Sketchbook: Some serious Vilpuu manual training (Devere)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some serious Vilpuu manual training (Devere)

Hi all, it's the new year and my resolution is to go through the vilppu manual more seriously with goal of improving my figure drawing (in both technical and drawing feel aspects) as much as possible setting it up like it were a 12 week course. This week I'm focusing on gesture the first chapter and then next week spherical forms and so on until I complete the whole book in sequence trying my best not to miss a day. Wish me luck, for get that last comment and just stop by for a look or a quite comment and or critique. Thanks. first 630 gestures are one using posemaniac.com over the course of these three days on a pad of newsprint.

30 second gestures. the second set is likely to be done at a slower pace because I'm not certain I'm achieving the full effects of the exercise this way. Feel like I could take a little longer to feel the action moving through the form. Oh yeah forgot to mention most of them like suggested in the manual are done from memory after spending the first 10 second observing the figure in action the remaining 20 are used to draw as much as I can remember from memory. (I will admit to cheating a little every here and there cause some of those poses are a little hard to grasp in 10 seconds.)

Attached Images Attached Images                                          
    it is better to have sketched and sucked than to never have sketched at all.

Visit my sketch book at
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ghlight=Devere
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    next third posting hem in thirds cause I'd be pissed if my pc froze after uploading them all before I get to submit post. so just 1/3 of my pages left, by the way just noticed they ripped me off with the newsprint, 35 instead of 40 pages per pad as advertised

Visit my sketch book at

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I stand corrected not quite thirds that's it for today folks

Visit my sketch book at

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.