I'm not sure what happened, but I would definately like to see some of his work. I've tried to search it with no good results. Does anyone know what his handle was, or a direct link to a sketchbook would be fantastic. Thanks.
    try his website

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Coene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm glad that his workshop and at least some of his more helpful posts managed to survive the purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    I disagree. As far as I could tell he wasn't trying to be maliscious. He was just being a prankster and went overboard with it. And surely the good that he did outweighed his juvenile moments.
    Exactly, if this were not true then I'm sure Jason would have cleaned out the mentor section and left no trace of Mike.

We're not trying to revolt against the established order, we're simply asking for a show of kindness. Just give the guy a chance, please?
    Last edited by Smoke; January 7th, 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks
    Bring him back. Ego aside he has had a valuable presence in the years.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to skullsquid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    we all know that Jason and everyone else involved in the running of this site are cool guys, it doesn't seem like them to be unforgiving.
    I wouldn't exactly call them unforgiving on this matter, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley
    For those who think Mike has been helpful. I agree. That is why I stuck up for him for the past two years when other people were calling for him to be banned...when he threatened one of my crew (whom I love like a brother) with physical violence on ca (normally perma ban INSTANTLY) and a number of pros demanded he be banned or they would not post here anymore, I calmed them down. When I have multiple professionals telling me he is causing problems, something is amiss. Y'all need to know that I was the one sticking up for him as he had been helpful over the years. Time and time again I put my neck on the line for the guy. However, he was participating in something that not only took my valuable time but smeared conceptart in the process. He was given a final warning after the threats. He was warned again after he was caught causing problems. That is when it got worse. He and some others were scheming on how to fuck with conceptart.org, including making hateful posts on the net and a number of other things. The last straw was having my private message warning to him showing up on the internet in spiteful fashion. Considering he was already on account probation, he should have known not to go stirring up the same kind of trouble that led to his warnings in the first place. The immaturity stops here. He is done. I stuck up for him for years. He stepped on my toes anyway.

Thanks
    I remember him insisting that the "threat" was a joke, taken the wrong way.

As to the private message, that was not posted by Mike himself. He had shown it to us because we were constantly pressing, asking to know what was wrong. One of us took it a bit too far and posted it online. Without permission. I know, because I was there. I was also banned, my ban was temporary, and I have barely posted since it was lifted, I'm being good. Why can't he have the same chance?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm going to put in my two cents and say, yes, his ban should be reconsidered. Ask yourself: Was it really that big of a deal?

If it was, keep him banned.

Does anyone know if he ever apologized?
    Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Thanks
    If memory serves he did, but the thread was deleted.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    I would say the admins are watching the input, but overall it's their decision, not ours. I don't think a poll is a good idea. I don't think it was done on a whim to ban someone. Let the staff sort it out on their own.

CA isn't a democracy but rather a benevolent dictatorship.

Just from experience, when people bring up threads nagging about bans, it tends to have the opposite effect. In the past and my experiencing admining other sites, it's really not appreciated. It's for the person who is banned to talk with the people who banned him/her.

It's not a matter for us 3rd party folks to start up polls and nag about something that's a personal matter between the site and the banned.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Benevolent people give chances. Nobody is trying to nag, annoy, or assume we're in charge, we're just asking!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    Sounds like Mike abused two entire years of benevolence, Smoke. And if it was his friends who helped him get in trouble, then the guy needs to choose his friends more wisely.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    Corrierro will not be having his privileges reinstated. He is banned. Permanently...for MULTIPLE reasons.

Thread locked. Gavel slammed down.

Jason Manley

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post: