Art: New work from yet another CA nooblet ( UPDATE 6/24/10 website work edits page 5) - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New work from yet another CA nooblet ( UPDATE 6/24/10 website work edits page 5)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A classic Blade runner scene, extremely well done dude Should be so interesting to see you working, definitely.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Feerik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sony View Post
    Thanks for the brief about you work-flow; You are very talented person. Its not the speed we need yes it is important at some point but the quality you produce is simply wonderful. You are very great person and best of luck for your more work to being produced.
    CHEERS
    Thank you sony thats very kind of you!
    Speed is for sports, not art imho.
    I make less money because I take on less work, but the quality is always there, thats more important imho.
    Thank you so much for the well wishes, all the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixeltuner View Post
    Awesome stuff all the way. The lighting on this is pretty f&$*n amazing, however I do think the woman looks too 'clean' and 3d-ish. Her skin looks a bit plastic to me. I prefer the way the aliens are painted
    Thanks Pixel!
    We all have our preferences, I appreciate you telling me what you liked and didnt like.
    I suppose she could be 'dirtier' but it didnt fit quite frankly. She is supposed to be young and red light destroys detail and flaws in human skin, I tried to reflect that
    All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by draw View Post
    Outstanding work!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by James Kei View Post
    This painting is a monumental achievement. Congrats, and thanks for sharing it with us. We'll be studying your work for many years to come.
    Thats such a nice compliment, thank you James!
    I need to improve in many areas I think, Im looking forward to getting closer to closing that gap between what I want to see and what I do.

Very best wishes to you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just awesome work!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to matt0917 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by brokencow View Post
    AHHH, good to see there is still more great work coming! Thanks for posting.
    The pleasure is mine!
    And yes there is plenty of work on the way as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Furitsu View Post
    Awesome image!
    In fact, I looked up the word "awesome" in a dictionary and saw your image next to it. Beautiful.
    Heehee!
    Thats very kind of you, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleHenk View Post
    At first, when I first found ye (which was a while ago) I was a bit sceptical to this 3D-looking style you're acheaving. But your later pieces are something in between "painterly" and 3D. And I love it! Unique and refreshing.

This one is very lovely indeed. Thouroghly entertaining scrutinizeing all the details and textures, between eyeing that incredible cleavage that is.

Keep it up!
    *nod* Cleavage is important.
    I prefer it to all out nudity, its more erotic in some cases, leaves more up to the imagination.
    Im really glad you think its unique and refreshing, that *really* made my day.
    All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by m@. View Post
    That's an amazing picture... Love every bit of it, especially the form and the edge work. There's a lot of life in the character's poses too.
    Whew! Im glad you think so!
    I really went for personality and life in the poses, im really glad it translated well for you.
    I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    Bad ass indeed, thanks for sharing your work man. Really inspiring to me for sure.
    Thank you my man, to inspire is a huge goal of mine, to think I actually get to do it for a few people who mention it is beyond what I had ever hoped for.

All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by illustratorwayne View Post
    amazing work! big, big fan...
    Thank you so much!
    I hope my future work keeps you interested!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    brilliant work the lighting is fantastic, love the alien smoking in the background. great character work *thumbsup*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tofa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is amazing. I really love the atmosphere in this one. And the lightning is perfect. Very unique and well done. Have I said that I love it?

You also seems like a great person. A true artist.

/Pennan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pennan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 771 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I didn't know about the red light doing that to the human skin. Another lesson learned

Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmmm, cleavage . . .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bradyscott For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kendall View Post
    Hey Crypt. I think it's your best yet(I still love the green caterpillar rider and the punting frog). Incredible textures and lighting partnered with a great sense of storytelling. Beautiful stuff. Your works' are really worth the wait.
    Dave I really appreciate that, thanks so much!
    It's exciting to get compliemnts like this from someone who's work you really dig, thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTooth View Post
    Hi Cryptcaller, love your work, infact I put you down as one of my favourite concept artists over at IFX! This is great, I love the story, and well we all know how good the lighting is. It's not on this thread, but my favourite image is the one with the big ogre dude bashing people up... the sky in at the top is... just amazing.

Anyway! Great job on responding to people comments. I have a question though, as an aspiring artist myself (beginner) ...you say you study a lot from observation. Do you draw much from real life, or is it mainly reference photos? And I wondered how you rate the importance of drawing/study from life or are photos/film still as good a replacement? I'm asking cos as a learner I'm feeling a bit guilty about not "getting out there" and drawing, mainly cos it's so freaking cold at the moment. I love your work and would value your opinion on this thanks in advance!
    Im honored that you would seek my opinion out!
    I hope that what I have to offer is useful.

For me I use photos for practice, primarily stills from movies. Having a model is ideal but I can neither afford one or attend classes where one is provided. Photography and movie stills offer a lot of variance with bodies in motion, which is why I prefer them.
    If you have an instructor you work with I would definately follow thier guidance before mine since they are trained and teach, while Im self taught.
    But for my personal preference photos and stills are my preference.

I hope that helps!
    All the best, and remember: we're all beginners at something in art.
    The learning never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by brokencow View Post
    So I looked at your painting again, and I looked at a few others cause I was still feeling inspired. I studied a few pieces and observed some details. I came to a conclusion that maybe someone has mentioned already, but I just didn't have time to read the comments. Also, I'm terrible at explaining myself. So I did a paint over, to let the picture speak.

I'm a huge noob myself, so it might not even be done correctly, but what I got was the impression that there doesn't seem to be much space in here. I think you're amazing at contrast, that is for certain. But as far as dept and space, I think it could use a little.

All i did here was try to put the chick in front, as it seems like the guy is giving directions, so he'd be standing some what a few steps further back than her. So I gave her the spot, then I pushed him back slightly by putting some light on him, taking the darks back further in the light, then pushed the background even further back.

Not a masterful paint over at all, in fact it took like 20 seconds and an overlay layer. But I thought it did a decent enough effect of what I'm trying to explain. Hope it doesn't offend, and I hope I'm making sense.
    Of course it doesnt offend, and it doesnt have to be masterful either.
    I definately see what you were going for and I think my piece could probably have used a very, very subtle haze to enhance it. The only problem is the distance isnt that great and the air doesnt contain that much moisture to really justify a powerful humidity effect like that.

Also ,your assuming she is in front, when in fact he is in front and is looking away and past her to recall the directions he's giving her.

But I think your right in that some of my pieces could use a little depth treatment for sure, I just dont think this is one of them. My ogre piece in my other thread stands out as needing some depth work.

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort show me your thoughts, it means a lot to me. It's not offensive in the slightest you are obviously trying to help, and you have.

All the very best to you.

Coinpurse is offline fishing for boots... Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Coinpurse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by illustr8r View Post
    I disagree about the lack of depth and atmosphere comment. The spacial relationships look good to me. There is not a lot of distance between the major elements of the pieces, so there is not going to be a lot of atmospheric perspective between the creature in the front and the creature just behind him. I think you've suggested that distance just right with the subtle merging of values and slight blur.

I also think that compositionally it doesn't call for you to fudge the values to create focus. The focal point is obvious and the eye travels well around the piece with the major characters looking at each other. Only thing I would say is maybe extend the canvas to the left a smidge because of the little tangent with the thing sticking off the side of the vehicle...but that's a minor nitpick. I guess you could also extend the canvas down so it's not chopping off the bottom of the vehicle and the creature's feet, but it's probably not necessary.

Excellent work!

Thanks very much illustr8tor!
    These are really constructive insights and I agree about the canvas resizing on the left, it could have used an extention.
    I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note.
    All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Chane View Post
    Hey, it looks astonishing! Great rendering

However, sorry to ask if it has been asked before,

did you made the sketch digital in photoshop, and then made the picture?

or

did you made the sketch on paper, scanned in, retouched in photoshop en made the picture?

I guess you are a Wacom user?

Furthermore; great great great great
    Thank you very much, im glad you dig it!
    No need to be sorry! Im lucky to have others interested in my work enough to ask questions.
    I do everything in photoshop 7, from initial sketch to final filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    damn.. i just had to post.

How long did this take you?
    Something like this usually takes me about 2.5-3 weeks, but at the time I got some paying contract work and had to come back to it. This one also took longer due it being one of the larger pieces ive taken on.
    Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment!
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by germ-X View Post
    cool stuff. really enjoying all of it.
    Thank you germ, I really appreciate that!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am pretty amazed you go back and thank, personally, each and every person that comments on this topic. Well done good sir. Well done.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Duman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for my reply, I will definitely have a go at some movie stills!

Great to see you in Imaginefx recently.

Don't worry 'bout replying to this, you already answered my question

I think now we're all just itching to see more!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Feerik View Post
    A classic Blade runner scene, extremely well done dude Should be so interesting to see you working, definitely.
    Thanks Feerik!
    Love the work youve recently done in that new book, really exceptional!
    Sorry it took me a while to reply, been incredibly busy!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0917 View Post
    Just awesome work!
    Thanks very much matt!

Quote Originally Posted by chriis.zed View Post
    brilliant work the lighting is fantastic, love the alien smoking in the background. great character work *thumbsup*
    Im glad you like it!
    I plan on doing a 4 part series of "Life in the 23rd century" with scenes similiar to this, that is if I can get a free moment from doing freelance!

Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennan View Post
    This is amazing. I really love the atmosphere in this one. And the lightning is perfect. Very unique and well done. Have I said that I love it?

You also seems like a great person. A true artist.
    I appreciate that pennan, thank you so much!
    Hearing artists tell you your unique (in a good way) is a very high compliment, in addition to being called a "true artist" it really means a lot - thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All work was done in Photoshop 7, no references, no 3D programs.
    Ho.. how.. how is this possible?!?! *head explodes*
    I really want to see how you work up to an image as grand as this without reference. Man oh man...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tandy1000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is a wonderful piece! I really love how you re create a realistic rendering but something which keep a true design.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Riddick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeltuner View Post
    Hey man, I didn't know about the red light doing that to the human skin. Another lesson learned
    Light is a wonderous world. It never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by bradyscott View Post
    Mmmm, cleavage . . .
    It would be a cold and lonely world without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coinpurse View Post
    wow...
    Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Duman View Post
    I am pretty amazed you go back and thank, personally, each and every person that comments on this topic. Well done good sir. Well done.
    Its honestly the least I can do.
    Having others be interested in my art is a privilege, not a given.
    One of these days ill have more time so I can bounce around and comment on the wonderful stuff I see other's doing around here.

Thanks, Duman.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This stuff is just insanely great.

What I find funny is how the guy is apparently calling bullshit on your ability to render a Honda logo and garbage truck from memory. *I* could draw a Honda logo from memory, and I am not remotely into cars. He apparently has no quibble with the lighting so good that it's sort of absurd, but can't believe that you could concept 1/6 of the back of a garbage truck from 2017. Furthermore-- spending vast amounts of time on an illustration can produce almost unbelievable results, even if you're not all that great at art. I am certainly no great shakes but the paintings I've spent 24 hours on kind of amazed me, like, how was I able to do that!? Maybe I should try working over a hundred hours on an idea.

Perhaps that's the key for me instead of endless marker sketches of concrete bollards...

An aside: I'd love to know some comic books you'd suggest. I love the old Heavy Metal-- not so much the new stuff, but the really edgy drug-addled stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I also like 2000AD because of the incredibly dark subject matter and black humor. But it's getting more difficult to find underground stuff these days.

Any suggestions?

"I know the Way, know the Way, know the Way, know the Way" -Achilles' Last Stand

Tutorial: Realistic Perspective Renderings from 2D Line Art
    Sketchbook

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Strela For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work, really love the lighting

view full portfolio@:
    jeremyruiz.com

follow my blog@:
    ruizillustration.blogspot.com

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy Ruiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also found it interesting in this pic that neither of the bullywugs are looking at her cleavage-- not... to their liking, apparently, which makes you wonder what it is they have waiting at home. The wall texture was also particularly good in that piece, as were all the water interactions.

Was going to mention-- there's this concept in Japan called "Sanbai Doryoku," the foolproof method for success at anything.

Work three times harder than anyone else and you will succeed.

The problem is that they spend it on exquisitely rendered pictures of nubile teens engaging in non-consensual relations with cephalopods (or, usually, vice versa).

To the people who find this improbable: Have you ever spent 200 hours on one piece? If you do, it's going to look good, and you're going to learn things about superfinish that you won't learn from ten thousand speedpaints. The reverse is also true and I suspect that the speedpaintings are more important but until you can put out pieces to a high level of polish, don't assume that somebody is a Maya wizard.

Frankly, I'd be almost more amazed if one person was creating work that looked that good in a 3D app.

I can also see the Corben and Frazetta and possibly Royo influences here. Also a huge influence from the Old Gentleman, H.P. Lovecraft...

"I know the Way, know the Way, know the Way, know the Way" -Achilles' Last Stand

Tutorial: Realistic Perspective Renderings from 2D Line Art
    Sketchbook

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Strela For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tandy1000 View Post
    Ho.. how.. how is this possible?!?! *head explodes*
    I really want to see how you work up to an image as grand as this without reference. Man oh man...
    Lots of time and a willingness to sit there until I get it right. Ill take a break and look at some photos to get ideas so I can re-imagine it but I dont keep them open in my workspace and copy them, its too cumbersome and aggravating to keep track of all that crap. I try to do it from memory and imagination as much as possible, but I will bust out a photo and keep it in the workspace if I really, really get stuck, or for a client that wants me to adhere to a specific IP.
    Not using reference is not a rule set in stone or self-imposed restriction, its simply a preference.

Thanks for your interest and time!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    It is a wonderful piece! I really love how you re create a realistic rendering but something which keep a true design.
    Im glad you like it Riddick, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Strela View Post
    This stuff is just insanely great.

What I find funny is how the guy is apparently calling bullshit on your ability to render a Honda logo and garbage truck from memory. *I* could draw a Honda logo from memory, and I am not remotely into cars. He apparently has no quibble with the lighting so good that it's sort of absurd, but can't believe that you could concept 1/6 of the back of a garbage truck from 2017. Furthermore-- spending vast amounts of time on an illustration can produce almost unbelievable results, even if you're not all that great at art. I am certainly no great shakes but the paintings I've spent 24 hours on kind of amazed me, like, how was I able to do that!? Maybe I should try working over a hundred hours on an idea.

Perhaps that's the key for me instead of endless marker sketches of concrete bollards...

An aside: I'd love to know some comic books you'd suggest. I love the old Heavy Metal-- not so much the new stuff, but the really edgy drug-addled stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I also like 2000AD because of the incredibly dark subject matter and black humor. But it's getting more difficult to find underground stuff these days.

Any suggestions?
    Hmmm, lets see...
    I think you might enjoy Moebius' work, probably one of the most underrated and completely brilliant comic artists of the time. His designs and concepts still blow most stuff out of the water today.
    Well, stuff that isnt from Massive Black anyway, hee hee!
    Your going to want to get your hands on some magazines like "Epic" and the old graphic novels that you used to only could get through the ads in Heavy Metal. Stuff like "Ranxerox" from Liberatore, "Zora" from Fernando Fernandez and Ghita by Thorne.

Give those a whirl, through them youll get exposed to all kinds of really awesome stuff from the late 70's and early 80's.

And yes, a little time spent on your work goes a long way.
    Speed is for sports in my opinion, not art.
    All you need is 5% talent and 95% hard work and you'll produce stuff you didnt think you could.

Id like to qoute some fancy saying in here about how "most of the worlds problems come from mankinds inability to sit still in a room for 15 minutes" but I dont know it exactly.
    I come from a time when 15 minutes was nothing, now its an eternity for some people.
    Patience, open-mindedness and willingness to suffer a little are all the secrets and tutorials youll ever need.

Sometimes it bums me out that some guys and gals sell themselves short so quickly. I cant count how many times ive heard "..I cant spend more than 3 hours on a piece" or "...the most ive ever worked on something was a day".

I dont even want to think about all the masterpieces that could have been had they given themselves some more time, stuff that would make my art look like finger-painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Ruiz View Post
    great work, really love the lighting
    Thanks Jeremy, I really appreciate that, I try concentrate on light as much as possible. After all, its what we are all really drawing! Light and the absence of light.

Thanks so much for the notes everyone, it really means a lot!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela View Post
    What I find funny is how the guy is apparently calling bullshit on your ability to render a Honda logo and garbage truck from memory. *I* could draw a Honda logo from memory, and I am not remotely into cars.
    I bet you couldn't. Not exactly.

But my point wasn't really that I didn't believe that Cryptcrawler couldn't do it. My point was, why would he bother? What, other than pride, is served by not using reference? Time is a precious commodity, and it should be wisely spent. Spending time getting the shapes and lighting of a female figure just right? Time well spent. Spending time trying to remember what the back of a garbage truck looks like when you could just look in your clip file and check? Not so much.

In the end, particularly in commercial art, process matters not at all. The quality of the end result and the ability to deliver it on time are all that matter. And since I'm not a client, I really don't care how Cryptcrawler makes his art, or how long it takes. It's all so gorgeous and rich and lovely to look at that it doesn't matter. Keep on doing what you're doing, sir. You knock me out with every piece.

[Edit] Yeep! Never saw your response to my original comment until just now, sir. My apologies for repeating myself, and for not fully reading through the thread. Thanks for clarifying that you do occasionally use reference. Heh. How embarrassing to be preaching to the choir.

Last edited by NathanLong; June 4th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Nathan's Journal

http://sabrepunk.com/

38. The Following User Says Thank You to NathanLong For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanLong View Post
    I bet you couldn't. Not exactly.

But my point wasn't really that I didn't believe that Cryptcrawler couldn't do it. My point was, why would he bother? What, other than pride, is served by not using reference? Time is a precious commodity, and it should be wisely spent. Spending time getting the shapes and lighting of a female figure just right? Time well spent. Spending time trying to remember what the back of a garbage truck looks like when you could just look in your clip file and check? Not so much.

In the end, particularly in commercial art, process matters not at all. The quality of the end result and the ability to deliver it on time are all that matter. And since I'm not a client, I really don't care how Cryptcrawler makes his art, or how long it takes. It's all so gorgeous and rich and lovely to look at that it doesn't matter. Keep on doing what you're doing, sir. You knock me out with every piece.
    I appreciate the kind comments Nathan, im glad you dig the art.
    Unfortunately it comes across as extremely backhanded when in the same breath you express disbelief that not using reference could be for *no other reason* than serving ones own pride, when that isnt the reality in the slightest.

Its not a self-restriction or personal code or catering to my pride, its simply a matter of preference. Id rather skim a few photos and then try to recall it rather than keep something up in my workspace. As I mentioned before, I dont collect reference then draw, I do the opposite if I need to which thankfully, isnt often; so when I need something its rarely - if ever- in the same position or lit how I need it to be lit.

Whether or not you deem the value of an artist practicing visualising something in 3 dimensions as time "well spent" isnt my concern, but when you repeatedly imply that its all to tend to my ego when ive already explained its for personal convenience several times in this thread...well, then you start to just piss me off.

If you want to discuss it further with me or anyone else in this thread - kindly send a note?
    Im looking for feedback and critiques, not cluttering the forums with debate.

All the best.

[EDIT: Just saw your edit, Nathan. No harm done my friend, these things unfortunately happen on the ol internets; things get misread or quoted out of context, etc. Take care and thanks for your time and interest!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All work was done in Photoshop 7, no references, no 3D programs.
    I agree, this is even more impressive, I am just amazed !!!!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to P.R For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like those boobies...

looks great
    cool atmosphere

43. The Following User Says Thank You to F.Burner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Somebody said flawless, and that's the exact word to describe your work, I showed your deviant art page to a friend and he thought your stuff was 3D...

Great stuff, just hope to see a lot more of it!

Stop by my sketchbook please, sharing comments will help us all!

Add me as a friend in FACEBOOK if you want

45. The Following User Says Thank You to ariel_medel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by P.R View Post
    I agree, this is even more impressive, I am just amazed !!!!
    Thanks so much, P.R, that really means a lot to me!
    I still have a lot to learn and im really looking forward to getting in some more practice-time using reference to study to, ive learned a lot over the past year and im hungry to apply what ive learned to improving on my studies.

All the best to you

Quote Originally Posted by F.Burner View Post
    i like those boobies...

looks great
    cool atmosphere
    Hee hee, thanks!
    I think ive said this before: the world would be a sad, sad place without boobies.
    Thanks for the compliments and im glad you think the atmosphere is cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ariel_medel View Post
    Somebody said flawless, and that's the exact word to describe your work, I showed your deviant art page to a friend and he thought your stuff was 3D...

Great stuff, just hope to see a lot more of it!
    Ohhh thanks a lot man! That compliment really means a lot to me!
    I really wish it was flawless!
    The goal is to work hard enough so I can get as close to flawless as possible.
    The dream is to feel like im close to being close, hehe.

All the best to you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When can we see more? I've been dying for a Cryptcrawler update for ages now and I don't know if I can wait much longer

Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Lofgren For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lofgren View Post
    When can we see more? I've been dying for a Cryptcrawler update for ages now and I don't know if I can wait much longer
    Hee hee!
    Thanks Eric, I appreciate that interest, it goes a long way for me!
    I'll be dumping an update fairly soon; once the NDA's are lifted. Im a tad hesitant to show some of it because its simply not my best *insert whining about deadlines here* due to time contraints, but im going to show it anyway.
    In the meantime I can give you something to tide you over if your interested, its my entries into the "Newborn" contest, my seconf entry is on page 2. Again, same whining about it not being my best work but I only had about 4 days inbetween assignments to create something for the contest and it was the best I could do.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=162597

I appreciate you man, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptcrawler View Post

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=162597

I appreciate you man, I hope you enjoy it.
    \

Saw those already (although I didn't get a chance to comment on them yet). That first one is simply out of this world. The second one is good, but the first is pure perfection. Which only makes me want more

Seriously, man, you are an inspiration.

Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Lofgren For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4