Art: renderers for Sketchup

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

renderers for Sketchup

Let's talk about this. I want to download a free one that yields good print size res. Who's used what and what do they think?

Joeparis gave a link for IDX Renditioner. Looking at their site, my understanding is that the free version only yields screen size results. Anyone know more about this?

Anyone tried Kerkythea?

Any other experiences?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ken,

Yes,Kerkythea could be a good choice. Another one could be Indigo,which is also free.

Both have exporter plugins for sketchup so you can use it with the free version of SU as well. I know Kerky a bit though I'd not say I'm an "expert" at it.

"Gai..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've seen people using Blender as well. I don't know much of anything about this, but if you are a Blender fan, would be worth looking into as another free alternative.

I'll also plug Kerkythea, it works pretty well with SketchUp and has a lot of active development. Don't use it often, but in my experience the learning curve isn't bad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've tried all sorts of renderers with sketchup, but have found that none of them work as well and fast as Artlantis. I know it's expensive and to figure out how translate efficiently and optimally from sketchup to artlantis is a little confusing at first, but once figured out there's nothing as optimal. I say optimal because I'm weighing the time taken to render v/s the rendering quality. If you're looking for quick workable renders that is. There are some great hidden gems in artlantis which are not apparent at first.
    If you're looking for truly photorealistic renders, then probably something else like mantelray etc...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. I think since this thread was started, a lot has changed. Indigo is now a paid-for renderer, albeit an exceptional one. But there are also many others - for example, Piranesi is now available for Sketchup and the relative newcomer Shaderlight gives awesome photo-realistic results, but at about 20% of the cost of everything else. For ease of use and an established reputation, V-Ray for Sketchup is one of the best.

We've started to collate our Sketchup renderers on our website (http://www.cadsoftwaredirect.com/ren...up-i-35.html); I expect we will have more available shortly. If anyone would like any help rendering out from Sketchup, please do let us know (PM me).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Podium..

i tried it, n its decent enuff for Pro rendering

►some guitar feedback please!

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd definately recommend vray, it gives good resolution renders (I got 30MP on my netbook), but it allows you to make something emmisive, refractive, or reflective, with full conrols over that (volume fog, volume blur, colours, textures...)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.